Reviews for Battle Royale, American Version, Season 23
Guest chapter 17 . 3/28/2014
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I love Mitchell hahaha
JareyPoppins chapter 2 . 3/16/2014
Okay Im sure you are already away from this story and moving on BUT DAMN you are Great I like this chapter a lot :3
wolong chapter 1 . 2/28/2014
"Hey kids, suprise, you have been chosen for the Program" - Some cry some not. HOW COULD THAT HAPPEN

Honestly, either everyone knows about the program, then they are just plain stupid to go to a school field trip at all, or they don't know about it, what rises more questions how to explain the killing of 50 kids each year. Yes in the books everyone knew about the program, at least it was official law. They just hoped they'd never been chosen. Suprise, you ARE chosen!

This is just stupid and bothered me from the first time I head about that story at all. It's just too much fucked up, even in the most oppressing, evil dictatorship.

I wish there was some more creativity to that.
TheEasyBreezyOne chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
awesome :)
bronc chapter 25 . 5/3/2013
Genevieve deserved to win! I'm no longer rooting for Ariana!
But amazing chapter!
JonnyGC chapter 7 . 1/2/2013
So I was reading and realized I haven't reviewed yet, so here goes, i'm loving it!, I currently don't have a fave but a few do stick out to me i'm just tripping on what's going to happen next...good fic.
Close to the Edge chapter 66 . 10/11/2012
This is one of my favorite fan fictions not just for Battle Royale, but on this whole site. I read this years ago and now that I'm writing my own I keep coming back to old stories to inspire me, and I definitely owe some of my inspiration to this story. I still think Ariana and Leslie are two of the best characters in any piece of Battle Royale fiction, including the original. I'm favoriting this.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2012
I loved this story, I was so happy when Kara and bruce finally met up, I also really wanted 1 of them to win

1 thing I realized and still think I'm the only one to realize is that the man that Jeff gave the card to was isaacs dad, the same one that Isaac tore up. At first I didn't get it but then I thought about the part where it said h used to have a son
Ollie chapter 66 . 6/15/2012
This... This was incredible. I read through every chapter and it was so realistic, so twisted. It kinda did scare me, but really, a great fic! Good job!
cRaZyKiD chapter 66 . 8/9/2011
1)Which character(s) did you like the most and why?

I liked Bruce the most actually. He was a great character, and you wrote him well.

Marty. F*** Him and his Creepy Rape Fetish

3)Which character(s) do you feel could have used more development?

Connor. I had high hopes that he would become like a super badass or somthing, but I still enjoyed him, he was a nice kid.

Leslie's Ass Kicking Martial Arts

5)Which death scene(s) was your favorite and why?

Arianna's. BOOM HEADSHOT nuff said.

6)Which death scene(s) did you like the least and why?

Lauren, and Larry's. Friggin Jeff.

7)Were there any inconsistencies that you noticed in the making of this fanfic?

Well not really I loved this fanfic, and I think this is one of my top 5 favorite fanfics of all time, I'll have to re-read it again if I'm going to make up such a conclusion.

8)What did you think about the speed of the story – did things happen too quickly or too slowly?

PERFECT

9)What was the most predictable turn of events?

The bad guy Smith getting killed at the end. As soon as the story ended I said "Okay Leslie kill him too please" and sure enough his balls got exploded.

10)What caught you by surprise?

Jeff being as demented as he was. I think he needs to go on Vacation.

LarenXLarry

12)Which character do you most resemble?

I think Kara, aside from the fact that I'm a dude and she's a chick, I noticed she has a pretty nice life like I do.

Matt vs Beth. Then they become a couple lol

Connor

15)If you could rewrite the story, who would you have made won?

Leslie: You were right her winning just seems right.

Great Story man Congrats on finishing, and good luck writing. You arre very talented and I hope you pursue writing further along in life.
FactualLife chapter 66 . 6/22/2010
my favourite character was Ariana, she reminds of a mix of Kazuo and Mitsuko.

My least favourite was Gloria, I don't know why but I couldn't wait for her to be killed off.
Scarey Ivysaur chapter 66 . 7/7/2009
1)Which character(s) did you like the most and why?

