Reviews for Beauty is in the Eye
mirto.pliakostamou chapter 26 . 6/13
Perfect, perfect, perfect! I loved it! Their relationship is so exciting! Please continue!
YoungNunyo chapter 26 . 5/8
Love this work! Christine and erik both feel like real people, and raoul is such a solid and sweet person that i genuinely cant decide who christine will end up with!

I cant wait for the next update!

If i could give some critiques; you dint really describe scenery much at all. With the notable exception of chritines apartment, and eriks fine old creepy house, many of your wonderful scenes and very human dialogue just happens in empty space... You can summarize a space in three sentences or less and perfectly communicate the feel of a place, doesnt have to be a tolkienesque paragraph haha. Even just how the place feels, or the era, or basic colorscheme is enough.

The other critique is that this hasnt updated, which is a crime.

Much love
Nunyo
natalie chapter 26 . 2/18
Ahhhhhh what a cliffhanger!
I can't believe that this just ended.
Please please please update the story it was so great I really loved it but now I'm so lost..
Please please please finish this amazing story.
Best wishes,
Natalie
Phantome chapter 26 . 8/2/2015
I really do like this. Im looking forward to your continuation.
FlamesAblaze chapter 26 . 4/26/2015
You absolutely have to continue writing this story!
Daliah Valley chapter 26 . 3/28/2015
OKay listen you friggin amazing author. I didn't stay up until 2 am reading this friggin amazing story to find that there are no more chapters left. I demand that you update this! Soon! Now! Please! My hand is numb from leaning in it as I read. My heart still races from the whirlwind of emotion is this. You're writing is flawless and you have such a beautiful way with words that it astonishes me. I love that the relationship between Carlotta and Christine isn't the usual 'lets-slit-each-other's-throats' type of dynamic they usually have. And I'm going to be one-hundred percent honest, Raoul is a great guy and in the musical, I understand why she chose him. But if Christine doesn't kiss Erik soon I might scream. Cross the boundary, woman! Who cares about professional/casual relationships with patients? Who cares if you lose your medical license?

Okay, yeah, that's a little harsh. She can't just blow everything on a hot psycho in a mask. (Or can she?) But honestly, this tension is killing me. They just need to kiss. I'm not asking for smut- I would really prefer a lack thereof- but I am dying for the moment when one kisses the other or something along those lines. Hopefully it's coming soon? I haven't peed in hours so I could read this. Don't let me down!
Shelassa chapter 3 . 3/18/2015
It is intriguing how the chapter starts with Erik being in full control of situation. Sitting in Christine's chair only seems to point out his position of dominance further, as he starts his mental game with Christine, and while I cannot possibly say she has won over Mr. Suave here, she has held her own without too much embarassment, which is quite possible for a first meeting :D

Also quite interesting to notice how Christine tries sliding back into her routine after the blows Erik deals and not being quite able to and blaming Carlotte for that :)
Shelassa chapter 2 . 3/18/2015
I have to admit to being rather envious of Christine's feelings on Monday, and possibly the rest of the working week, while, of course, still feeling pretty sad for her wish to run away from free time... You can channel it my way anytime, girl!
Good on Rebecca to not take sides, a manager won't want two doctors make a catfight in the middle of a hospital, even if some patients would approve :)
Christine's worry over having Erik as her patient and whether or not she is suited to treat him seems very in-character - not only from perspective of a young doctor, but also a woman working in routine adding in something new, which has a potential to last a long time.
Shelassa chapter 1 . 3/18/2015
Despite me being new to the story, I decided to drop reviews starting with Ch. 1. English is not my first language and I totally expect it not being easy to read through my mess of thoughts, but I ask you to bear with me :D

I am rather fond of modern AU stories, but this one striked me immediately with Christine's portrait. Rolling into a ball of tightly controlled emotions, actions and worked out routine and closing off from everyone seems like a normal reaction of a current-day young woman who has seen loss and might not be ready to deal with it or\and is not close with the rest of her family anymore.

Christine having a checklist of things to look for in a man also seems like an intriguing idea, one which might later come up in her choosing between Raoul and Erik, because one thing Erik for sure represents is a leap of faith, especially when he is going to bring her world of artificial content she calls "happiness" down, which leads me to the next chapter :)
Guest chapter 24 . 3/17/2015
Really enjoying the story. Just read all of it in one afternoon. Sad to see that it gets updated so infrequently though!

Noticed just a few inconsistencies. A couple examples: Erik was mentioned as being born in the states, and then later it was stated that he was born abroad. At first he was forty-two, but he just said that he's thirty-nine. Nothing major, just a few slight errors that made it confusing for a bit.

Again, really, really enjoying it. Hope you update soon!
seraph12 chapter 26 . 3/17/2015
Just call him girl! You know you want to.
kidneyofcapaldi chapter 26 . 3/17/2015
tantalizingly awesome, as usual. LOVE IT
Guest chapter 26 . 3/17/2015
I'm so glad you updated! It's so interesting to watch their relationship develop.

You have a typo: "baited" breath should be "bated" breath. :)

Looking forward to the next update!
Erik'sTrueAngel chapter 26 . 3/17/2015
Oh just call him Christine! :) Update soon please!
Tsuray chapter 26 . 3/17/2015
Arrrrgh, just decide to go with Erik already Christine!

I really hope Raoul just takes a flying leap, because Christine and Erik are one of my OTPs.