Reviews for The Doom of Miriel Serende
alina chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
Great! I loved it! Wonderfully written. I was a little put off to read, in your author's notes, that you were questioning the sanity of feeling something for a not-so-nice Elf like Feanor. My question to you is... are you kidding? How could you not? I was preparing to give you a sharp reprimand, but you have done him justice and, by the end of the story, I was all teary-eyed.

I loved the part where Vaire speaks of Feanor and emphasizes his motivation and his love for his father. Really, only shallow readers, looking just for someone to point the finger at, see Feanor as the instigator of evil deeds and an evil character himself. I don't think Tolkien wanted that either.

This story has also given me another perspective on things. I've never wondered what Miriel would feel about everything that happened after she chose to remain away from her family forever. I'll have to say that I do not understand her one bit. But if she had chosen otherwise, the children and grandchildren of Indis would not have been born and that's no good either. Big time dilema&food for I really do not understand is how in Arda was Nerdanel capable of leaving Feanor and her sons, later? But I'm open to people's ideas on it.

You can probably tell that I love Feanor and his sons dearly, so I'm going to stop rambling here, go back to adoring Feanorians fangurl mode,and just thank you for the story.

Alina.
Yumi Akimoto chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
This is really touching! And amazing - a mother's love and a son's love for his father... I don't hate Fëanor, I just think his actions are rather rash, but I understand that poor guy! :P And wonderful story here, very well written! The writing flows so easily and... sigh the ending is so sweet :D Good job!
Aurendil chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Great story. It does justice to Fëanàro and analyzes him objectively. Besides, there is nothing wrong in feeling for him. I have two remarks :

Finwë, is he reembodied or still a fëa? If the Valar do not permit Fëanàro to see him as a punishment, then he must be a fëa in the Halls of Waiting. But he should be reembodied in order to visit Miriel (Th)erindë.

Also, I think that Finwë and Miriel are technically not married any more, and should not see each other; as it is stated in the enlarged version of the Silmarillion : "For none among the Quendi shall have two spouses at one time awake and alive."
The Battling Bard chapter 1 . 9/18/2005
Great story. I've always felt sorry for Miriel and Indis. I've felt sorry for Miriel beacuse her husband remarried so quickly after her death, and I've felt sorry for Indis because Finwe could never love her like he loved Miriel. Good work.