Reviews for Aversion
Inday chapter 1 . 7/17/2011
This is the second time that I've read this fic, and I figured I should leave a review. I owe you one because I immensely enjoyed this, and I think this is one of the "Red Eye" fics I'll never get tired of reading...it's that good. I've read tons of other "Red Eye" fics since the first time I read this, and a lot of them start out really well with good plots and the characters are the way they should be portrayed. Somewhere along the line, though, they start going OOC or end up being too fluffy for their own good. I like how you portrayed Jackson and Lisa's relationship, because I'd imagine that if ever they got involved, this is how it would be like. Jackson still wants to stay in control and is direct. He only says or does what he wants without frills. I think you nailed Jackson and the relationship...I'm just wondering if Lisa would be THAT submissive. Two years into the relationship and nothing changes? I mean, she's a woman and she might want more out of the relationship and I think she does have a little fire in her spirit; although, we don't really know how the red eye incident would have affected her psychologically, so maybe she just ended up more complacent or resigned about things? If that's the case, then I guess the red eye incident didn't awaken anything in her, she's back to her old routinary life. I don't know...it's midnight and I'm just rambling. This would've been great if you continued this, though. I'm also impressed by the fact that this is one of the earlier "Red Eye" fics, yet I think it's one of those that are spot-on with respect to the dynamics of the JxL relationship after their huge face-off. I don't want to disrespect other writers in this fandom, I guess it would be a fact that if a fandom's been around long enough, newer writers and their fics might be, to a certain extent, influenced by older fics and the newer stories might evolve from them or add to the myths that have already grown out of them. Thoughts from a drowsy reviewer. Wish you'd write more "Red Eye" stories.
just delete this account y'all chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
That was pretty good.

What I found the best was that in your story Lisa wasn't a scared, weak woman afraid to walk out of her house. I liked it that her life went on almost as if nothing happened. Something new after so many fics I've read and almost always met the weak, stressed - after a moment also boring - Lisa.

Well... Your Jackson was also great. So in-character.

I'm mesmerized by the way you described their relationship. I loved the following little threads: Lisa with a pen, Jackson telling Lisa to look at him, Jackson's book and when Jackson is not guarded.

Your writing style is so natural and convincing.

Amazing job.

Magdalena.
Chelsey Nova chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
You just made me fall in love with this couple even more.

I love the simplicity to your story, and the beautiful way you portrayed Lisa and Jackson. This was just... lovely!

You should continue writiing Red Eye stories; I'd definitely read them!
LizzyPop chapter 1 . 12/4/2006
This is by far the most realistic J/L fanfic out there, in my opinion. I can't even put into words how great I think this fic is. One sign is that I was gonna quote to you my favorite parts, but I realized that in its entirety it's so damn on the money, that it's pointless to pick out random parts. I don't know, you just captured exactly what there relationship would be like. From him leaving all the time, to him being in control, to him still being guarded but having little moments where he shows glimpses of himself...all of that has appeared in other fics, but it's never been so accurately and simply protrayed as in this one. Right to the point, you know? Without a moment that's unrealistic or out of chracter.

The whole thing about him leaving the book there..I can TOTALLY see that. Totally. I love your style. That scene could have been a big deal in a lesser author's hands, but you write things in such a beautifully understated, casual way. I just love that, because it's so Jack (and the way I'd imagine their relationship).

Loved the part about him making her look at him before she climaxes. That's so Jack. Also, lol him being disturbed every time he sees Lisa with a pen. Again, I love the casual way you wrote that. Your writing just feels so natural.

I can't rave enough. Awesome. I really really hope you consider writing more Red Eye fanfics in the future. You have the perfect grasp on their relationship. You're incredible.
llivla chapter 1 . 11/25/2006
i like it this way.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Beautiful.
Nmoreblack chapter 1 . 1/7/2006
I just found this, and I think it's a beautiful piece. I especially like the dialogue at the end.

I personally like it as a one-shot, because you leave questions unanaswered, which to me is more realistic in a possible J/L pairing.
Vaude chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Nice.

Very nicely executed. Everyone was fantastically in character and you kept the tone consistent throughout the entire story. I love how you bypass frivolous facts that so many other authors try to fit in their stories (for example, HOW Jackson would have ended up in Lisa's bed. By cutting out unessecary plot and adding in so many little details, you turn this one shot into a real gem. My personal favorite part was when Jaskson wouldn't let Lisa climax with her eyes closed, so he forced her to look at him. My god, that is so something he would do.
dear toothy chapter 1 . 11/13/2005
i likedit.
Mini Nicka chapter 1 . 11/1/2005
Good one shot I liked the end especially and how it wasn't cut and dried.
No Name chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Hey buddy, I still haven't seen the movie yet but I do know enough about it to understand their situation. This is a really good story, great characterization. You should continue it.
Alice in June chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
This is probably my absolutely favourite fic ever. Wow, just wow. I really, really loved it. The characterizations, the description, I was "aww... ing" the whole time. I love your portrayal of Jackson, he's such a jerk but you really get the feeling that he does have romantic feelings for Lisa. Sorry if I sound a bit incoherent, my sister left you a review at the LJ community but I just had to review this myself. This is a lovely fic, thanks for writing it.
WormmonABC chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
Ah, your Jackson is so... Jackson. Wonderfully in character.
deleted9 chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Good story!
No One Mourns the Wicked chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
Aw, that was great! Post more!