Reviews for Web of Treason
kyoiku kanji chapter 62 . 3/24/2013
Yep... just like the snake trying to turn it around on Faramir... and at the very least see that he shares their fate and that way they can exact a little bit of revenge on him for ruining their plans. Battlefields at least have honor... sometimes.
kyoiku kanji chapter 61 . 3/24/2013
Monkey Trap! Yeah, I think that's going to be my new phrase for reviews here. Very well done- I also like how... everything that has happened with Faramir ... it all depends on how you look at it. In one light, he is heroic and honorable... in the other cold and calculating ... and Aragorn would be so better off knowing the truth, but well.. now he's too angry to try... this is definitely setting the stage for the next tale even as it finishes. Very well done.
kyoiku kanji chapter 60 . 3/24/2013
Monkey trap! (sorry) Yeah.. heavy stuff here... and well done and well timed. And alas, poor Tarostar - he's punished because of his bloodline not approving of his family, and not trusted because of the bloodline that wanted nothing to do with him... and no matter what Faramir does from here- his motives are suspect.

And I don't think Eomere is ever going to forgive Faramire (thought I'd like to see that). This is a very intricate Gordian knot you've woven.
kyoiku kanji chapter 59 . 3/24/2013
Faramir, always speaking the truth, but never the parts that would clear him, and he couldn't promise not to raise his hand against Aragorn, since he has learned that there are times, when it would be the honorable thing to do. And Aragorn turning away from him- make tears come to my eyes.
kyoiku kanji chapter 58 . 3/24/2013
Poor poor Faramir... Eomer's going to be all angry at him again... This is again, well done and bringing things around full circle.

I should have been asleep an hour ago but there are only 5 more chapters... I can stay up ... really... can't I?
kyoiku kanji chapter 57 . 3/24/2013
And here we see the King as once again... fair and understanding and wanting the full picture, but again, he dared not ask of Faramir's involvement for fear of not liking what he's learned... I also like bringing Boromir back into the story although... sad, it's also... I like the fact that Aragorn lamented Boromir never getting to meet Elbeth.
kyoiku kanji chapter 56 . 3/24/2013
And just when you think he's got it all figured out and that a b c... he goes and pulls algebra out on you and says that a b x.

Well done indeed... as I said, once doubt creeps in, everything is suspect.
kyoiku kanji chapter 55 . 3/24/2013
Ah yes, my reason for being suspicious of the silk shirts... I remember thinking "Those were put there for a reason." And Faramir's true nature is once again revealed...

You know I hadn't thought about them trying to blame Faramir and make it look like it was all his doing- and evil secretaries have a way of controlling the paperwork.

As always, you do not disappoint.
kyoiku kanji chapter 54 . 3/24/2013
This is why I have trouble putting down your stories. This moment is the lead in to the payout for everything that has happened to date. And you can feel the anticipation, you've built it up in the reader, just as you have with the assembling of the groups gathered.

The traitors are assembled and have, I believe, carefully kept the people who would keep them in check away from the proceedings. The timing is perfect and the moment is a click away.
kyoiku kanji chapter 53 . 3/24/2013
And the ceremony was well written and well thought out and appropriately touching. I loved the effect and symbolism and the execution... and they are going to a far more devious war than an out and out fight with Suaron, for wars of words and games of rule are far more devious and that comes across so well.
kyoiku kanji chapter 52 . 3/24/2013
and here it is, the part I was thinking about- as the king languishes so does the land... Which is also very Celtic in nature. I like the threes, and the three stages of life... and the fact that Faramir rides with him to show unity- even knowing that... well... his life is forfeit for his crimes against the king.

So I guess smacking the king with a dead wet halibut might also be considered treason...
kyoiku kanji chapter 51 . 3/24/2013
The rereturn of the king!

Yes, the moment he realizes what he has to do- and a glimpse of just how low Faramir had gone to keep his word and save his king, only of course... it doesn't look that way. (and Faramir is of course back to being painfully honest which doesn't help his case at all.
kyoiku kanji chapter 50 . 3/24/2013
Woof... WOOF! and probably another WOof in there for good measure. To realize just how fragile he is- he's always been Strider, he's always been strong for her- he has never been any less, and he has never allowed himself to be any less...

And that is a hard lesson for a mortal to learn, let alone someone who was immortal.
kyoiku kanji chapter 49 . 3/24/2013
A very aptly named chapter. And for every step forward- there must be an equal and opposite reaction it would seem... (or at least a cliff-hanger) Sometimes- innocence has its values... and if only Faramir could have retained his- but he sacrificed it for Aragorn his friend and king.
kyoiku kanji chapter 48 . 3/24/2013
I was thinking about the parallels between having to hurt Aragorn to heal him (resetting his fingers) and having to hurt Aragorn to save him. I'm glad Faramir has Eowyn, and I'm very glad and thankful that you have portrayed them as such.
1,534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »