Reviews for Tears and Rain
TOSoldtimer chapter 12 . 4/27/2014
Soujiro decides to LET Toyoyomi kill him in order to spare her daughters - what a change Kuri has made in the smiling psychopath. All the stories in this continuity are great, se of the best Soujiro stories ever. To bad you seem to have abandoned the series over a decade ago. I'd love to see them finished.
Sailor Pandabear chapter 13 . 4/19/2012
cool
Randa-Chan chapter 13 . 3/29/2007
Wow, I can see why it won an award. That was a great story and the best Soujiro fic I've read so far. I can't believe you're telling me there's a sequel. Must be my lucky day. _

Thank you for such a wonderful and beautifully written story. I wonder if Soujiro will see Kenshin and the others in the next fic. It would be interesting to see Kenshin's reaction to the changes in Soujiro. Anyway, I better get a wriggle on and start reading it.

Love Randa*
IVIaedhros chapter 13 . 2/8/2007
Finally, a mature and well-written RK fic'...and centering on Soujiro no less! Well done.
Noc and NC chapter 13 . 8/29/2005
oh bwaa. this was the best Soujiro fic I've ever read. sorry I didn't reveiw for all your chapters, but I was too drawn into the story to stop... I love your character, Kuri. she's very realistic character, and her energenic personality is refreshing, but not so much thats it's annoying. I'll read the sequel, for sure!
Eternity Wish chapter 13 . 8/1/2005
"No, I'm sure you don't, but the world does. I was not born a killer. No one is born a killer. The world makes killers." Very well-thought! Soujiro begins to talk and think like Kenshin does :) Great insights flood in at the end of chapter 12 since both Noriko and Soujiro still have someone expecting their returns.

The Seta Soujiro in your fic is like a replica of the original! You portray exactly the ways he acts and feels, his gentleness, his hiding emotions, his pacifism, his composure, the way he spares a girl's feelings, and all. That's what I like most about your story! Only if you let him use a SAKABATO, his image would be perfect!

As I mentioned, every fic has a female character paired with Soujiro, yet I've never seen one like Kuri. Your Kuri is very vivacious, audacious, and lovely, too (It's rare to me to make this compliment because I rarely have any favor for fanfic's girls); she can make Soujiro smile and laugh and feel very naturally (Only one weak point about this girl is her overweening preference for materials... lol)! I have a sense that Kuri is a combination of both Misao and Kaoru. However, to me, the relationship between her and Soujiro seems more like a fraternal love rather than romantic love. Honestly, I dislike the "pairing idea," but it's the only way to soften Soujiro's heart, isn't it? :)

Most important, now I understand why this fic won the RK Reader's Choice Award :)
Eternity Wish chapter 11 . 8/1/2005
Ho! The situation is quite tense and interesting since Yoshida finds out about Soujiro's past! To me, Yoshida represents a father worrying for his daughter's sake.

"...an overweight cat in his lap."

"You're so genteel you can't do your own laundry."

** laugh hard ** The conversation between the "codger" Yoshida and Hisashi is full of humor! You always end your chapters in suspense that keeps me reading, good point! Wow, I didn't know that Kuri is also able of softening the "codger's" heart :D Hishashi is like a replica of Yutaro: from his friendly nature to his pride deep inside ;)

Hey hey hey, I don't like to see Soujiro in a peach-pink gi! _ "Soujiro-kun just isn't Soujiro-kun if he's not wearing blue!" I would say so, too :D

FINALLY! AN IAITOU ! :D
Eternity Wish chapter 9 . 7/31/2005
"Alas, I must bid farewell to my childhood tonight." Hahahaha... Such a funny phrase to state! I'm interested in this cute, innocent, childish Kuri more than any fanfic's girls before.. XD. What does "Oyasumi" mean? _

I'm eager to see the meeting between Soujiro and the Oniwabanshu! Oh, his dragging cigarette already tells me that Fujita is actually Saito Hajime :D Surprised! Your fic is getting more exciting and humorous! :D Oh I would love to see Kuri "pounce Saito"! LOL. "Can I have another piggy-back ride?" I would sweatdrop, too.. LOL.

I'm amazed at your portrayal of "Tenken no Soujiro" and "rurouni Soujiro"! It's just like when Watsuki-sensei depicts the Battousai! Do you mind if I point out your small grammatical error? You repeated it several times: "its" (possessive), not "it's"
Eternity Wish chapter 6 . 7/31/2005
"She turned around squarely and shouted a decibel above the man's boast, a feat she was capable of because she exercised her voice box so frequently." Sense of humor! LOL. Burst out into laughter when Soujiro says "Drunkard-san." LOL.

Kuri's personalities are a replica of Misao's, I must say! XD. Since I dislike the pairing of Soujiro-Misao, a making up of a new character is certainly better

Btw, what does "kakkoi" mean? _
Eternity Wish chapter 5 . 7/31/2005
Oh... Kuri! Now she calls Soujiro "killer." I think that after travelling with him for a while, she should realize he's not a bad one. She does care about his past after all ** sigh ** "The little boy begins to pay for it..." WHY DIDN'T YOU LET HIM USE A SAKABATO INSTEAD?
Eternity Wish chapter 4 . 7/31/2005
Oh... oh... I've read quite a number of Soujiro fan fics, but I've never seen Soujiro beg for food before; he simply looks for jobs. In your fic, it's far more realistic and somewhat... absurd.

"He was fairly certain that the random killing of a policeman would contradict the whole purpose of his journey." ** Smile ** :)

Just the same feeling when Kenshin revisited Kyoto, memories flood him; the flashback's so touching! "Only to be free of them. Free... with the soul of the boy and the skills of the killer." Especially love this part! :)
Eternity Wish chapter 2 . 7/31/2005
** Laugh ** Kuri prattles all the time around Soujiro, just like Misao to Kenshin :D Especially when: "Then you agree with me? - Kuri asks." ** laugh ** I can imagine Soujiro's expression right now! What type of girls is Kuri, who even asks someone to buy clothes and shoes for her?

"You go to the store for me. I don't have to go in. You just go get what I need."

He was surprised by this answer, but it seemed feasible."

Hahahahah... Poor Soujiro! This girl is so audacious!

"Ano, Kuri-san, I don't know what to buy for a girl."
Eternity Wish chapter 1 . 7/31/2005
The mark "Readers' Choice Award" leads me to your fic :) I'm on the first chapter so far, well-written actually! I would love it more if you let Soujiro use a sakabato!

Every fic about Soujiro creates a situation in which Soujiro can't just walk away. In yours, it is the little girl's misfortune that holds Soujiro in concern in the first place; it surely reminds Soujiro of his past. I'm curious to know what will happen next )

I can't understand some of the Romanji words here ** cry ** Does "Haiyaku" mean "wait"? Why didn't you give the translations?

Soujiro now travels with a girl; I didn't imagine it at the beginning. Btw, how long has he been traveling to far ?
omasuoniwabanshi chapter 13 . 4/23/2005
I'm putting this on my 'favorites' list. Your story really deserved an award. Amazing job! What an incredible talent you have - I haven't cared about an OC as much as I have about Kuri in a long time. Your description of her character and personality traits were both realistic and endearing. Awesome story!
Waxwing Slain chapter 13 . 11/24/2004
Great story. I look forward to reading the sequel, but that will be for another time.
59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »