Reviews for The Power of Friendship
Blue chapter 14 . 10/16/2012
I know this review is 6 years late, but, meh.

Loved the plot. Out of the original trilogy, this was the best. Power of Love and Trust played out well, but this is the one I consider StD worthy. Power of Love reminded me of a "Romeo & Juliet" kinda story, with a whole does he love me or not question. Power of Trust is very supernatural, and almost doesn't fit as well as the other two, though that's just IMHO. They have their places, but I personally think Love was for introducing / showing early development (they're not in HS anymore!), Trust deepened that, but was ultimately not needed as much, and Friendship was the climax.

Obviously it's a trilogy, so it would have to be tweaked, but this story could be the script for a KP movie. No joke. Relates to the episodes, shows character development (although the previous ones are kinda needed for that), and captures my attention every time I read. Especially the final battle, with Kim and Ron finishing each other's sentences, could easily translate into Hollywood.

Drakken never really has an StD like plan after the movie; always confused me. If he could do it once, why not again? The way he controlls everything was genius; every detail has a purpose. In all my fanfic reading, I have seen only one other story created like that (Zorpox: Stratagem, exploring what Zorpox / Ron can really do). It was engaging and kept me guessing all the way to the end.

My only complaint is that Trust focuses on supernatural forces and feels like it tries too hard to be "bigger" and "epic". God-like abilities make your audience lose connection with the characters. A super powered shoot out is more comic book super hero style, whereas the tv series has a lack of superpowers (minus Shego, who never comes across as SUPERpowered; more like "enhanced martial arts", since that's where she applies her powers most).

Our Power Together (the new fourth one) seems like it is headed towards the "too grand" style of Trust; I feel like this story is where it should have ended. You wrapped up all the plot points, finished the characterization, and ended on a high note. There is really no where to go and no more conflicts to represent. However, seeing as Our Power Together is not completed yet, I will reserve judgement.

I loved the whole trilogy, but liked this one the best of all. This is deserving of all the high praise you've received. Keep writing!
Kryptocow chapter 13 . 10/25/2008
Wow. That was amazing. I have to admit, when I got to the part way back with Monique and Ron's 'date' I got so frustrated I almost wanted to just skip to the end. Also, I have no patience for fight scenes, and I usually skim those. But I am so glad I didn't this time.

“Kim and I have something that people like you can’t touch.”

Epic. Thanks for writing. :)
ErnestTheGuy chapter 14 . 10/19/2008
o that was good. i both love and hate how you always put new characters into the mix to mess with Kim and Ron's love life. i get really frustrated and pissed but also really glad the story is going to get another twist. all the characters were really well written. everything flowed really well and no plot holes. and i loved your disclaimers. funny as hell.
KPRS shipper chapter 14 . 7/1/2008
That's the best ending ever. *sigh* I get so choked up when I read it...Awesome story. Now on to Our Power Together!
RonHeartbreaker chapter 6 . 5/9/2008
What to say? Only that the Ron in your stories is so different from the Ron of the show that sometimes I hardly recognize him - but then there are moments, such as that at the very end of this chapter, while Monique is playing him and Kim, that his essential Ronness shines through. The series of "what?"s has its desired effect, in case you were wondering...

And of course...what did the ray do? And how has Drakken's plan gone awry as a result of Shego's firing it at Ron as well? Again, so glad I can just move on to the next chapter. But maybe tomorrow...
RonHeartbreaker chapter 5 . 5/9/2008
The Evidence Locker? Great concept, and I suppose it's not beyond a bunch of incompetents like GJ to establish such an asinine institution... though I thought better of Betty, really I did.

Great cliffie. Must've killed the folks who were reading this while you wrote it. Lucky me, I get to move right on to the next chapter.
RonHeartbreaker chapter 3 . 5/9/2008
Not unexpectedly, another great chapter in this saga. Terrific lines (“This is the only gofer job in history that pays in nations, simian,” is a standout) and splendid mix of well-choreographed action and humor (love the Monkey Fist- Killigan byplay). And a knockout twist at the end!
RonHeartbreaker chapter 1 . 5/7/2008
Circumstances intervened to preclude my turning to TPoF until now. And, having read chapter 1, all I can say is "zowie!" What an opening! Perfect mix of action and humor, and - just as you clearly intended - very visual, like the opening of a James Bond or a Mission Impossible. I even felt a little bad for Dementor by the end - all of his new toys ruined... Good stuff, CW9. Good stuff.
SolarinStudio chapter 14 . 7/8/2007
Exquisite!

I think that the kids have been through enough. I really like the ending of this installment, and my heart leaps to see Kim and Ron actually get together.

I am kind of bummed that Shego got shafted so badly (of all the KP villains, she strikes me as the most worthy of respect. Also, she is the only one with a glimmer of competence)

I am somewhat thrown off by Ron's simian transmogrification of his feet. I think that was a bit much, and I'm not sure how it fits in later. Maybe it's temporary?

Again, Great work!
Meca Vegeta chapter 14 . 4/14/2007
great ending to a greater story.. but...maybe an epilouge?...please!
SwordSlayer chapter 14 . 1/5/2007
Four words: I Absolutely Loved It! It's wonderful. I love your style and everything! Keep up the good work and I can't wait to read any more of your work.
SmkyRngr1986 chapter 14 . 9/28/2006
This has to be one of the best KP fic series I've ever read. I guess the only thing I still want out of it is a couple chapters insanely sweet, gooey fluff to make up for the hours of agonizing angst of the previous chapters. But, there are other stories for that. Keep up the good work!
SassMasterGeneral chapter 14 . 6/29/2006
Love all three of your Power storys but have one question for yah, does Kim know that Ron needs a Pedicure?
WWLAOS chapter 14 . 5/17/2006
I've been gone for a really long time now. Unfortunately, that means I've missed a lot. I've been gone so long, in fact, that I forgot just how much I missed the way your stories always leave me speachless. This is...wow. I...I don't really know what to say.

So...The Power Trilogy is over, huh? I'm sad to see it go, but I'm so grateful that I got the chance to experience it. These three stories have been some of the most enjoyable I have ever read. This final installment, The Power of Friendship, was the first thing I read upon my return to the community. It was a wonderful way to come home. I've been struggling for almost four days now to try and review this, but...everything I try to say seems inadiquate.

TPoF is an amazing piece of work. The chapters drip with so much emotion that at times I had to stop reading to compose myself. The imagery presented in every chapter is terrific; from mundane apartments, to beautiful outdoor landscapes, to surrealistic dreams. The action sequences are perfectly paced and engaging. The characters are presented as living, breathing constructs, not simply lifeless concepts. And not just the main characters either, the supporting ones as well. They have real motivations, they react believably under the circumstances presented them, they have fears, dreams, emotions, and personalities uniquely their own. The emotion feels real, the dialogue is superb, the inernal monologues both powerful and intensely in-character. The plot is both interesting and inventive. I frequently caught myself thinking, "Wow, I never saw that coming. That is awesome." It is rare for a story to keep my interest so completely. The plot twists were inspired. And, as always, I am a tremendous fan of your alliteration skills.

That's not to say the story was without flaw. On occasion you did get a bit too indepth in your description of detail. Also, once or twice the reading became bland and I found myself wanting to read each sentence quickky not so that I could get to the next sentence, but so that I could hurry up and finish that section entirely and move on. Overall, however, this piece of fiction was superb.

Thank you so much for writing this and allowing us the priveledge of reading it. It was well worth every second I put in to reading, pondering, and just all-out enjoying it.
TopKat chapter 14 . 4/2/2006
gah.

So beautiful. The references to Monique's talk with Ron before, the gorgeous, perfect ending, the amazing writing skills and the dialogue, the action, description...I could go on forever and ever...

It's you, not me, whom deserves a thankyou. I think this may just be the most amazing fanfiction I have ever read in all my 3 years scanning

I wish this were longer, but i really think you know by now just how much i enjoyed every word, the mini stories, the chapter fics, the amazing characterisation of every chapter and not a single break in quality.

I breathe a heartfelt sigh as i read this. The stuff of legends, of written lore and wonder.

This is just one of those things you could keep reading, as if your life depended on it.

*~RoseMage~*