Reviews for Of Men, Elves and Snowballs
Nako13yeh chapter 2 . 3/23
That was soooooo adorable... The fellowship taking sides and fighting, then comes the arguments and omg... Legolas copying Aragorn... that was priceless... xD I can't believe how amazing this story is.. so simply yet calming and humorous. Then the guard who threw the snowball.. ahhahah it killed me... and Aragorn running for his life calling for the guards, being chased by the fellowship. xD Wow...
Stormcutter684 chapter 2 . 2/20
*yelps in excitement*
*gathers up a whole mountain of snowballs*
*starts chucking snowballs at Legolas, Sam, Gimli, Frodo, Aragorn, Pippin, and Merry*
ITS WAAAAAAARRRR!
Hahaha rofl I absolutely loved this fanfic. It makes me want to chuck snowballs at everyone. XD
mellon nin means-my friend
u see 'nin'means my and 'mellon' means friend

Here are some other elvish words
Ada-daddy
adan -father
nana-mommy
nanath-mother
Greetings- Suilad/Suilaid
mellon-nin means my friend
Nin- my
Mellon- friend
that was great! its nice to have a light hearted lotr story
Hahaha! This is one of the most lighthearted, enjoyable Fellowship stories I have read in some time. I particularly enjoyed the impromptu speech by Legolas in the second part :) Thank you for sharing this delightful story, and God bless!
Guest chapter 2 . 9/30/2014
Loved it!
biddle29 chapter 2 . 9/21/2014
Do you know how absolutely hysterical this was?! I'm dying! XD I loved it!
WolfsongDarkforest chapter 2 . 3/10/2014
Oh. My. Goodness. Not kidding, I laughed until I choked as I was reading this. The word 'snowball' adds a fair touch of humor to the story, and I love it!

Just as a totally random question, which has been bugging me, what exactly does OC and AU stand for? I know that OC means created by the author, and is not published, but I don't know the exact words... It would be a great help to me.

Love the story,
-Wolfsong
icecoldfairy chapter 2 . 1/8/2014
Legolas always wins ;) Nice story
ShiraChan-Desu chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
-Breaks down lauughing-
ForeverRainingFire chapter 2 . 8/1/2013
Great story! I really enjoyed it! So funny!
intoxicatedasphyxiation chapter 2 . 7/15/2013
Great tale. Loved it so much.
Whisperwill chapter 1 . 5/22/2013
Oh, bravo, indeed!
You know, I don't often laugh out loud when I'm reading a story. But I laughed aloud several times as I read this one, and I've included the parts that I found the funniest:
feeling slightly less embarrassed as he pictured the grim long-legged man attempting to tiptoe across a snowy field. [Just the mental picture this sentence created had me in stitches.]

"It seems that those things are of some use after all," [This was a priceless one-liner, and you set it up perfectly!]

It was the dwarf's turn to look disbelieving. "And I suppose that snowball just hit me of its own accord then," he demanded angrily, trying in vain to reach around to the back of his head to brush away the snow gathered there.
"Do not be a fool," replied the elf coldly, "however much it becomes you. Aragorn is the one responsible for the snow which now covers you."
Gimli turned to look at the ranger, who had by this time started back up the mountain and looked up innocently at the sound of one of his many names. Gimli turned back to the elf.
"Aragorn!" he barked. "Aragorn! What reason would he have to hurl a snowball at me?"
"Many come to mind, but it is best that you ask him that yourself," Legolas replied coolly, and turned to continue on his way, but the dwarf, clutching one of his axes, moved to bar the elf's path. [This dialogue is genius! The play off between characters, the natural flow of words and progression from one topic to the next, the level of comedy...highly impressive!]

who were now standing face to chest still trading verbal blows [Taking an often-used line and twisting it around to be comedic...this is GREAT!]

I liked how you began your story, with the bird. Beautiful wording. I also enjoyed the long descriptions of each character, and Legolas's appraisal of each of them, near the story's beginning. I was surprised by how much l liked this fic, actually, since there was a lot of it I didn't agree with. It doesn't seem to me that Aragorn and Legolas are the type to constantly goad each other...but I loved reading how their squabble unfolded. Legolas doesn't seem the type to me to aim an arrow at any of his fellow Fellowship members...but it was entertaining. Nor do I think it would've come down to combat between him and Gimli...but I loved every moment of the read! And, even if I don't think you represented Tolkien's world totally in-character, you managed to convince me that your way of writing might be valid, even if I don't agree with it all as it unfolds. Maybe that's the greatest mark of a great writer.

I also like to beta stories as I read. I included a couple of corrections (though I didn't see many at all. You're truly a good writer, and your words and punctuation are inspirational!):

He decided that the Man was not responsible for the freezing water now at the small of his back, for the man's thoughts seemed directed elsewhere as he marched onwards, occasional glancing towards the rear of the party. You didn't capitalize "man's" in this sentence...I don't know if you meant to consistently capitalize every reference to "Man/Men" throughout your story, or not.

Between Frodo and Bill, Legolas was surprised that the hobbit had anytime to see to his own needs. I think "anytime" would be two words here ("any" and "time").

Second-born vs. firstborn. You used different punctuation/capitalization for these two terms. Don't know if you meant to do it, but I thought I'd point it out just in case.

Sam noticed that he had an arrow notched and was stroking it's fletching repeatedly. "It's" only has an apostrophe in it if you're using the contraction "it is."

Finally, I included a couple of questions in case you're one of those authors who replies to reviews:
What does "mellon nin" mean?
Would "Human" be a Lord of the Rings term? I've heard of "Men" and "Man," but "Human"? I'm not sure.
Larisya chapter 2 . 3/27/2013