Reviews for Peace At Last
Guest chapter 1 . 11/10/2014
This is a great little piece. It seems a very true account of how it could be for them. Such suffering can never be truly swept away or forgotten. The writing flowed so beautifully.
Anon chapter 1 . 1/17/2014
I like how you describe it. Two broken souls drawn to each other. Though I never thought that they would be as damaged as you describe somehow I thought that for both of that little while when they were young and their families were whole would have protected them more from the troubles that came after. Though thinking back Tolkien's text can very easily be interpreted the way you do here.
Rhyselle chapter 1 . 1/31/2007
I liked "Flawless" but I think I like this one even better. The vignettes flowed one into the next very well, and it was so refreshing to see a "real" love story between two people who have suffered much.

Great job! Are you sure you are a teenager? Your insight and writing skills belie that! :)
Jedijen66 chapter 1 . 1/20/2007
this was so sweet. very good. i give you...11/10. good job. i liked it a lot. i myself have found that i am in love w/faramir. i have a guy friend who is a lot like him so i am pretty well set.
Rugi chapter 1 . 5/15/2006
What a beautiful and realistic portrayal of the realities of married life between Faramir and Eowyn! You showed how love (and strength and honor and duty ...) makes them able to go on but you also, as few authors do, showed that love does not make a damaged person perfectly whole. They are noble and imperfect people making their way - I love it.

I also love the reference to their children who do not fully understand (who would WANT their children to fully understand such pain?). Great work here!
Shannon chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
I like the feel of this story. I too have never believed that a woman as strong as Eowyn just became a normal housewife and that a man like Faramir, who clearly had some life problems could just get over all of it in a second.

Very good work...you are an excellent writer!
JeSymphony chapter 1 . 1/12/2006
This was beautiful - a suitable companion for Flawless.
Faramir's Tumbleweed chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
It isn't nice as "Flawless"; but sweet, nontheless. Keep up the good work!
redrhonda chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
This was lovely! I agree with you that daily life would be very demanding for these two, but they'd do it. This piece covered that well. I liked the perspectives of their observers - Aragorn, Gandalf, and their children. It changed the tone of the piece well. This was very good.
Rana Ninque chapter 1 . 9/16/2005
First let me say that I'm glad you did at least one more F/E before you quit! Maybe we can convince you to do another and another, until you have contributed thousands of more stories to our fandom. I think of Flawless everyday, and how wonderfully written it was and how sad it is that you aren't going to do more. I hope you do write more though:-)

On the subject of this story, I felt that it was EXCELLENTLY written, and I really loved all the description that you put into it. Something about that scene in Denethor's office was particularly moving, though I liked it all. All of the scenes were beautifully crafted and held very powerful emotion in them.

If there were to be one critisism, it would probably be that I felt that you focused so much of the more delicate parts of their relationship, that by the end readers got the sense that this was it. Their entire lives were hanging there like that, and, for lack of a better term, there was nothing in their lives that their children would understand. We understand that this was not what you were trying to portray, but if you were ever to look at this one again, I would suggest thinking about that. However, I felt that the story was beautiful the way it was, and I don't know how well anything else might even fit in. Just something to think about.

Again, this was very beautiful.

Love,

Rana
CaptiveFaRaMiRheart chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
oh wow, this was really good! very moving, i like it. sad, too. :(
Danielle chapter 1 . 9/13/2005
wow! this is probably even better than "Flawless"! But maybe i just read that one some time ago and don't remember it properly. I agree with you that their lives couldn't have been perfect, and that they still hurt from their pasts. it's an honest, human view, and i'm glad that someone else shares it with me. and while they they might not have been THAT broken, what you wrote makes sense, and has a wonderful rhythm and clarity to it. keep up the great work!
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 9/12/2005
This was beautifully written and very touching.I agree the scars of the past would be very hard for them to shake off.