Reviews for Got To Get Out Of This City
AnneMary chapter 14 . 2/21/2013
Just a quick note to say I loved this story... Even though it was written so long ago you probably won't read this!

By the way, we use that phrase here in Australia, too. Of course, that could have something to do with South Australia being settled (originally) almost entirely by Scottish people...
ladygris chapter 14 . 12/2/2011
What an absolutely wonderful backstory! I had never thought of Carson having served in the Navy before, but it makes perfect sense!

Great work on this. Definitely one for the favorites list! :D
The Schizophrenic Gatekeeper chapter 14 . 10/4/2007
Absolutely loved this fic!

Loved the back story you gave Carson and all of the little touches (his aunt's spaniel and all :))

It was worth the read :D

weaselett x
deichtine chapter 14 . 9/18/2006
I really enjoyed this - a good, reflective story with very interesting character development that I thought was well in character for what's been presented onscreen. Very well written, especially dialogue. I loved the Scottish touches! There were areas I would have had you develop more thoroughly - for example, I'd have loved to see his interview with O'Neill. But as you said, 12 years is a lot to condense!

BTW I've heard the "X? I'll give you X!" phrase here in Canada, esp. from those from the East Coast, but it's not super common. More the kind of thing everyone would understand, but not use themselves very often.
MagsRose chapter 14 . 6/24/2006
Wow, now that's what I call a background - very comprehensive.

It's wonderful to see you write a longer piece. Your talent really shines through.

I was pleased to see a character who loves and cherishes his family, especially his parents. So often, relationship problems with parents is used as an excuse for poor behavior in characters. It was nice to see one who loved his family as much as I do mine.

I even put mine in my stories. And they don't mind.

Mags
jollygoauld chapter 1 . 1/31/2006
good a story about carson! i like it, good back story
Dr. Dredd chapter 7 . 9/26/2005
Cool. But I have a bad feeling I know what you're planning for Magnus...
Rowana Farrin chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
Very nice! Great job! It was awesome! I can't think of enough good things to say. _
Alethea Sharp chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
I just read this entire story. Truely a work of genius. I really enjoyed it!
Cat chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
I love this story. It's every Carson fan's fantasy story. Superbly written. You write Carson perfectly and Rodney too! I'm so sad it's finished. Superb! Wonderfully Superb!
PurpleYin chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
I can't believe it's over. Loved this last chapter, wish there was more. I know, you probably don't want to heard that but you write Carson so well. I adore the end bit too with babbly Rodney calling Grodin Peter and all. :)
DaynaJD chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
I really enjoyed this story. You captured Carson well (I found myself slipping into an accent whenever I read his dialogue), it was written well, and it kept me interested the entire time. A truly exellent story.
flah7 chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
That was great.

Sorry to see it end. Wonderful story.
Emma chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
Yay! Excellent wrap-up of Carson's (pre)story.

Yeah, I figure he'd chafe under the command of bossy Marines who don't seem to respect the scientists enough. And just because he was in the military doesn't mean he's got to be a hardass. I know a couple of people I was surprised to discover were in the military because they just didn't seem the type at all!

I'm glad I could be helpful, though maybe I tend to get overinvolved when it comes to my favorite character. ;-)
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 14 . 9/26/2005
So sad, it is over, he's in Atlantis. We know what happens now.

The little Sumner scene was good, Carson wouldnt take crap from anyone when he was just sitting there.

and the other behind the scenes of Rising were good, a well done fic I should say! Expertly goes over those thwelve years.