Reviews for Sand And Glass
Pandora Imperatrix chapter 1 . 6/4
I reached the end and it was with a pang of disappointment that I found out that there wasn't more. I could read more 50k of this and it wouldn't be enough.
It was beautiful, I have no better words to describe.
I see it was written almost ten years ago and you might not even receive this, but hell you should write more.
Thank you for sharing anyway, I can see my future self reading this over and over again.
fiesa chapter 1 . 9/11/2014
I'm glad I stumbled over this story. It was completely by accident but maybe the best things are found like that.

I really liked your setup - Naruto coming home after years, and feeling like no time has passed while around him everything has changed, however visibly or not. I liked the way you introduced him, and all the others - Tsunade, Shikamaru, even Sakura, while the first meeting wasn't in her favor, in my opinion. I'm glad Sasuke never made it into the story in person. While I usually don't mind him I developed quite a dislike for him here - against Sakura, too, although I can understand her reasons and her excuses. I really liked the way you described Shikamaru, though. Saving for his rent, huh.

And then the Hyuuga. Your writing was detailed and soft, somehow, and I liked it very much. You drew a fragile picture of the clan, with Hinata as its head and Neji as her husband, and Naruto slowly, slowly, falling into them. It was very sad, reading about his return and his losses. With slowly getting to live within the Hyuuga grounds - starting to find his way, starting to spar, spending time with them, understanding more and more - I felt better again, too, although the pain at Sasuke and Sakura's "betrayal" still was there. Your writing made the reader feel with Naruto, almost feel as Naruto. It was wonderful. Also, the way you included small things and never resolved them, was interesting and very well done: Neji's tattoo, for example, or Naruto's and Sasuke's first meeting. Whether Sakura was pregnant with her first child or whether there were more. Naruto asking Neji what he felt for Hinata and Neji telling a lie Naruto immediately saw through was my favorite part, I think. But there were many, many beautiful parts. he ending was excellent, too.

Thanks for sharing this story - it was an amazing read!
raintalker chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
This had been one of the most beautiful things I've read in a while, it was flowing like a river and I found my self in tears at moments - you managed to tell SO MUCH in just a oneshot that so many can't even in multiply chapters. The feelings, the thoughts, the actions all made sense - the world becomes a bit darker when you grow up - which happened in this case, too...NAruto's bright ninjaland suddenly becomes a dark lonely place, when he'd been missing out, when he grew up and faced that the lives of his dear people moved forward, while he was still somehow stuck. This is something so many can relate to - and I am so thankful to you for writing this.
Not to mention your portrayal of the Hyuuga. You've done them so much justice that it's hard to explain. I'm loving this story so much and I'm so happy I could read it!
You've done an excellent job, I hope to read more such exquisite stories like this one.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/19/2012
I've never reviewed. This is the best story I have ever read. It's the one I find most enjoyable. I read it at least once a year, every year, since it's been published. I can't put into words how beautifully I think you write these characters. I'd like to think, that you're still writing amazing fanfics (or stories in general) where ever you are. Thank you.
Iron Monkey Fist chapter 1 . 3/18/2011
Simply left in awe.
insert meaningful phrase here chapter 1 . 8/28/2010
It's beautiful.

You have a wondrous way with words. The imagery, the emotion, the's hard to describe. Seriously.

The intermittent almost-humor balances out the more serious or nostalgic parts.

...I really can't describe it.
dr. sluice chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
I'm lovin' this like a Big Mac.
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 6/19/2008
This was very well-rounded and deep for a one shot. There were so many moments you executed perfectly. I really adore this work. I actually think the scene between Gaara and Naruto was profound. The theme I thoroughly enjoyed. Great work. An addictive read. The aged everyone and their relationship very well.
sangi chapter 1 . 2/19/2008
Oh, this was really good. As in really, really good.
The Long Fall of Prose chapter 1 . 7/22/2007
I thought that I reviewed this under my other account; I don't know what happened; but I won't marr this review with a thousand words. I loved the way your words weave around the power of nostalgia over the characters. More stories, aye?
LovedLess231 chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
what a well written story i never liked sasusaku or nejihina but this story is great very prefecinal(sorry 4 spelling)
noneko chapter 1 . 6/28/2007
Oh, this was beautiful, and poignant, and all those other adjectives to describe a well written story. The length didn't bother me, as it was exactly enough time to get the story to a well rounded conclusion. Very powerful in a subtle way. I'm really blown away.

Nice job!
acacias chapter 1 . 6/22/2007
I liked this a lot. It's a very original concept - I've never read anything else like it, actually. Your Hinata was wonderful. I missed Sasuke - I was expecting a confrontation between him and Naruto as the story continued, but oh well. Very beautiful.
Teruame chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
A very unusual what-if take on Naruto being left out in Team 7; I usually don't read those kinds of fanfics, but this is what I call an exception.

I have to say that I envy you. XD
cutemara chapter 1 . 11/27/2006
Have I mentioned how much I love this story? This must be the third time I'm reading it...Is there any more where this comes from?