Reviews for Better Late
Erysimum chapter 1 . 10/14/2011
"Sorry, I woke up this morning and realized my hair was grey." YES. Such a good line. This story has a really seamless blend of humour and pathos, and it's so difficult to achieve that without it seeming forced. It's a very Kakashi story, if that makes any sense. Very much on the favourites list.
authority02 chapter 1 . 9/9/2011
Reading this was emotionally satisfying.
DreamsMelody chapter 1 . 8/12/2011
This was rather comical and disheartening at the same time. It was interesting to see how Kakashi developed his habits. You did very well with a piece that could have easily been butchered. It's nice to see another side of Kakashi.
Chouko Chango chapter 1 . 8/6/2011
hahahahaha. halarious.

i definitely liked this, and the excuses are truly amusing.
Vaughn Tyler chapter 1 . 8/3/2011
very nice
sc2017 chapter 1 . 5/25/2011
Oh, WOW. Brilliant. Beautiful. Heart-rending. I just don't know what to say, you pulled this off so easily, so succintly, and yet there's is just so much depth of feeling in this piece, I just can't wrap my mind around it! The tragedy of course is that Kakashi will never, ever forget the pain and losses he suffered.

"'As long as I can't forget.'

They stared at each other and Kakashi could see memories of his sensei in Sandaime's eyes. " That, right there, is pure gold. I will never forget it!
The Leaf 180 chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
hahahahah this made me laugh!i love the excuses!

"I woke up this morning and realized my hair was grey"

LOL! his hair was always gray! nice of him to catch on! i can just imagine himself staring at the miror in the morning and thinking

"damn, i'm getting old"

LOL sooo saving this to favs!
TripOverFlatSurfaces chapter 1 . 4/20/2011
Well, that was almost painful to read. Not in a bad way of course, it was just that you could...feel Kakashi's inner turmoil and pain, I guess, and it's bittersweet. So great job you did there. :3
Crystal M. Key chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
I really enjoyed this story because it ties so many backstory points together in a hilarious way. I laughed so hard that I cried, yet I also cried in sadness for Obito and Kakashi at the end. It's a wonderful work.
Narue-Nara-chan chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
Pretty. And good. And since I like the fic, I don't really have more to say other than Thank you for the story!
Esashar chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
A beautifully lyrical oneshot. Five minutes of pure, unadulterated indulgence in the innate character and conception of Kakashi Hatake as he is today. Or rather as he gradually came to be, at the whim of a perfectly described destiny. Not once did you go a step too far and break the seamless, minimalistic tone of this piece - tempting as it may have been to get carried away. Both in terms of content, and flawless use of the English language, I found this short story infallible. Impressive, very impressive. Thank you for providing me with an unexpected and highly enjoyable bed-time story.

Esa'
TrisakAminawn chapter 1 . 2/6/2011
Hee! This left me smiling. A lot. It really seemed like Kakashi, and has good pacing and everything, and was funny without being...sloppy, the way people often get when they're trying to be funny, and you used the sad. Very nice.
Califaction chapter 1 . 1/31/2011
Nice fic! I always wondered how Kakashi felt on his first day of being late after always being so rule-bound, and you did a great job representing that. I can just see him laughing on the inside at people's reactions, and I love that he spends time making up good excuses. I also love that reading Icha Icha came out of a desire to get his mind off his procrastinating and then just took off. "He compromised by reading his book while completing his mission." The Hokage's direct questioning but understanding nature was great, as was his conflicting amusement and seriousness. Then the last words; Obito will always be an exception, it seems. Thank you for writing and posting!
yamikinoko chapter 1 . 12/15/2010
*headdesk* This was actually super duper brilliant, if not a super emotional rollercoaster that made me want to forcibly smack all thoughts out of my head.

I've seen many versions of fics where people tried to make the connection as to why Kakashi was late all the time, but I think I like yours the best-where it was something that just happened, and when he finally realized why, he just kept on doing it. [And how Icha Icha "just happened". I'm not sure what Jiraiya would think of that, but there you are.]

Fantastic depiction of Kakashi's transition. I really enjoyed this!
Nekocin chapter 1 . 11/16/2010
T_T This is sad and funny at the same time. But mostly sad, because Kakashi is trying to be like Obito... a bit. And I'm immediately reminded of the Kakashi Gaiden where I cried like a baby. And this fic made sense. At some point in Kakashi's life he had adopted Obito's habit to come in late with a lame excuse. Nice job!
250 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »