Reviews for Saving Connor
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 8 . 6/27
"He didn't want to play Connor, he didn't want to take even the chance of showing Connor up, and here the Professor was, forcing him into it."
Wow, Harry. Wow.

Keep up the great work.
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 7 . 6/26
"And, of course, he spent time away from Connor. That drove Harry particularly mad, as he knew that Draco was doing it on purpose. But drawing too much attention would also be against his self-imposed rules."
Again, I think that Harry's SCARED of people not seeing Connor as perfect, and SCARED of people noticing him more than they notice Connor.

Keep up the good work x2 (I forgot to say it in my last review).
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 6 . 6/26
"Technically, Connor should be alert. But I can watch for him."
Connor can do things on his own, Harry, no matter how much you think otherwise.

"That had gone well. Neville had been spared serious injury, and Connor had looked like a hero. Things were the way they should be."
Harry, Connor needs to know what it feels like to not look like a hero sometimes. He's not always going to have someone who protects him from "calling attention to Harry" or whatever.

"Connor wasn't here, and so no one could compare his performance to his brother's. He was free to unleash all the speed he normally kept constrained."
Why does Harry seem so SCARED of calling attention to himself? I'm going to blame Lily for this.
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 5 . 6/26
"Has he changed that much already? How am I ever going to keep up with him?"
You don't HAVE to, Harry.

"I'm not evil. Connor says I can't be, so I'm not."
Connor's not always right.

"I can't be your friend, not wholly and completely. My first responsibility is always being Connor's brother."
This boy has issues.

Keep up the good work!
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 4 . 6/26
"I'm not going to let my brother hold these ridiculous prejudices against me."
Harry, your brother can do WHATEVER HE WANTS.

"...just before putting the whining in the secret box of his mind."
Harry, you're allowed to whine. Not that you would think so.

"He was sure that his mother would oblige, once she heard that he'd ruined it for a good cause."
"He didn't mind giving up his evenings for the rest of the year, come to that. It was for the highest purpose imaginable."
Harry, I believe the highest purpose imaginable is the ATTEMPT TO SAVE THE WIZARDING WORLD, not saving Connor from a detention (which, by the way, he should get at some point—he needs to know what it's like, for the future).

I am already in love with this story.
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 3 . 6/26
In which Harry is a bit exasperating:

"So she was going to be in Connor's House, then."
Really, Harry? I get that Connor's essentially good, but that doesn't mean Harry should assume he'll be in Gryffindor. He's destined to save the Wizarding world, which implies that he's loyal to wizardkind, so he'd do well in Hufflepuff.

"Then came the moment he'd been waiting for."
So all Harry cares about is CONNOR'S House, where CONNOR will end up. He clearly doesn't care about his own House.

"It lasted a very short time, as Harry had known it would, but that moment still had claws, and they prickled all up and down his back as he waited."
I have a feeling that Harry's actually SCARED that Connor won't end up in Gryffindor.

Keep up the good work.
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 2 . 6/26
Seriously? Lily's last words to Harry before he leaves are "protect Connor's innocence"? Nothing about Harry, nothing about how she hopes—IF she hopes—he'll make friends? Just Connor. I'm already sort of seeing her as a villain.

Great work.
ItIsWednesdayMyDudes chapter 1 . 6/26
Wow, this is already amazing.
HufflepuffBanana chapter 1 . 6/26
I'm rereading this and it's as amazing as I remembered
Chapter 10 and I'm so confused where the fudge did Bellatrix come from?. Bad writing.
Millie chapter 22 . 4/30
Completely unsatisfactory ending. With an AU, you could have changed the awarding of the cup. Let them be tied for first place. Looking forward to the next part of the story.
Isn't the forbidden forest still forbidden? Why do we still have students entering it while on detention? Who is the idiot assigning these detentions? Dumbledore?
Millie chapter 18 . 4/30
Some letter for a mother to write to her young son who isn't home for Christmas. Did she load it with compulsion spells to make him think of all those suggestions(commands)? Don't any members of that family (extended included) see what is being done to Harry? He had no childhood, now no youth.
Millie chapter 17 . 4/30
Lily has a lot to answer for. That line that 'his life belongs to Conner.' Was she able to brainwash Harry without James knowledge or is he aware? If he is, both parents are despicable. Lucius is showing an intriguing side. All those memories showed Conner playing while Harry was working. Didn't his parents teach Conner anything? Great story! We seldom see Harry as intelligent thinking 11 yr old. Very refreshing.
Timedistractingtimes chapter 1 . 4/27
I’m reviewing chapter 1 of the first story, but honestly I’ve read and reread this series a couple times now over the years. I keep it on my kindle too since it’s so long and it reads even better on e-ink paper.

Thank you so much for writing this; it is enjoyable every time I go back to it. The way all of the characters examine their own behavior and evolve over the course of the seven books is just fantastic and satisfying as all hell. Not only that, but so many of the messages Harry and his allies learn are so important and healthy for any of us. I especially liked Vera; she reminded me of someone who had a similar impact on my life as in Harry’s.

Thank you again for giving this story to us, and I hope wherever you are and whatever you are doing you are finding balance in your life
1,892 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »