Reviews for Wishful Thinking
Azure Rose chapter 7 . 1/4/2010
By far this has to be my favourite FF9 story that I’ve ever read. Many thanks for an awesome read.

x
Grey Grapevines chapter 7 . 3/10/2009
ho, I really enjoyed reading this! AmarantXKuja is my favourite FF9 pair, and it's great to find an interesting story worth reading. Great job!
Tread Softly chapter 7 . 2/18/2009
This was a beautiful story. You timed and orchestrated everything so perfectly. It's nice to see authors letting a relationship FLOURISH in a story rather than just skipping immediately to the physical aspect. Your portrayals of Amarant and Kuja are absolutely addictive.
Kuno-sama chapter 7 . 11/25/2005
This story is amazing! After reading Pop Goes the World, I am really interested in Amarant/Kuja pairings. As you have read - or not read, whatever the case may be - I enjoyed Pop Goes the World thoroughly and hope for you to continue. I find your writing style interesting and I plan on reading more of your work. *adds you to faves* _
mysticneko chapter 7 . 11/9/2005
Damn... that was pretty good. You managed to make a weird couple and make it work. Nice job. I think I'm gonna look for this couple at Never know, there might be a good story!
Lucrecia LeVrai chapter 7 . 10/18/2005
I've never, EVER thought I'd /really/ enjoy an Amarant/Kuja fic, but here I am, seven well-written chapters later, totally in love with this story. It was clever, realistic, nicely composed, touching at times and interesting from the start. I liked your OCs (gotta love Arok and the way he speaks ), and you kept all canon characters, well... perfectly in character. Especially Amarant, who now strikes me as being quite smart underneath all that antisocial attitude. Where did he lean words like 'lobotomy', anyway?

I enjoyed the fact that he was basically a straight guy who ended up obsessing over a man.

Heh, as for your Kuja... I have no trouble with him being womanly and gay, as long as it's believably done. Needless too say, you /were/ believable. And not only that. I really liked your portrayal of our monkey here. Even though I generally don't like it when people use this word to describe him... in my native tongue, it's a /really/ rude thing to say about someone.

All that warehouse dancing reminded me of 'Titanic' (ugh, I have no taste when it comes to movies...), and it was well done. You brought out the true atmoshpere of Treno in your fic.

All in all, great job. Now, I /demand/ a sequel. :] No, really. :]

Please, start writing!

PS: I /am/ adding this piece to Sable's Kuja-centric C2, no matter what. :]
Elendraug chapter 7 . 9/30/2005
fljkgfdfks OH MAN I LOVE THIS SO MUCH DUDE

I swear to god if you EVER insult your own writing ever again, I'll have to threaten to do something even more drastic-er.

But oh man. The skirt-chasing line and Janelle and Arok and the ENDING the ending is perfect with the fake-deadness and that's one damn intelligent colour blue.

I love you. XD

-adds to faves!-
Dennisect chapter 7 . 9/29/2005
I love the ending...The Kuja going into trance was a little unexpected but it was good! I demand a sequal!
Hiron Otsuki chapter 7 . 9/29/2005
Okay... when I first started reading this, I knew nothing about FF9. Now, at the end, I still don't. But it was a damn good fic, anyway! Question, though: were the girls from the warehouse selffriend inserts? Just a thought. But this was really, really good. (even though, by looking at Amarant's picture on Google, he looks more like a gorilla than any resemblance Kuja might have to a monkey...)
Karu Leonnese chapter 6 . 9/28/2005
-squeals- Another update! I realy need to review more, but usually I can only save them and read later. This story's so great, it really is! You've really made this pairing work, even though it's really unconventional.

-laughs- Would you believe I learned how to write Amarant from you?
Atlanta chapter 3 . 9/16/2005
I have to admit, when I read the summary for this, I was a bit weirded out by the fact of Amarant/Kuja slash. I'm a big fan of Amarant and not advocate of slash unless it is well written and pausible.

I'm glad I could not stop myself from reading this. Amarant's in character, the story is very well written, and Kuja is...well...Kuja. Since I could have sworn Kuja was a woman when I first played the game years ago, I think that helps too.

Anyway, to make this long story short, this is a very creative relationship between the bounty hunter and the crazy "monkey." Bravo, and I wait happily for more chapters!
Karu Leonnese chapter 3 . 9/16/2005
Yay, an update! I read it yesterday, and went to review and found a new chappeh for meh! _ An awesome story and an interesting coupling!
Elendraug chapter 3 . 9/15/2005
I love this and I love you. Oh yes.
Lasae Abyss chapter 2 . 9/14/2005
Holy Damn, this is AWESOME. The thought of Adamant/Kuja threw my mind about five miles, but your characterisation of Amarant especially is right on the mark. I guess Kuja could be a bit more poetic (he's always spouting something, non?), but this is really great.

lasae
Dennisect chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
KujaxAma!O_O! Love, love, love...eternal love for you my dear...