Reviews for Undeniable Chronologically
skadoo chapter 14 . 8/3/2013
Thanks for writing such a frustrating but ultimately satisfying story.
imnotacommittee chapter 14 . 2/19/2013
"Meanwhile, Kathryn thought, I look like I just got out of bed after a night of too much wine, too little sleep, and too much Chakotay."
One of the best lines ever!
The last few chapters have been a delightful exhale. Your explanation of Remus' frigid climate made me grateful our winters are only a few months long and not nearly as hopeless. The reunion banter is just what I picture the crew of Voyager to be like. Some ribald comments on Tom's part, B'Elanna turning into a good sister-figure for both Seven and Chakotay (and Kathryn too, eventually, I'd imagine), and of course that pool tournament. I regret the show shied away from Sandrine's; I preferred it to any of the other holodeck settings they did.
I'm glad you didn't brush off the Seven situation and chapter 13 had an air of regret and seriousness to it. Seven was hurt in the events, and Kathryn and Chakotay wouldn't be true to form if they didn't feel bad about what they'd done (powerless as they were). The closure in this final chapter was just as it ought to be.
I love character-driven stories where two people find their way to each other. I like that neither Kathryn nor Chakotay regrets not getting together sooner; they knew they couldn't have done anything about their attraction in the Delta quadrant and chose to look forward. Thank you for this lovely read!
imnotacommittee chapter 10 . 2/19/2013
Well, what can I say? This was exactly what I'd hoped it would be. Chakotay's hope that she'd show up and leaving her the perfect message in case she did. Nice tie in to your earlier chapters :-)
Kathryn's struggle in the previous chapter is something I can relate to: is she in love with Chakotay or just the idea of him? You painted him as such an ideal figure on board Voyager: that perfect mixture of strength and sensitivity. That he focused of that on putting Kathryn's needs first is enough to make any woman swoon. I like that Kathryn was powerless the two times she let her guard down. And the image of poor Chakotay staring at her with such fear that she'd break his heart (again!) was rather sad.
Anyway, I like that she goes from not know exactly what to do to just being drawn to him once again and then just staring at him as she remembers what it was that solidifies her feelings for him. He's devoted to her and allows her to be Kathryn first, Captain later. And then there is no more doubt. /sigh/
I like that your brought Chakotay's POV in at the end for a brief moment, because it's his journey too. The very thing he'd been praying for, Kathryn's admission, was finally happening and he could barely bring himself to hope. I like that you reversed their roles at the end: Kathryn unsure and Chakotay not worrying. They'll work it out.
imnotacommittee chapter 9 . 2/19/2013
Chapter 8 (too lazy to write two reviews) and this one were good set-up for what seems inevitable. Chakotay went to room 818 anyway, despite knowing Kathryn wasn't going to be there, and now Kathryn cannot help but go there herself.
I love stories that bring characters together despite their best efforts. Sometimes circumstances (aka plot) do that, but I love it when it's the characters *themselves* who are unconsciously doing it.
Chakotay and Seven's conversation about missing something in their relationship and their uncertainty about where to go from there is realistic and mature. I've always liked how you've handled their relationship dissolving. None of the characters need to be demonized.
I also like that you brought in the events of Nemesis. It makes this story feel more like canon, which is nice. Kathryn's heartbreak (again!) is raw and depressing. It's sad that she feels breaking any ties to Chakotay is the only way she can let him go. She acknowledges that their attraction is too strong for her not too. (Love the reference about the only two times they were completely alone together, they couldn't stop themselves.) I like that she's trying to do the right thing, even at the great personal cost. But Janeway's always been like that, sadly so. Putting what she thinks is right ahead of what she wants.
But I get the feeling that this is the turning point. At least I hope so!
imnotacommittee chapter 6 . 2/18/2013
I love the structure of this chapter. From Chakotay's stormy thoughts about his relationship with Seven to a storm literally blowing him to Janeway's door. The way you crafted Chakotay's unhappiness and regret when thinking about Seven to him indulging in the inner peace he finds just remembering his *friendship* with Kathryn was really well done. I like that you focused on how he loves Kathryn in any capacity she's willing to give herself to him. He does want more (and she sounds like she does too!), but more than that, he just wants to be with her. /aw/
imnotacommittee chapter 5 . 2/18/2013
I almost said "Uh-oh!" aloud when it was revealed that Seven *and Chakotay* were sitting across from Tom, Belanna, and Harry as the trio were letting the comments fly about Janeway's love life. Your dialogue with the characters is always spot on and funny. I can totally "hear" them teasing Kathryn about her height, etc.
Janeway and Chakotay having an affair? After her anger in the last chapter about "it" never happening, I didn't expect them to rekindle their one night. It's an interesting twist. Looking forward to finding out what happens!
imnotacommittee chapter 2 . 2/17/2013
This isn't am easy chapter to read because it's so gritty and real. Janeway's painful realization that she's lost Chakotay on top of losing her identity as The Captain would be too much for anyone to handle. I'm glad she's indulging in a good, healthy cry.
imnotacommittee chapter 3 . 2/17/2013
Love the background of Chakotay figuring out Ksthryn's security codes. It adds a level of charm to the beginnings of their friendship.
KJaneway115 chapter 14 . 11/14/2011
I really enjoyed this story. In fact, I couldn't put it down. I'd like to think that our favorite command team would never cheat on anyone, but the way you've portrayed it makes it believable. Your story is a compelling tale of a very realistic journey.
GLovesTrek chapter 14 . 5/7/2009
Hello, my favorite story yet. I should have read this years ago! Still might have liked C to dump 7 earlier (ha), but then I guess angst was part of the story. Thanks again for writing this. PS. I think I have a pix of AKJ & the "stylus." So now I can look at it & think that C gave it to her :). GS
Weezle13 chapter 14 . 7/23/2006
This is a great story. I really loved reading it.
Ayjah chapter 14 . 10/8/2005
Excellent story. Well written and full of emotional scenes :) Could not stop reading.
Mizvoy chapter 14 . 9/16/2005
Angelique-I respectfully disagree. You do know that a person has to be married in order to commit adultery, right?

Paula-I'm working on "Belle Colony." I'm determined to have it finished before I post another part (if that's a comfort). So stay tuned-I think you'll like it!
PaulaRway chapter 14 . 9/16/2005
I enjoyed this story first time round Mizvoy, but I've got to say that I enjoyed it much more told chronologically. Things made more sense to me this way (time shifting always gives me a headache :).

Thank you for putting the time into the re-org...

Now, can we talk about Belle Colony?
angelique chapter 14 . 9/14/2005
This story does a disservice to the characters of Voyager that I grew to care about. Portraying Janeway and Chakotay as adulterers is hardly flattering. Having them sneak around is demeaning to the way the characters were established in canon. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would find this "romantic". It makes a mockery of all involved.

And having a "happy" ending for your favorite pairing does not undo the damage you've done to the characters.