Reviews for Web of Treason
Stoneage Woman chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Aragorn's humanity came out in this chapter. The fact that he could not be objective when sentencing Devorin, was very relieving, because Aragorn's beehaviour would otherwise have been too good to be true. I'm also happy that Arwen talked sense into Aragorn. She made some very excellent points.

However, I think Aragorn needs to come to his senses soon. He forgave Fontos, who had been torturing him for far longer than Faramir. It would only be just to forgive Faramir as well, especially as Faramir was in the wrong to begin with.

His idea about the Council seems a little dangerous. I can see it's going to cause some problems in the future, especially the bit about the women.

I liked this chapter, it was well-written, and all the more welcome because it was a long time coming. Doo please udpate as soon as you can!
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
Yay! Update!

Oh, thank goodness that Arwen talked Aragorn out of giving Dervorin a traitor's death. That sounded horribly brutal, even though I know that is how judgement was passed in older days. And it was very noble of him to give mercy to Fontos, and to reward Damrod so much. Hurrah!

wOoT!
MusicDreamer7 chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
Sorry it has been a few chapters since I reviewed, but my internet service provider had some technical difficulties. I'm waiting to see how you wrap this story up, and where you will leave us off for the sequel. I've greatly enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next one. I must say that when I read Aragorn's punishment for Devorin I paled myself at the thought. It is a shame that Aragorn had been put through so much, and it has certainly cost him some of his usual steady headedness. Thank goodness Arwen is there to offer support through this most difficult of times. Take care mellon nin.
Raksha The Demon chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
A gripping chapter. We sometimes forget that as noble, kind and generous as Aragorn is, he has the power of life and death over his subjects, and sometimes he has to use it. Nor can traitors be allowed to escape unpunished.

Fontos was very lucky.

I vote for Aragorn's giving either Lebennin or Ringlo Vale to Elbeth, whichever is closer to Ithilien, or richer. And he can give the other domain to Damrod (or Bereth), unless Aragorn wants to hold it for his own descendants.
windstar chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
oh god...please let him get off free...
Alatariel5079 chapter 62 . 6/12/2006
ijust dont understand how aragorn can be angry with faramir. he after all caused faramir so much pain in burden of guilt, and did so by accident and faramir forgave him without trouble! i am loving the story! update soon
Elentariel chapter 62 . 6/12/2006
Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date with reviews but I really like how you haven't chosen the miracle healing of Aragorn. It's much more realistic.
lucidity chapter 62 . 6/10/2006
Oh hey! It's back up again-at least for me!

Loved this chapter. Now I have to think about what I had been going to say...

I do hope that Aragorn doesn't go easy on that brigand. He'll only cause trouble if he is allowed to live.

Faramir, on the other hand, should be shown leniency-I know you haven't gotten there yet, but I do feel the need to make my position known.

Update when you can!
BlueEyedElf chapter 62 . 6/9/2006
I don't know about you, but I have strong urge to smack Lord Dervorin. Hopefully justice will be done. He deserves to pay for his crimes, as do the rest of the traitors.

I am looking forward to finding out what will happen to Faramir as well.
Zuzka chapter 62 . 6/8/2006
Definitely the sharp one. Giving Dervorin quick death would be merciful enough. For Fontos Sword of Mercy (I still see him as a traitor, but he is not such a bastard as Dervorin).

What about traitor's families? In our middle-age they probably would be banished from Gondor, if not executed, but I hope Aragorn will be magnanimous...

And I really fear for Faramir, the people of Gondor are really angry... (BTW, I would sort of expected Faramir to commit suicide, but of course I'm glad he didn't.)

And I really want to know what happened to Anborn and his men:-)
JuliaAurelia chapter 62 . 6/8/2006
Great chapter! Loved the beginning, with Aragorn coming into the Hall of King arrayed in the full majesty of the King of Gondor and Arnor.

I felt bad for Fontos, who I thought acquitted himself honourably. I hope he gets the dull sword.

Exact opposite for Dervorin. I feel like I could take the Sword of Justice and lop off his lying snake's head myself, especially after what he said about Aragonrn's lineage and Arwen being a witch!

Good to hear Elbeth's status confirmed officially. She is to become a royal ward and a lady of rank-very fitting for one who helped to save the King's life.

Ah, Malvegil. At last we get the poor man's name. And where is our Anborn, and his men? The mystery deepens.

Not looking too good for Fara, especially after how the crowd reacted when they found out he branded Aragorn. Looking forward to the next chapter and the sentencing.
xiaoweisan chapter 62 . 6/8/2006
In fact, it doesn't surprise me that Devorin the traitor was so insolent. After all, he KNEW that he was a dead meat. After what he had said and done, it's impossible for Devorin to be dealt with any leniency. Hence, the only things that Devorin could do was to pretend to be brave ( insolent, in our eyes) and to try to slander others as much as possible. He had nothing to lose, while the other prisoners still hoped for some kind of clemency, for instance, a quick death or even exile.

The traitors did not know that Aragorn had made a promise to Faramir that he would abolish the cruel punishment "traiter's death". I guess that's the reason why Meneldil of Lebennin chose to commit suicide.
Nobodyknowsmenow chapter 62 . 6/6/2006
Broken man on the throne

Tries to find his way home.

Damned man may damn another...

Broken man's dearest brother.

Gentle man weeps in shame,

Gave his good name

For the Broken.

Mercy burns away to ash,

Gentle heart thrown in the trash.

Will fire from ash awaken?

Given freely,

Nothing asked,

Even with his quality tasked

To it's limits, and beyond.

Broken man, please try to see,

What Gentle gave

Just to save

You in this bond?

Grace is dead

Honor’s blood running red…

Will the stone break Broken more?

Or will they save their dear lord?

All rightie. Bad poem. Hard to understand. Abstract. Sorry. Best I could do. Enjoy!
Stoneage Woman chapter 62 . 6/6/2006
Wow! I loved this chapter! Loved the way Dervorin kept raving and ranting and succeeded in implicating himself further.

Am not to pleased about the fact that the whole of Gondor now knows that Faramir branded Aragorn; now if Aragorn forgives Faramir, it will seem to just. Wonder how you're going to get our favorite characters out of this one?

Update soon, please!
Lhaewin chapter 62 . 6/6/2006
So Aragorn managed to avoid Faramirs share in the events as far as possible. It will be very hurtful and difficult for him to finally deal with his Steward.

Theres no doubt that Aragorn will raise the Sword of Justice over Dervorin. He doesnt regret anything, but the opposite is the case. I wonder, if his persisting insolence is realistic, since he is likely to face a traitors death.
1,528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »