Reviews for Return of the Orange Couches
CopperN13 chapter 15 . 2/19
I loved this story it's ssoooooo original!
bhemmen chapter 15 . 12/13/2009
I just finished reading both the Phantom Thoughts and Return of the Orange couches. I'm planning on reading Secrets of the Past over the next week. I read Phantom Thoughts last night and had to read Return of the Orange Couches today to see what happened next. Both stories were excellent and very gripping. The conversation at the end of Return of the Orange Couches, between Generals Landry and O'Neill was perfect. I liked that Sheppard was one of the first people who suspected that something was wrong with Rodney in Phantom Thoughts and that they were able to at least save part of the Rodney-copy by giving the memories of his final day to the original Rodney.
MaggieL80 chapter 15 . 10/27/2007
Wow! What a wonderful story. Love the character interaction. The development of existing and new characters. Very original. You should write for the show. You have Rodney and snark down to a tee. Can't wait to read more about Rodney's secrets. Thank you again. Keep writing.
MaggieL80 chapter 12 . 10/25/2007
Nice twist...the blood suckers of the Pegasus galaxy have an aversion to garlic. Now only if it were true of crosses, holy water and wooden stakes. Hurrah...team Sheppard is back. I was worried that more whump was in store for them in the form of a whale. Really, even unconscious Rodney can't escape Moby Dick.
MaggieL80 chapter 10 . 10/23/2007
It just keeps getting better and better. Wraith in the city. Sabotage. Stunned scientists and military alike. Why wouldn't the wraith feed on the downed scientists?...unless their is more than one rogue running around in the city. I just can't stop reading. Very addictive. Got to go get my next fix.
MaggieL80 chapter 8 . 10/23/2007
Oh...I'd forgotten that an injury had allowed Rodney's consciousness to overpower Garin's last time. Ronon must be seriously injured to have allowed Rodney to come out and play for so long. Enjoy the back and forth between Atlantis and the ocean floor. Keeps the suspense building.
MaggieL80 chapter 7 . 10/22/2007
Finally a break. Just let them make contact. The whole Ronon-Rodney thing is interesting and fun. And has that hint of unpredictability. Hope Ronon doesn't wake up and suppress Rodney especially when he is on a role on repairs. In the original story, Garin had to give Rodney a suppressant to keep his consciousness under control. Why is that not the case this time? Wouldn't Ronon's consciousness be the dominant one? Of course, Rodney didn't present himself until after the telling of the story. But there were clues.
MaggieL80 chapter 4 . 10/22/2007
To quote the famous Jack O'Neill, "for crying out loud". Trapped in a submarine with not one but two Rodneys, limited power, no control and a big boulder. "The bigger they are the harder they fall", does that hold true under water? Have a feeling there be whump ahead.
MaggieL80 chapter 2 . 10/22/2007
Don't tell me it was Ronon who touched the console. Rodney and Ronon don't mix well on a good day...this should be fun. Enjoying the story. As always, love the character interaction, the bonding moments and the little asides that make these characters so real.
MaggieL80 chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
Not again. Who could be lurking in the depths of Atlantis? Loved the whole hair falling out, not gonna touch an ancient device, but instead play interior decorator and get two orange couches John Sheppard segment.
Padme4000 chapter 15 . 2/3/2007
this was another brilliant part to phantom thoughts series thingy. the orange chairs had me laughing and John being bald lol. i am going to read the next one now
aislinn chapter 7 . 11/16/2006
Elvish? was he really speaking elvish? God, I am such a geek for knowing that. Is it from galadriel's song, the I sang of leaves of leaves of gold...?
skitzofox chapter 9 . 7/4/2006
XD I've seen that caveman documentary and I recognize that line you used with McKay and Ronan. So hilarious.
Shakia chapter 15 . 1/24/2006
Aw man, that turned out really awesome! XD Scratch anything else I said, that was brilliant! I love how it turned out in the end, especially with the McKays being all combined with their memories. :D I'm up late again though for which I blame your story. :P Lol, but I loved the Shepard/Rodney friendship, that was awesome. And I laughed so hard at the continuous mention of escape attempts Shepard's done from the infirmary. That's so awesome. :P Seriously one of my favorite stories, thanks for writting it! :D Hooray for sequals! XD
Shakia chapter 7 . 1/23/2006
I really love the story (obviously :P), and the details and characters are all awesome (I can totally see everything as it happened ) and love the whumpage but I always thought cloning someone's personality was a pretty far stretch. It makes all the characters seem...disposible. Like if one were to die no one would care because they'd have a copy. Makes it seem like the characters aren't one-of-a-kind people and sort of hurts the story. Not trying to be mean or anything, just giving my opinion on it 'cuz you wrote it well and I haven't actually finished yet, but I will 'cuz I still love it. I'm just worried that that's where the story's heading with Rodney. o.o; I can't see how it'll end up well with there being another Rodney. Unless you made him like different and just with Rodney's memories...*confuses self* But anyways, thanks for the sequal! I still love how you wrote this and I will be sure to read the rest, just thought I'd review before continuing. ;