Eh. Gloria, Connor & Jeff, I suppose. I'm not sure why, but I found Gloria's background information very interesting in a way. I just liked Connor's personality, after a while, and how he came to know Leslie very well and helped her ... develop, I guess. ... And Jeff. Well, every time you told a little more of his story, I was never bored, I actually devoured every word of it. I wanted to know why he played so hard to win and where all his pain came from. And I was not disappointed in that. Oh! And I really liked Sid. I mean, you have Paul thinking he's completely brainless. Then, you start a little story with him and Janelle, and I wonder if I'll be excited to find there is actually some depth to him, or if I'll be disappointed to find he really is stupid. And you know which is true. Then, his strategy AFTER he's pretty much crippled is really cool and really brilliant and something I could not have come up with.

Matt was also hilarious and very fun to read, and I also found Amy's ONE scene very interesting.

2)Which character(s) did you like the least and why?

Marty.. Hee was.. bad. The worst part was after he was already dead and then you find out about him and Beth. So wrong. Haha, and Paul. I liked him at first, honestly. Then, once he actually went crazy, I was done with him. :D.

3)Which character(s) do you feel could have used more development?

Kara, Isaac, and maybe Nathan. I mean, Bruce and Jeff are so developed, and then you have Kara, and Bruce supposedly loves her, but we have no idea why and it just doesn't seem right, I would say. Isaac appears to be one of the main characters, and somehow he felt underdeveloped to me, especially compared next to Gloria, and I could never really care for him. Or maybe I'm confused and I just never liked him. With Nathan, Minh got so much development, and Nathan didn't. And I don't know. I know the two stories would have been really similar and it would have been boring, but I'm just trying to help. shrug.

4)What weapon did you like the most?

Haha. Well, I think the bulletproof vest, the neck collar detector and the contestant files are really cool elements to have here. And of course the grenades. Honestly, I have to say my favorite is the fork. It's never Battle Royale without the fork! Heh, and I love that a rose was actually an assigned weapon. I like how the bike chain made its return. And then I have this big thing with the hammer - tell you later.

5)Which death scene(s) was your favorite and why?

At first, nothing popped out, but I thought about it for a while. First, I have to say Carlos. I was practically screaming at him not to pull the trigger! Then, he stumbles out of the house, burning. What is it with my favorite characters burning? Happened in the last movie I saw... Carlos holds out the necklace, which I found was a cool part of the story. Especially that he got it back from Luna. Plus, he finally gets taken down by Kim. And I didn't understand that, considering he was already going to die, and it almost made me hate Kim but definitely didn't. Next, Samantha! First, I was really surprised that Jeff went back down. This whole thing was great, and scary, just like a scary movie. I'm geeking out over it. Joshua disappears from where Sam had been able to see him. And the whole trap Jeff made also struck me as completely brilliant. And then she was thrown off the building and fell. Another thing that, ehh, I just don't like, freaks me out, but that made it better! And there were others, like Kim and Gloria's. Oh, and Peter's! And can't forget Sophie. I thought this was hilarious: "There’s a lesson to be learned from Sophie everyone – if you play with ether and fire, you’re going to get burned to a crisp, and then shot with an arrow." OH! And I loved how the chase between Minh and Ariana took her back to the scene of her first kill and she did use the bike chain. And her trap. No joke, it was brilliant and I loved it.

6)Which death scene(s) did you like the least and why?

Donna's, Corey's, Mitchell's, etc. I'm just really tired of people getting stabbed/cut/whatever in the neck or throat. It gets repetitive, especially after you've seen Sweeney Todd. Oh, and I really got angry at Vince's glasses being confiscated, but that scene was good anyway.. Oh! Kara's! Throughout the WHOLE THING, I'm waiting for Bruce and Kara to meet. I mean, I KNEW Jeff was coming and thatKara was going to die, unless by some miracle Bruce got through to Jeff and the three grouped together, which would have been interesting considering they would have been three and there would only have been two others. I knew that wouldn't happen, though. I just wanted Bruce and Kara to have their moment; it's what I wanted the whole time. And the scene was actually written very well, kind of subtle, especially with the imagery. I could have loved it. And I know, it might have been shocking. But I felt much more

disappointment than shock. And. Bruce's. Sorry. The scene was intense, it was pretty cool. But how he finally met his end, I didn't really like. ;P. Especially because I was focused on him being killed with the hammer! How cool would it have been if the weapon of the first victim, Donna, the hammer, took out the final contestant?

