Reviews for Web of Treason
kyoiku kanji chapter 39 . 3/24/2013
Oh man... talk about an 'out of the frying pan into the fire' moment. I knew I was starting to breathe too easily. And both of them... having the same thoughts... Oh... so close...
kyoiku kanji chapter 37 . 3/24/2013
and we see just how hurt in body and spirit Aragorn is- and the truth about trust, trust, once broken is hard to regain, and once caught in a falsehood well told- nothing can be trusted again.
kyoiku kanji chapter 36 . 3/24/2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again- the only way out of this web, is to push further through. And Aragorn, having to suffer his former best friend's ministrations when he loathes the man's touch... And Elbeth, confident joyful Elbeth.
kyoiku kanji chapter 32 . 3/24/2013
Do not go into the light. The light zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no parking in the white zone: Aragorn, please pick up the white courtesy phone and keep the gift!

Okay, I"m yelling at characters, albeit using airport references. The story is definitely building up, and doing it very well.
kyoiku kanji chapter 31 . 3/24/2013
At least on some level, (and probably why the 'betrayal' stings so much is the fact that Aragorn still loves him as son and brother... so hard- so well done.
kyoiku kanji chapter 30 . 3/24/2013
And the knife twists even deeper. Oh, Faramir... and Aragorn- if you only knew.
kyoiku kanji chapter 29 . 3/24/2013
And it is a really, really good thing that Faramir took Elsbeth with him... for more than his original reasoning. It really would have been morbidly ironic if Faramir did all that to save him, and then.. because of what he'd done, Aragorn would have refused treatment.

As you said, no quick fixes, and no matter how trusted a person is, once doubt creeps in, there is little room for trust to regrow.
kyoiku kanji chapter 28 . 3/24/2013
Definitely wintery... and damn what a thing to wake up to/with. Poor Faramir. (kinda wish Tarostar had left a first aid manual with the equipment.)
kyoiku kanji chapter 25 . 3/24/2013
Wow... just... the pieces are falling into place, and Faramir is falling apart with how much he has ... changed. The person he has had to become to do what had to be done is a hard man to accept as anything other than a necessary evil.

Just... WOOF!
kyoiku kanji chapter 24 . 3/24/2013
And talk about being cruel to be kind. Man. This is... yeah. Really glad I read the next story first- even having a clue as to what happened here... makes it a lot easier to take.
kyoiku kanji chapter 20 . 3/24/2013
YAY for Elbeth! And cheers to the return of Strider! Much sadness for what he has endured and just how much Faramir's 'betrayal' has hurt him. All is about as I figured ... not a happy time for Elesar... at all.

They definitely need to get Elbeth out of there.
kyoiku kanji chapter 17 . 3/24/2013
Woof! Knowing he is killing the king's hope, hurting him at a deeper level than the lords had managed - talking about being cruel to be kind...
kyoiku kanji chapter 16 . 3/24/2013
Very nice, it definitely captures the level of paranoia that has to go with this sort of mission, and Faramir having to steel his position, and feign interest and appear to be just what they want, knowing at any moment he could end up dead, or worse, joining Aragorn wherever he is.

Again, well paced and thought out.
kyoiku kanji chapter 15 . 3/24/2013
Tension and just as you think its over... you surprised me (and that takes some doing)
kyoiku kanji chapter 14 . 3/24/2013
Definitely liking Tarostar, and certain amenities (that make sense) in the house of healing... especially in a war torn nation.

And you're really keeping the tension at a driving level, drawing me further into the web and deeper into the story. Very well done indeed.
1,528 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »