Reviews for What's to Come
Prince Lutin chapter 1 . 10/28/2013
Great story!

It's good how you got the witch involved in the story 115 years after she placed the curse. I always wondered if she had gotten away with it or something.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/10/2012
Man, that sucks.

Not the story, the girl's situation.

That's pretty impressive that even the author of "Antiphony" left you a positive review. High honours!

I, too, enjoyed the intricate characterisation. I don't think most people consider the personality of the figures in the fairy tales.
savethemadscientist chapter 1 . 7/18/2009
Wow, I never thought that the princess would dream for all those years of being a sleep.
Cantare chapter 1 . 2/21/2008
Wow. Amazing story. Pity this didn't get more reviews. I haven't read the original Sleeping Beauty, but I would really like to now. I loved several things about the story.

1. the repetition. The repeated waking up and going to sleep, seeing the hag, talking with the prince and hearing the same words, going through the same gestures. Really serves to engender a sense of hopelessness and being stuck in a cycle.

2. the characterization. The beauty is not just some stupid pretty girl. She actually starts thinking. The hag is not just evil for nothing. She has a revenge motive. The backstory (I'm not sure if it exists in the fairy tale, but if you made it up it's genius) is well explained and woven into your fanfic.

3. the very idea that Prince Charming could be a douchebag. Haven't seen that before. It was very eye opening when the princess started questioning his personality, and the hag encouraged her to figure out how possessive he was.

All in all a great mold breaker of the classic fairy tale prince and princess paradigm. Not everyone's perfect, in fact everyone's flawed, and there isn't a happily ever after. Great job and I hope to read more from you.
124 chapter 1 . 8/17/2006
Really nicely written, great tone, and interesting voice. It's a great story!
Waffles the parapledgic monkey chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
neat-o freat-o!
Mizra chapter 1 . 9/15/2005
This story bleeds the archaic language that is so rightly fit in any faerie tale. I truely loved this story, and shall have to borrow the book from the library that is "The Sleeping Beauty in the Wood" by Charles Perrault.

Very nicely done and I do like the instances where the Princess was getting impatient and irritable over the prince each time! Keep the stories coming that are like these!
Symbolist chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
Oh. This is really good. I believe this is the best one-shot I have ever read. I love the fairy tale quality about it, from the dialect to the descriptions to the unnaming of the characters. Speaking of the dialect, I believe your last reviewer said that something about their speech seemed off-beat or unrealistic. While I agree that if you had conversations like these in today's world you would be given funny looks, I love how you kept it for historical accuracy. I also love how you showed the soft side of the dark faery and the disappointing side of the prince. It shows that everyone is human. A wonderful, wonderful story, I hope to read more from you!
Phoenix of Eternity chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
I think what I liked most about this story was the witch's line about how the princess had never been promised happiness. I have a problem with the "happily ever after" endings, especially the one in Sleeping Beauty.

I enjoyed the fact that the princess doesn't know if she's really awake, and the dialogue between her and the witch is great. At parts it seems as if the dialogue is a little forced-something a bit off about it, but I'm not sure what-but it had the Fairy Tale quality about it that helped the interaction between the parties to life. Well, a Fairy Tale life at least.

I thought this was a very original idea, because I've always kind of wondered if Sleeping Beauty ever dreamed. Thank you for this story.

-Fi