Reviews for Web of Treason
Nesta chapter 1 . 6/15/2006
Eek! This shakes up my ideas something shocking. Faramir stabbing the king, Boromir married (or worse) - whatever next?

There's clearly a lot more going on than meets the eye...
Sarahbarr17 chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Very tense, exciting chapter. I agree with the punishments; they demonstrate Elessar's justice and mercy. And I am very pleased for Captain Damrod. Aragorn, please listen to his words about Faramir...

It was sweet of Eomer to support Aragorn at the trial.

Women on the Council? M... Sounds a bit modern to me. As a modern girl the idea appeals to me but another part of me thinks that this is very unlikely in such an ancient society as Gondor.

Surely Faramir's crimes did not exceed those of Fontos? I hope Aragorn is as merciful to Faramir as he was to Fontos. I think that what is needed is for Faramir to tell his story in public. He should be forced to do this, if necessary, but only when he is ready. The people need to know the circumstances surrounding Elessar's abduction and Faramir's role in trying to save him. They need to know that Faramir has saved their King's life at least twice.

Some of the confiscated lands should go to Elbeth when she is of age. Wouldn't that be sweet?

Bless Arwen for persuading Aragorn not to have Devorin hung, drawn and quartered. It would weigh heavily on his conscience (a "burden of guilt" in fact!).

I await the next chapter with anxious anticipation and trembling nerves.

Love and hugs,

Sarah x
Julia chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Great chapter! I agree with all of Aragorn's punishments for the traitors. I was especially glad he spared Fontos, and liked Fontos' words of loyalty to the King and his vow to restore the honor of his house while in exile in the North. Also nice of Aragorn to preserve his estates for him.

Glad to see Dervorin got the sharp sword, but I agree with Arwen in convincing her Estel not to inflict the full traitor's death up him. It would haunt him, and let's face it, then man doesn't need anything else to disturb his sleep.

Good rewards for both Damrod and his sister. Who knew he wanted to learn the healing arts? I bet he excels at them, with Tarostar as his teacher.

Go Aragorn, planning to let women and those of lower birth sit on the council! It's about time for a change, despite Imrahil's doubts.

Loved it when Eomer supported Aragorn when he faltered after leaving the hall. A show of support that also shows their friendship.

Hm, what to do about Fara is the question on everybody's mind, especially Aragorn's. I can't wait for the next chapter when we find out the fate of the King's Steward.
demeter d chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Wow! Quite an emotionally draining time for Aragorn! One can understand him being angry enough to invoke the brutal old way, but i am glad Arwen talked him out of that direction. A good point, the daughter who was married to Fontos had done nothing wrong. In our own dark medieval times, she probably would have been killed with the rest of them. We like to believe that Aragorn would have created a society which would not do that. Very merciful of him to hold Fontos's ancestral lands for his return, and to allow the innocent(and probably unknowing) 16 year old son to keep his grandfather's land. I agree with the reviewer who suggested that the seized lands could be given to Damrod or his family, or to Elbeth. She deserves some inheritance in place of what her father is not able to give her. Now, what will be next? As the other reviewr said, we still do not know what became of Anborn and his men. if they were all killed, thier families need to be taken care of.

Thoughts on Faramir; After Devorin calling Arwen the "elven witch", I would be cautious about using her thought bond with Aragorn to show why she believed him still alive. they could, perhaps, emphasize the old Numenorean gift aspect of that. I can still see Arwen testifying at Faramir's trial in some way. The people need to see that whatever she and Faramir did was out of despair at finding any other way to help Aragorn. And there is the point about what can good people do and still remain good? Arwen stopped Aragorn from becoming the kind of King who supervizes brutal executions. No one was there to stop Faramir from having to do things that his heart did not want to do. Interesting lines still to explore!
nautika chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
I mean this in the nicest way possible...Stop torturing us! Sentence Faramir already! And be Nice! :D

See? I've been reading even when I havent reviewed.

nautika
Nienor Niniel chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Ah, good to see an update!

And I like the judgements Aragorn made, especially concerning Fontos.

But I'm also glad that Arwen convinced him not to bestow that terrible punishment.

So I guess we are nearing the really crucial scenes?

Take care, Nienor
Stoneage Woman chapter 63 . 6/14/2006
Aragorn's humanity came out in this chapter. The fact that he could not be objective when sentencing Devorin, was very relieving, because Aragorn's beehaviour would otherwise have been too good to be true. I'm also happy that Arwen talked sense into Aragorn. She made some very excellent points.

However, I think Aragorn needs to come to his senses soon. He forgave Fontos, who had been torturing him for far longer than Faramir. It would only be just to forgive Faramir as well, especially as Faramir was in the wrong to begin with.

His idea about the Council seems a little dangerous. I can see it's going to cause some problems in the future, especially the bit about the women.

I liked this chapter, it was well-written, and all the more welcome because it was a long time coming. Doo please udpate as soon as you can!
QueenofFlarmphgal chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
Yay! Update!

Oh, thank goodness that Arwen talked Aragorn out of giving Dervorin a traitor's death. That sounded horribly brutal, even though I know that is how judgement was passed in older days. And it was very noble of him to give mercy to Fontos, and to reward Damrod so much. Hurrah!

wOoT!
MusicDreamer7 chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
Sorry it has been a few chapters since I reviewed, but my internet service provider had some technical difficulties. I'm waiting to see how you wrap this story up, and where you will leave us off for the sequel. I've greatly enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next one. I must say that when I read Aragorn's punishment for Devorin I paled myself at the thought. It is a shame that Aragorn had been put through so much, and it has certainly cost him some of his usual steady headedness. Thank goodness Arwen is there to offer support through this most difficult of times. Take care mellon nin.
Raksha The Demon chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
A gripping chapter. We sometimes forget that as noble, kind and generous as Aragorn is, he has the power of life and death over his subjects, and sometimes he has to use it. Nor can traitors be allowed to escape unpunished.

Fontos was very lucky.

I vote for Aragorn's giving either Lebennin or Ringlo Vale to Elbeth, whichever is closer to Ithilien, or richer. And he can give the other domain to Damrod (or Bereth), unless Aragorn wants to hold it for his own descendants.
windstar chapter 63 . 6/13/2006
oh god...please let him get off free...
Alatariel5079 chapter 62 . 6/12/2006
ijust dont understand how aragorn can be angry with faramir. he after all caused faramir so much pain in burden of guilt, and did so by accident and faramir forgave him without trouble! i am loving the story! update soon
Elentariel chapter 62 . 6/12/2006
Sorry I haven't been keeping up to date with reviews but I really like how you haven't chosen the miracle healing of Aragorn. It's much more realistic.
lucidity chapter 62 . 6/10/2006
Oh hey! It's back up again-at least for me!

Loved this chapter. Now I have to think about what I had been going to say...

I do hope that Aragorn doesn't go easy on that brigand. He'll only cause trouble if he is allowed to live.

Faramir, on the other hand, should be shown leniency-I know you haven't gotten there yet, but I do feel the need to make my position known.

Update when you can!
BlueEyedElf chapter 62 . 6/9/2006
I don't know about you, but I have strong urge to smack Lord Dervorin. Hopefully justice will be done. He deserves to pay for his crimes, as do the rest of the traitors.

I am looking forward to finding out what will happen to Faramir as well.
1,534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »