Reviews for Many Kata
Hidari chapter 1 . 6/17/2011
Amazing and very beautiful. This was on my faves but I found that I did not review. Rectified now. :)
Lellow chapter 1 . 10/20/2008
There are no words to describe how wonderful this piece is... its just so... WOW
Blunablue chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
I really liked that short sequence out of Kenshins beginner-days as a rurouni. The connection between the different ways of peace and freedom in society and the kata is a very nice picture to imagine. I can believe that a swordman would think in those metaphors. And I also liked that you compared kenshin to the children: they both have to learn the ways of a society new/again. Until now it was never this clear to me, that Kenshin was raised very "un-social".

You created a very intense atmosphere of the new era in which kenshin has to find his place - "His vow now seems small and pitiful: simply never to kill? Is that a goal to strive for? Is that all the meaning he can find in life?" His change in thoughts is absolutely believable to me, finding protection as a new goal... and maybe finding a place in community? thanks for this nice story!
Jellybean06 chapter 1 . 11/21/2007
Wow. This is beautifully written. You always do a stupendous job with his character.
Scarred Sword Heart chapter 1 . 9/30/2006
He thinks he's not worthy, the darling little idiot. _x
kokoronagomu chapter 1 . 7/1/2006
social interaction can be difficult for someone who had a relatively 'normal' upbringing... how indsightful to show kenshin learning to interact and grow as a person.
SpaceRoses chapter 1 . 4/5/2006
Kenshin really has it tough. He wants to belong so badly and yet he fears what people will do when they learn of his past. I'm glad he finds a home to belong to when he reaches Tokyo and meets Kaoru and company. Great story, thanks for publishing it!
bubblygoo chapter 1 . 3/3/2006
Loved it.
Warg chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
This is a wonderful depiction of Kenshin's earier wanderings(4-5 years, i guess), he is slowly forgiving himself, and accepting his HUMANIT.

The simple writings contain the subtlest of hints, if intentional... this truly is a masterpiece.

Great Job, BYE.
Khrysalis chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
First, I really liked the title. The idea. "Revolution has many kata."

I also liked this: "His vow now seems small and pitiful: simply never to kill? Is that a goal to strive for? Is that all the meaning he can find in life?"

It made me smile and stirred my thoughts. I'll be daydreaming about the things Kenshin has seen for a while...
Shirou Shinjin chapter 1 . 10/31/2005
(sniffle) Another beautifully written piece. I like how you never actually give any details on the people he is protecting: they could be almost anyone at all. All that seems to matter is that they are a family, and Kenshin is slowly learning about what it is he has been missing in life.

His resolution at the end to not simply just "not kill", but to protect peace is wonderful. Two thumbs and a... uh... (hunts around) a blue stapler up!
skenshingumi chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
Hpw beautiful and how different. I love the lines, "His vow now seems small and pitiful: simply never to kill? Is that a goal to strive for? Is that all the meaning he can find in life?" This has been the defining element of the rurouni. How wondeful to capture Kenshin just as he is ready to emerge beyond his vow as you do in the lines, "This unworthy one will learn a new way, will serve goodness, will honor innocence. Will protect peace."
Lackwit chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
Now this is the kind of well-written, thoughtful fic that deserves a slew of reviews. What a pleasure to read and enjoy a Kenshin who is true to the original. Very good point about how his 'never to kill again' vow falls short of what his true goal is.

Very nice.
lolo popoki chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
sorry it took me a little while to get around to reviewing... I have to say I loved this :) The way he learns about family dynamics and how he keeps these experiences close to his heart... very nice :)
NonameJane chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
'This is how people learn how to be. This is what I never had.' That statement really hit home with me. It feels so melancholy and it alone almost had me reaching for a tissue. Lovely.