Reviews for Salute!
Miriae chapter 9 . 5/24/2014
Stories with Humor/Angst for their Genre are a gem- and this story is a gem. I love how you made all of them interact. Yzak is always a pleasure to read, and his bickering with Athrun is just priceless. Thank you for writing this story :)

00-night-eyes-00 chapter 9 . 6/5/2012
love it can not wait for more
Anonymous chapter 9 . 2/8/2012
UPDATE -flails insanely- UPDATE NAO
Oh dang chapter 7 . 2/7/2012

The day Dearka opposes against Yzak would be the day that Athrun defects from ZAFT.

Dang, almost happens like that in SEED. If one hadn't watched SEED, then that sentence would definitely have the intended effect (aka: the 'normal' effect of "omg that's preposterous okay"), but daaaang.

/random review is random
ctrlaltdelrey chapter 9 . 9/10/2009
Amazing. My god you have to update as soon as possible!

Loved the Yzak shampoo model & momma's boy bits. And the Nicol girlyish thing.

wallywest chapter 7 . 2/20/2009
Nice ;]

update soon!

DreamyLane chapter 1 . 12/15/2008
This is great, the starting is cute
ladynightsky chapter 9 . 8/28/2008
Funny and well-written, even if it doesn't adhere strictly to canon-though that might have been due to the fact that it wasn't meant to be serious? I loved how you fleshed out Miguel and Rusty, who don't get enough screen time in GS.

Milbury chapter 9 . 8/6/2008
I'll start by saying I'm no huge fan of the Coordinators. Frankly, I think they're overhyped, and not nearly as innocent as the anime portrays them to be. With that said, this fic succeeded in making me like characters I feel distantly ambivalent at best towards. Rusty has the best portrayal, but every one of the ZAFT Reds has a distinctive personality and together their antics create a fic that makes for fun reading.

However, this work also has it's share of flaws. Most glaring, to me, is the character of Mikhail Ayman. I don't know if you're aware of it, but Miguel Ayman's brother is canonically confirmed as being a younger brother. Additionally, he is sickly to the point where Miguel's reason for joining ZAFT is to pay for his medical fees, so he couldn't possibly be a ZAFT soldier as well.

Almost as egregious as the Mikhail plot hole is the degree of relaxed behavior the ZAFTies enjoy. We mustn't forget they are in *military boot camp*. There's no way the ZAFTies would have as much liberty as you give them, not unless they managed to find somewhere far from the eyes of their superiors or unless ZAFT military discipline is virtually nonexistent. I'm not saying that your depiction of boot camp is completely fallacious, as later chapters insert more discipline, but on the whole, I expected ZAFT to have more rigidity in military discipline than you show them with.

The character of Henrik Fousche also falls completely flat for me. Granted, every story needs a villain, but Henrik is so one-dimensional he hardly qualifies. All he needs is a Snidely Whiplash mustache and he could be Dirk Dastardly. The fact that he's a Natural is the nail in the coffin - like most GSEED fans, you seem to assume that all Coordinators are automatically heroes, and all Earth Alliance members are card-carrying villains.

The whole plot of Athrun having to handle Henrik on his own as a test from his father has a few holes as well. Frankly, I cannot possibly see Patrick Zala doing this. Let me break that statement down: I *can* see Patrick Zala assigning his son to a ridiculously difficult, emotionally taxing top secret assignment just to test him. But I *can't* see Patrick Zala assigning his son, or rather, an untried ZAFT rookie, to handle a EA spy. As we see in the anime, Patrick is a man who favors brute-force solutions. If he had prior knowledge that a spy had infiltrated the ZAFT academy, he'd make a call and have that spy dragged out of bed in the middle of the night, shot in the back of the head, and buried in a shallow grave. He wouldn't waste time on subterfuge, and he certainly wouldn't give a damn about PR. If he cared what his own kinsmen thought of him, he'd have never had Siegel Clyne gunned down.

After all that criticism, I will soften the blow somewhat by saying that you're a good writer with a lot of potential. But this work is either an AU or egregiously non-canonical. And finally, be more open-minded. The Naturals aren't the mustachioed baddies you portray them as, as my upcoming work, Gundam SEED: Remnants, will make clear. Give your baddie a bit more depth, iron out the Mikhail plot hole (as a final aside there, why would a mom give one son any distinctly Spanish name and the other a distinctly Russian name?), and make boot camp a little harder on the ZAFTies, and this will be an excellent ficcie indeed.

I look forward to reading your future work. Feel free to respond to this review if you have any questions or comments.
RaNma11 chapter 9 . 5/16/2008
If only the producers would see/ read this, I'd bet they'd be more than happy to turn it into a real part of the series.
Melicress chapter 9 . 1/30/2008
Why didn't I find this sooner? This is freakin' AWESOME!

But you seem to be having a writer's block with this one, want some inspiration cookies? ;) *hands you plate of chocolate fudge inspiration cookies* You really are talented at plots. No plot holes that I can see, and the mix of themes is really fun! I LOVE IT :D

Please please please continue! This is too good an idea to give up! :) It's just so good!

Nee Hee Hee!
passer-by chapter 9 . 8/12/2007
ok.. my review is probably pretty late, considering that you haven't updated in a while.. BUT I came across this fanfic and all I can say that it is the funniest thing I've ever real! It seriously had me roaring with laughter! You have a knack for irony and the interaction between the boys are super funny! Though, so sad! The latest chapters have been so serious! OH MAN! WHY ON EARTH DID YOU HAVE TO GIVE A CLIFF HANGER! ARGH! It's so sad that Mikhail! oh dear...
strikelight angel chapter 9 . 7/23/2007
Wow, this is really one of the greatest GS story i've ever read. Though it had been some time, i hope you're not giving up on it
Belldandy chapter 8 . 6/3/2007
Feral Phoenix chapter 1 . 5/26/2007
I will now have to prevent myself from calling him Yzak 'where's-my-mommy' Joule. D *giggle* This is awesome. I must read more. _

*wondering if Rau-sama is going to be involved in this, and if he'll be treated nicely...*