Reviews for There Is No Other
Oshun chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Great last line. Why do people always want to re-write the story and give it their own ending based upon their own set of values and imagined loyalties? Sure I'd love my favorite characters to have had their happy ending, but if they were not who they were would they still be my favorite characters? Hm. I somehow doubt it. Just my first impression on reading this.
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 4/22/2006
As usual, Vana, your beautiful work has been executed with perfect grace. I love how there is so much meaning in what is said, but still even more meaning in what isn't. Lovely fic.

~Avalon
Eruannath chapter 1 . 1/30/2006
M... quite short indeed. Now I'm curious about how their life would've been without the doomed oath.
RavenLady chapter 1 . 11/10/2005
I like the "blood-tinted waterfall." Wow. Of all the ways people have described Maedhros' hair, that one seems to be sticking with me. (Will there ever be a fic about these two without any mention of hair color? Never mind. . .) And Fingon still being haunted by having to cut off Maedhros' hand. This is an interesting exchange. . . I can't shake the feeling that this piece says so much more than it *says,* but I don't know exactly what I'm getting at.
Otto's Goat chapter 1 . 10/6/2005
Oh, leave it the way it is, Lady Vana(!) Your drabbles are like little shots of brandy to the brain... I get a fuzzy feeling of completion when I study them. You have a lovely way of making a point without getting to the point, if that makes any sense.
perelleth chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Love the effort MAedhros is putting into writing again. It is lovely, as we usually think of him learning to fight with his let hand, yet writing must have been a very important thing for him, too as a Noldo, and an ability he would be wiling to acuire for sure!
fanged geranium chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
Very nice. I think it works well as a stand-alone piece.
Jaffee Leeds chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
I really liked this. From the descript of maedhros' hand shaking to the surprised reaction to his cousin's question. Very good, I liked it a lot.

Jaffee Leeds