Reviews for Web of Treason
kyoiku kanji chapter 47 . 3/24/2013
Faramir does tend to leave out the parts that would indicate the full cost of doing something, going for taking the punishment for the action but not taking into account the reasoning behind it- even though in judging others he does.

I think both Aragorn and Farmir need to look at that and hold themselves to the same standards, not harsher ones.
kyoiku kanji chapter 46 . 3/24/2013
And Aragorn trying to convince himself that Faramir had been forced... because otherwise it means he did it of his own free will and if he had then...

Yep. Monkey Trap and circular logic - get you every time.
kyoiku kanji chapter 45 . 3/24/2013
And even at odds, their wives take great pleasure in embarrassing them. And then there is the proud king- suffering much as Faramir had when he'd been beaten- funny how Aragorn can't/won't let him see the parallels.

But this pain is like a monkey trap... it will hold him as long as he refuses to let go
kyoiku kanji chapter 43 . 3/24/2013
"Yeah... you uh... might want to wait to thank me, Arwen... I've been a bad, bad man..." (My summary of the chapter) Very good, and still you have the web all around them, trying to catch them... because now if they don't get their way... those who tried to kill the king will lose their lives instead... and nothing is more dangerous than someone with nothing to lose.

What an intense and evilly twisted situation, which you have artfully wrought.
kyoiku kanji chapter 42 . 3/24/2013
And this is the moment we have been waiting for - the moment when he finally rests and sees his family- and Faramir... poor lad. I do wonder how Arwen takes his part in hurt Aragorn...

Very powerful stuff (and very much needed at this point)
kyoiku kanji chapter 41 . 3/24/2013
Once again, I am Extremely glad to be reading this long after publication for I have but to click "next" to continue. There is so much emotion and longing in this and the tension as Faramir hopes to find them safe and Aragorn fears he is being led into a trap...

And to end with such a... line... is the lady or the tiger? (or in this case the Queen or the Psycho?)
kyoiku kanji chapter 39 . 3/24/2013
Oh man... talk about an 'out of the frying pan into the fire' moment. I knew I was starting to breathe too easily. And both of them... having the same thoughts... Oh... so close...
kyoiku kanji chapter 37 . 3/24/2013
and we see just how hurt in body and spirit Aragorn is- and the truth about trust, trust, once broken is hard to regain, and once caught in a falsehood well told- nothing can be trusted again.
kyoiku kanji chapter 36 . 3/24/2013
I've said it before and I'll say it again- the only way out of this web, is to push further through. And Aragorn, having to suffer his former best friend's ministrations when he loathes the man's touch... And Elbeth, confident joyful Elbeth.
kyoiku kanji chapter 32 . 3/24/2013
Do not go into the light. The light zone is for loading and unloading of passengers only. There is no parking in the white zone: Aragorn, please pick up the white courtesy phone and keep the gift!

Okay, I"m yelling at characters, albeit using airport references. The story is definitely building up, and doing it very well.
kyoiku kanji chapter 31 . 3/24/2013
At least on some level, (and probably why the 'betrayal' stings so much is the fact that Aragorn still loves him as son and brother... so hard- so well done.
kyoiku kanji chapter 30 . 3/24/2013
And the knife twists even deeper. Oh, Faramir... and Aragorn- if you only knew.
kyoiku kanji chapter 29 . 3/24/2013
And it is a really, really good thing that Faramir took Elsbeth with him... for more than his original reasoning. It really would have been morbidly ironic if Faramir did all that to save him, and then.. because of what he'd done, Aragorn would have refused treatment.

As you said, no quick fixes, and no matter how trusted a person is, once doubt creeps in, there is little room for trust to regrow.
kyoiku kanji chapter 28 . 3/24/2013
Definitely wintery... and damn what a thing to wake up to/with. Poor Faramir. (kinda wish Tarostar had left a first aid manual with the equipment.)
kyoiku kanji chapter 25 . 3/24/2013
Wow... just... the pieces are falling into place, and Faramir is falling apart with how much he has ... changed. The person he has had to become to do what had to be done is a hard man to accept as anything other than a necessary evil.

Just... WOOF!