Reviews for Shadows Under the Oak Tree
Forgot Password chapter 38 . 7/11
I didn't think I would read your story this fast. Last time, it took me a week. I guess that age has something to do with it, but I was up until 3 last night and I did need something to do-
Anyway, I adore this story. I do think that it is one of the best I have ever read. If given a choice between Conrad's Heart of Darkness and this? I might choose this. And I loved Heart of Darkness. That's how insightful and enjoyable and wonderful your writing is.
The humanity you put into these characters is nothing less then astounding.
Forgot Password chapter 21 . 7/10
He never thought of himself as lonely, but she was "enriching" (was that the word? It takes so long to load on mobile ). I heard a very similar thing from a good friend once. ...thank you. Once again, this chapter has been magnificent, and I have no complaints whatsoever.
Forgot Password chapter 14 . 7/10
The amount of work and amount of detail you put into this story is simply amazing. You must have spent quite a time researching and thinking and planning. Hell, even your puns are interesting!
Forgot Password chapter 8 . 7/10
My oh my, I forgot just how lifelike you make the characters. You write so well from Canas' perspective, but also superbly in Lily's. If this were a book, then I do think it would become a classic quite quickly. Er, I mean that in a good way of course.
Forgot Password chapter 3 . 7/9
Your writing is magnificent, as magnificent as I remember it being. Or even more so than that. And since I have the knowledge and age to understand it better, I find myself enjoying this piece very very much. Maybe even more than the first time I read it. So thank you.

Also, I couldn't help but draw parallels between Canas and Lily and some people in my life. Or a couple of people, me being one of them. ...The fact that I can relate to someone so scatterbrained is telling though.
Forgot password chapter 1 . 7/9
...the last time I read this story, I was thirteen and did not know how to spell violin. That was a long time ago.
I hope you're still around though, friend. I'm going to reread this over the next few days- I remember this as being an exquisitely crafted work of art, and now that I'm older, I know I'll be able to appreciate it even more.
And I'll probably make a new account and favorite and all of that. And give serious reviews.
And now I am rambling.
Aspiring Misanthropist chapter 30 . 6/8
Is Lizard meant to be a comment on how Legault's Japanese name means Lizard when romanized and then translated into spanish?
EricLightscythe chapter 37 . 3/29
Absolutely loved this story. It's nice to read a slow paced story once in a while. And you've pulled off the love angle very well, without the unneeded smoochy smoochums most authors tend to overdo. Although the ending was kind of sad :/ Thanks for the good read!
Well. This isn't favorited. Oops. Should have done that like two years ago, it being my favorite Fire Emblem story and what not.
Someone chapter 30 . 2/18
Good story, do you write others like this one ?

P.S ( don't answer if you can't ): (es)étais-tu un étudiant en littérature française ?
Enigma infinite chapter 38 . 5/20/2014
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 38 . 5/17/2014
I... I only started to read this recently, but... it's great. Hugh returns, Nino and Jaffar return with Canas... I don't think that love should be a whirlwind. It should be steady.
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 5 . 4/30/2014
So... Canas never cast magic before? It makes sense. It doesn't seem like it's easy to practice, and if he used it on people who hate Dark magic, it'll just prove their point. I guess he never encountered bandits before, though. Why can't you reply to reviews?
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 4 . 4/30/2014
Wow... Dark magic is that powerful, eh? But it has a huge cost.
Zantetsuken Reverse chapter 2 . 4/30/2014
It seems like spell memorization isn't as easy as it implies... Actors can memorize extremely long monologues, but I guess magic isn't the same.