Reviews for Saving Connor
gatogirl1 chapter 4 . 9/19/2005
I'm not very talented at that wineglass-singing thing myself. It's harder than it looks!

Oy! I'm amazed at this fic already. Yes, it does have a very similar premise to several other fics, but is way off base on others(ie. Parents). What I'm itching to know about, and you've been evilling taunting us readers with tidbits but no full out detailed descriptions, is the night He-Who-Must-Be-Named was defeated. Can't wait to see more glimpses of it, so we can start to figure out(as if we already haven't!) that Harry is the Boy-Who-Lived...but also why everyone believes Conner is.
Never Odd Or eveN chapter 4 . 9/19/2005
great fic, i'm loving the plot so far, can't wait to see what happens, update ASAP
bookfanatic84 chapter 4 . 9/19/2005
This is very interesting. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next. Thank you.
DeleteAbandonedDelete chapter 4 . 9/19/2005
I just found this story and I really like it! You write Slytherin!Harry very well. I can't wait to read more, keep up the good work.
lermett chapter 4 . 9/18/2005
Wow! That is a really unusual and extremely interesting twist of the plot. And it brings up so many possibilities. Congratulations, that was an exemplary beginning! I've enjoyed it a lot!

But what bothers me is... How could Lily say something so awful to her son and make him a stunt just for his brother to shine a bit brighter? Or is the plan a bit more complicated? Do they (Potters, Dumbledore) know that it's really Harry who is the Boy-Who-Lived, but want to distract attention from him and set up his brother for the fame crap? But this would mean that they set up Connor. I don't like it either way. No fame and no clever plans should mess up a childhood.

You know, now I've started writing, I think that reminds me of Ender's Game (by O. Card).

Well, what else can I say... Be careful, as much as I like Snape and Draco to turn up better that JK paints them, I'd be dissappointed if your fic would go on that well-troden pass when Harry is set up and abused by his natural protectors and friends (Griffindors, Dumbledor etc) only to find some fluff and swell acceptance among Slytherins.

I wonder whether Connor would make friends with Hermione. He seems to let Ron even to direct his relationship with his brother, and Ron was always rather scared by Hermione's wit. Guy do tend to be like that. Pity, as I'd think Hermione would be a better influence.

I'd say that Harry is much more likely to be Hermione's friend, he's alreadt noticed her and he would offer his frienship as soon as he realises that those fools in Gyffindor don't know her worth and that she's unhappy because of that. Have I guessed? Is this where you plan your story to move?

And I do like your Snape very much! Please, tell me you won't follow the latest developement of canon!

Good luck, don't stop writing, please, you are amazing!
Alma Gloriosa chapter 2 . 9/18/2005
Excellent second chapter as well. I LOVE this fic. Usually I hate fics where Harry has a sibling, especially when that sibling is a twin, but this is wonderful. I love that they're actually different as well, which is another thing you don't often see in these fics. As soon as Draco was complaining about a really powerful wizard, I knew it was going to be Harry, not Connor. By the way, how is it exactly that Draco can feel auras and such? Some sort of special power? And now, I'm even more convinced that there's more to the story of Harry's scar ...

Great chapter!
Alma Gloriosa chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Wow. This story was just recommended on a yahoo group I'm in so I decided to check it out, and having just finished the first chapter, I thought it was so great that I wanted to review now before continuing. I don't know a lot of what you have planned for the story, other than the fact that Harry is going to be sorted into Slytherin, but even the first chapter, in terms of storyline, is so powerful. When first started it, reading Harry's vow, I was angry, because that's just not something you say to your child, telling them that they shouldn't be everything they can be. But I kept reading anyway, and I'm not exactly sure what to think. On the one hand, it makes a little angry that Lily (apparently telling no one else, even James?) makes sure Harry knows that he's responsible for his brother. I mean, I understand that his brother does bear a huge weight (like Harry does in canon) and everything. But I feel like she's simultaneously taking an important element away from Harry's childhood while also making sure he can only be almost as good as Connor at anything. I suppose Harry seems like a very well adjusted child, and I don't deny that Connor will need someone protecting him, but still. I don't know. It reminds me a little bit of this book I read, My Sister's Keeper, where this girl has to donate blood and marrow and stuff to her sister, and it's sad, but the girl doesn't really mind doing it, so in the end, is it really a bad thing? Perhaps if Harry doesn't mind doing it, and he's still loved by his parents, then it doesn't matter. Then again, it's not like he's ever known anything different.

Anyway, sorry if that was not even something that you even meant to become an issue, it was just something that popped out at me as I was reading it. In any case, the contrast of the situation has completely hooked me! And before I go, just a couple questions. One, is there anything more behind the story of how Harry got his lightening bolt scar, or is that just how it happened in this AU universe? Not that I'm saying it's a bad explanation, it's fine, but it seems like if this was an AU, you could have just not included a scar on Harry at all, so I thought perhaps it has a more significant meaning and Harry's parents just haven't told him what that is (or even don't know what it is). Two, it seems kind of like Sirius has a special bond with Harry. I suppose I haven't read nearly enough of it yet, and maybe he treats Connor the same, I don't know. But I feel like perhaps Sirius notices Harry's personality because of the responsibility he shows for Connor and tries to compensate? Or perhaps I'm just delusional.

Anyway, great story, I am going to go read the rest that you've posted!
wolfawaken chapter 4 . 9/18/2005
This is a great story. Totally different then any other story about twins or siblings. Keep writing
xyvortex chapter 4 . 9/18/2005
Ye-Gods! I'm loving this story! Severus is aware of Harry's power now, as well as Draco. It still boggles the mind that Dumbledore can't know... or does he? Maybe the best way to hide the Boy-Who-Lived is to direct attention to his brother... it even makes an excuse for extra training... hm

please update when you can.
JuMiKu chapter 4 . 9/18/2005
Oh, poor Harry! This is even sader than the stories where Harry is abused while the so-called-child-who-lived is cherished and brat! Harry is so sweet and loving and nobody seems to pay him back...

But how did Connor get the heart-shaped scar (We both know he's certainly not the chosen one...)?
dfcole chapter 4 . 9/18/2005
Great chapter! Plz update soon!
dfcole chapter 3 . 9/17/2005
Great chapter! Plz update soon!
Bafd Kitty chapter 2 . 9/17/2005
Brilliant addictive start completely hooked on your Harry already!

Can't wait to see what happens next! :)
xyvortex chapter 2 . 9/16/2005
Refreshing. I've read quite a few stories where Harry's twin is thought to be the boy who lived. Usually the author Makes Harry the abused or forgotten one. To have him loving and actively helping Connor, at least in the beginning, is a fresh take.

So if Harry's aura is so visible to Draco, it stands to reason that it would be to Dumbledore as well. This leads me to believe that either the headmaster is aware that Harry is indeed the Boy Who Lived and has some bizzare reason to keep it from him, or there is something that keeps others from seeing Harry for who he truely is.

Anyway, update soon please.
dfcole chapter 2 . 9/16/2005
Great story! Plz update soon!
2,086 | « Prev Page 1 .. 129 136 137 138 139 140 Next »