Reviews for Shadow Boxing
fairydustandcansofspam chapter 8 . 10/17/2007
Was the "boiled student," a metaphor or was it really what he ate? Kinda threw me there lol. The Slytherin dinner's conversations and verbal... almost sparring, was also interesting. I, too, am wondering why Draco wants so much for Merle to come. The picture paranoia is amusing... as was Ginny's enthusiasm at making the lights flash.

Anyway, I love it, so... PUS (Please Update Soon)! Bye bye!
FireChildSlytherin5 chapter 8 . 4/29/2007
Great story so far. A good plot of the story. update!
LazLong chapter 8 . 3/7/2006
Intriguing. Are there more to come?
Deb-lil chapter 8 . 12/4/2005
Wow. Another chapter. How long has this been here? A few weeks? I really should start using that author alert feature...Nah.

Review time...

Excellent chapter. I love the chapters strictly from Merlin's point of view because he's so damn articulate. He sees everything, understands everything, and reads into simple things that the rest of us would normally overlook. He has the slytherins all worked out. I especially liked the read on Nott. Even though he's the 'outsider', he still looks to Malfoy to make sure he's under the radar. And Malfoy himself-little git. He's got everything and everyone wrapped around his finger just like his old man...or so it seems.

What does his mommy want with Merlin? Is she going to take out her rage on the defense teacher. (Gasps!) Are you going to kill off Merlin! Sigh...I know he's shifty and everything (and I still don't trust him), but he's starting to grow on me. But seriously, are you going to off Merlin?

...Put down the chainsaw, Bagge...

The chat with dumbledore was well-done too. I get the feeling the Head doesn't trust Merlin completly. Is it because he's a demon? Or because he's shady? Or an entirely different reason you haven't shared with us yet?...Or am I looking too far into this.

Okay. Luna Loony Lovegood. Excellent as always. It was perfect that remembered Mr. Filch's banning list. That's fitting. It's like a twisted version of Hermione, except Luna doesn't care about enforcing the rules like Hermione would. I love luna in this fic. She hasn't seen any students out of bed!

Please update soon. I like this here ficcy.

And has my friend Daydrae reviewed you yet? No? Fear not...I will hunt her down in school tomorrow. (Can I borrow the chainsaw?)

Dead-Luthien chapter 7 . 11/16/2005
wow, i love the story although it's a bit confusing for me. I don't really understand this chaos, shadow earth things but I hope to understand them in the end. please update soon.
Dead-Luthien chapter 4 . 11/16/2005
I loved the ending with everybody running off. it was brilliant. Until now, I heven't heard about The book of Amber, and as far as I know, in my country it hasn't been published. to bad, it sounds interesting.
Dead-Luthien chapter 3 . 11/16/2005
ha,ha so Merlin is a deamon. I like how you left Luna speechless. I must say that I too was surprised about the spider. Oh, and is it legal for a teacher and student to go together to a pub? When they are more studens there isn't any problem but with just one there could be some complications. Like people coming to a wrong conclusion. I think you understood what I mean.
Dead-Luthien chapter 2 . 11/16/2005
Hm. Really interesting until now. I like it so far. There's one thing: I doubt Hagrid would eve call the cantaurs mules. he has to much respect for them. I'll now be off for the next chapters.
Deb-lil chapter 7 . 11/12/2005
I was just about to send you a very angry review telling you to update 'Shadow Boxing', until I realized I had..heh, heh...not noticed you'd updated already. *Deb-lil slinks into corner looking ashamed*

So here we go, review time...wait, I have to read the story first.

...

...

Wow, that Muggle Studies class sounds awesome. I always pictured it as aboring book-work and thoery class. Ol' deamon-boy makes it very hands-on and fun. I like how the members of the class are different ages, of different houses, and eager to learn. You had Abbott, Turpin, and...Creevey!

Playin' with electricity, is he? That's more dangerous than attempting to Crucio somebody. (Is Crucio a verb? Eh, I'll make it one.) And Creevey is Muggle born, so he should have known better. Ah well.

The trumph thing...was that from "His Dark Material"? Eh, Flora seemed pretty cool; she thinks the boarding school children might throw beer at each other? Ha! That'd be a little gross...and sticky. Anyways, she seems a bit shifty as well as she doesn't trust Dumbledore completely.

An all around good chapter, like usual. Can't wait to read the next one.

And don't get me wrong, I LOVE America. And, I LOVE New York. I was trying to do it from a British wizard's perspective. You know how Ron lives in the country with his family? I was trying to picture his reactions when he saw a huge place that wasn't totally...er...spotless. However, the city that chapter took place in was Trenton. That's in New Jersey, a state south of New York. That, my friend, is a foul city. New York City is a LOT cleaner. If you ever have the displeasure of going to Trenton...well, I'm sorry, and I hope you don't get jumped or mugged. Well, in all fairness, you can get a swift mugging in New York, but hey, New York is MY state, and I will not trash-talk it!

In the next chapter of my story, I will answer all the awesome stuff you wrote in your review. I loved it! But before I go, I'm sorry about the Floo promblems in Magiverket-whatsit. When I'm sixteen, I will Apparate to Sweden in order to thank you. Ha! Watch me mess up, and Apparate to Helsinki! Ah well, I bet they have Cruple-Horned Snorkaks there too. Well, you're the Snorkak expert, living in Sweden. What do you think? Could I find one in Finland?...Nah, Norway! Yeah, norways's bound to have a Snorkak! Hmm, I'm pretty sure my mother's cousin's husband's grandfather's brother's daughter's boyfriend is Norwegian. I'll pay him a visit, shall I?

Please update soon!

Deb-lil chapter 6 . 10/30/2005
Awesome chapter MR (not miss) BAGGE. I appologize for that. When I was writing, I just took a guess. See, once I called a girl a guy, and I got an angry email from her saying, "I'm a woman!" So needless to say, I'm a little wary about assuming people are guys. In this case, I was backwards, and you took it A LOT better then she did. (Thanks for not yelling at me.)

Now, onto the review:

Luna was perfect. "What a wonderfully imaginative idea, Merle. How ARE you plotting against Dumbledore?" Ahahaha.

I love how Luna follows Merlin around, and she's not fazed in the slightest about the news that he's a deamon. That's Luna for you. Now I wonder if she has a bit of a crush on Merlin...

Snape was just as cold as ever. I think you write his part well. "...Some bad excuses for essays to mark" I don't think I should have, but I laughed.

The last line was written well. It keeps you wanting to read more, so now I must tell you...WRITE MORE!

Let's see...what else did I want to say...Oh yeah, the Rotfang Conspiracy. Nice touch.

Bye!

~Deb-lil

P.S I think i saw a typo in the story. When Merlin is thinking about Julia, he says 'fidgit' of my imagination. Did you mean 'figment'? I don't know. If you did, (don't hate me for saying it) but that's REALLY cute!
Florin chapter 6 . 10/29/2005
Great crossover idea (I am a huge Zelazny fan) and great story by itself. Merlin shakes Hogwarts community up quite a bit, and I'm sure he's just getting started. Your Luna seems just a little too "normal", but she still has some brilliant moments ("you are clearly not in disguise") and her interactions with Merlin are my favorite episodes. I also liked Merlin-as-a-teacher episodes. Maybe a little too pompous for chaosite, but still quite in-character. And, of course, Zelazny-style humor: "Sam was in the background, doing whatever café-owners do in the background" :-)
nljfs chapter 6 . 10/27/2005
Hey there!

I was thrilled to realize that this was an Amber crossover... I've been a fan for more years than I want to remember... (over 30... hard to believe that the books were published so long ago). I've only seen one other Amber crossover & this is definately more interesting - especially since it is based on Merle, not on Harry (at least not yet ... I don't know what you have planned).

I'm glad I found this story & thanks for writing it. Also, I love that you are using Luna in the story, she's just the type to see through everything, and accept it, even when her questions go unanswered.

nancy in chicago
Deb-lil chapter 5 . 10/17/2005
Oh, very cool.

I cannot believe I forgot to put you on my fav. authors list. Have no fear, I have seen to that.

I like how this chapter was in Merlin's perspective. That thing he said about using a portrait as a means of spying made me nervous about him again! AHH! I did, however, like the little backstory on Merlin. Now I know where 'Shadow Boxing' comes from...sort of. I can't wait for the next chapter!

~Deb-lil still.

P.S I noticed in the other chapters that you spell werewolf 'warewolf'. I don't really know which is correct, maybe they both are. I just thought I'd mention it. (shrug)
Deb-lil chapter 4 . 10/17/2005
Holy cow! When Merlin asks the kids to raise their hands if they think he's a demon, I put my hand up also. Everyone in my house asks, "Deb, what are you doing? Are you crazy?" Ah well.

This was my favorite chapter so far. I thought the way the deamons alter colors of things was really interesting. You're really creative, and you have a great imagination!

I LOVE this story. Favorite list!

Queen of the Badgers chapter 5 . 10/16/2005
Wow, I was right. He IS a demon.

(smug smile)