Skip 7. Can't think of anything. If I do when I read this again, I'll let you know.

Ahh. No. Things almost seemed rushed towards the end, but the speed was good otherwise. I liked it.

9)What was the most predictable turn of events?

That Corey would die, haha! But I won't say that counts. ... That Nathan's love was a boy. T.T. I had predicted it so early, I wasn't surprised at all. That Ariana would "lose her mind." Haha, I like that.

10)What caught you by surprise?

Jeff's trap for Samantha. That Terri tried to kill herself with gas, and then that Carlos would walk in and blow it up. That Bruce didn't kill himself and decided to play; that was really good! And definitely Sid's brilliant plan. And having Bruce ran right in front of Kara's eyes. Didn't expect that.. It was tragic. The bike chain's reappearance.

11)Who was your favorite couple?

Connor and Leslie, hands down and no question. Really got to me, and I actually found myself inspired by some of their interaction, especially Connor's to Leslie. Larry and Lauren was cute, though the "Gin" thing kinda failed me. \. Sorry. But my second choice is Gloria and Isaac. So good, and I always wondered what would have happened if they were the last.

Ahh. Jeff.

13)Which characters would you have liked to see fight?

Haha. Basically, Matt and anyone else. He was too funny. Maybe Beth and Minh. Cassie and Sophie maybe. :D. Grenades vs. Crossbow equals Fun. No, just thought of it.

14)What name was your favorite?

I always thought Jeff was a pretty plain name, so that you chose that for the name of your "main antagonist" was very interesting, and I came to really like the name. But I love the name Naomi. And I like Luna, Gloria, MINH, Genevive, and Bruce (that name always makes me think of penguins; don't ask. Then, you just had really different ones, like Janelle.

15)If you could rewrite the story, who would you have made won?

Alright. Well, I wanted Carlos to win. The whole time.

Next, I kinda wanted Gloria to win. Then maybe Ariana. Matt, maybe.. Almost wanted Lauren to win, but I could never have seen that happening. Paul getting to keep his life, though? At that cost, I think not.

Anyway, I'm not going to debate that any other SHOULD have been the winner. Your ending was very good. And Leslie made a great winner.
patricky2k chapter 2 . 3/23/2009
1)Which character(s) did you like the most and why?

Lauren and Bruce. I liked Bruce's attempt to save his friends and Lauren just struck me as a cool character.

2)Which character(s) did you like the least and why?

Ariana, because it seemed like she got away with things too easily. Like how she avoided getting blasted by Minh's shotgun for the entire chase scene.

3)Which character(s) do you feel could have used more development?

I would of liked developement on Connor. He should have got a little more screen time in my opinion.

4)What weapon did you like the most?

My favorite weapon was Leslie's fists of fury!

5)Which death scene(s) was your favorite and why?

My favorite death scene was Connor's plea to God.

6)Which death scene(s) did you like the least and why?

Lauren's, because she died for nothing. *whimper*

7)Were there any inconsistencies that you noticed in the making of this fanfic?

Well, Vince's glasses were taken away in the program, but Bonnie's weren't. So, that kind of confused me that Vince didn't get his glasses.

I think some things went to slow and others to fast. I'm picky. :)

9)What was the most predictable turn of events?

I thought that about a paragraph before someone's death, I could easily see it coming.

10)What caught you by surprise?

Bruce dying. I really though you were setting him up as the winner.

Lauren Larry.

12)Which character do you most resemble?

Vince, because if I was in the program, I would probably get screwed over like that and go get my head blown up.

13)Which characters would you have liked to see fight?

Matt without nailgun vs Vince. BEST FIGHT EVER!

Shaina and Ariana.

15)If you could rewrite the story, who would you have made won?

If I could rewrite the story, I probably wouldn't because that would just ruin your idea. Sure, I would of preferred Carlos from the first chapter to win or Bruce because you seemed to focus on him more in the beginning and then seemed to throw Leslie in at the end to be the protagonist. BUt I would have made Brue and Leslie spend the third day figuring out how to escape, and then fight Mr. Smith to the death with triple-bladed chainsaws.