Reviews for Web of Treason
kyoiku kanji chapter 57 . 3/24/2013
And here we see the King as once again... fair and understanding and wanting the full picture, but again, he dared not ask of Faramir's involvement for fear of not liking what he's learned... I also like bringing Boromir back into the story although... sad, it's also... I like the fact that Aragorn lamented Boromir never getting to meet Elbeth.
kyoiku kanji chapter 56 . 3/24/2013
And just when you think he's got it all figured out and that a b c... he goes and pulls algebra out on you and says that a b x.

Well done indeed... as I said, once doubt creeps in, everything is suspect.
kyoiku kanji chapter 55 . 3/24/2013
Ah yes, my reason for being suspicious of the silk shirts... I remember thinking "Those were put there for a reason." And Faramir's true nature is once again revealed...

You know I hadn't thought about them trying to blame Faramir and make it look like it was all his doing- and evil secretaries have a way of controlling the paperwork.

As always, you do not disappoint.
kyoiku kanji chapter 54 . 3/24/2013
This is why I have trouble putting down your stories. This moment is the lead in to the payout for everything that has happened to date. And you can feel the anticipation, you've built it up in the reader, just as you have with the assembling of the groups gathered.

The traitors are assembled and have, I believe, carefully kept the people who would keep them in check away from the proceedings. The timing is perfect and the moment is a click away.
kyoiku kanji chapter 53 . 3/24/2013
And the ceremony was well written and well thought out and appropriately touching. I loved the effect and symbolism and the execution... and they are going to a far more devious war than an out and out fight with Suaron, for wars of words and games of rule are far more devious and that comes across so well.
kyoiku kanji chapter 52 . 3/24/2013
and here it is, the part I was thinking about- as the king languishes so does the land... Which is also very Celtic in nature. I like the threes, and the three stages of life... and the fact that Faramir rides with him to show unity- even knowing that... well... his life is forfeit for his crimes against the king.

So I guess smacking the king with a dead wet halibut might also be considered treason...
kyoiku kanji chapter 51 . 3/24/2013
The rereturn of the king!

Yes, the moment he realizes what he has to do- and a glimpse of just how low Faramir had gone to keep his word and save his king, only of course... it doesn't look that way. (and Faramir is of course back to being painfully honest which doesn't help his case at all.
kyoiku kanji chapter 50 . 3/24/2013
Woof... WOOF! and probably another WOof in there for good measure. To realize just how fragile he is- he's always been Strider, he's always been strong for her- he has never been any less, and he has never allowed himself to be any less...

And that is a hard lesson for a mortal to learn, let alone someone who was immortal.
kyoiku kanji chapter 49 . 3/24/2013
A very aptly named chapter. And for every step forward- there must be an equal and opposite reaction it would seem... (or at least a cliff-hanger) Sometimes- innocence has its values... and if only Faramir could have retained his- but he sacrificed it for Aragorn his friend and king.
kyoiku kanji chapter 48 . 3/24/2013
I was thinking about the parallels between having to hurt Aragorn to heal him (resetting his fingers) and having to hurt Aragorn to save him. I'm glad Faramir has Eowyn, and I'm very glad and thankful that you have portrayed them as such.
kyoiku kanji chapter 47 . 3/24/2013
Faramir does tend to leave out the parts that would indicate the full cost of doing something, going for taking the punishment for the action but not taking into account the reasoning behind it- even though in judging others he does.

I think both Aragorn and Farmir need to look at that and hold themselves to the same standards, not harsher ones.
kyoiku kanji chapter 46 . 3/24/2013
And Aragorn trying to convince himself that Faramir had been forced... because otherwise it means he did it of his own free will and if he had then...

Yep. Monkey Trap and circular logic - get you every time.
kyoiku kanji chapter 45 . 3/24/2013
And even at odds, their wives take great pleasure in embarrassing them. And then there is the proud king- suffering much as Faramir had when he'd been beaten- funny how Aragorn can't/won't let him see the parallels.

But this pain is like a monkey trap... it will hold him as long as he refuses to let go
kyoiku kanji chapter 43 . 3/24/2013
"Yeah... you uh... might want to wait to thank me, Arwen... I've been a bad, bad man..." (My summary of the chapter) Very good, and still you have the web all around them, trying to catch them... because now if they don't get their way... those who tried to kill the king will lose their lives instead... and nothing is more dangerous than someone with nothing to lose.

What an intense and evilly twisted situation, which you have artfully wrought.
kyoiku kanji chapter 42 . 3/24/2013
And this is the moment we have been waiting for - the moment when he finally rests and sees his family- and Faramir... poor lad. I do wonder how Arwen takes his part in hurt Aragorn...

Very powerful stuff (and very much needed at this point)
1,529 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »