Reviews for The Smile
jj chapter 9 . 2/3
nice
MythBlue chapter 9 . 12/28/2012
Such a beautiful love story :)
Go Go Bear chapter 9 . 12/4/2012
First, I want you to know that I do love this fic: the difference in viewpoint for each situation, the misunderstandings because of that difference, how both characters want to make it work anyway, etc. Loved it, wonderfully heart-tugging, and all that glory.

However, that said... You almost lost me here at the end with "Loosing Kakashi and loosing Sandaime..."

Seriously. Almost. Lost me.

Despite being only a few paragraphs from the last of it, I nearly bashed in my monitor out of extreme frustration. I understand that this was written seven years ago, that your grammar has likely dramatically improved since writing this, and that I'm probably picking at an embarrassing scab, but "loose" instead of "lose" has been in every single effing Naruto fanfic that I have read. I mean, wth? I have never seen an error so widely made across one fandom before! It is getting borderline ridiculous!

*sigh* Well, sorry for the whiny rant. The story itself is still fantastically good and I am delighted that you did decide to expand it beyond the "first little snapshot." Very sweet and sad all bundled into one great fic!
Cerebella Kennor chapter 9 . 11/18/2012
The first two chapters were my favourites. There was such symmetry in their thoughts, it was beautiful. I loved how both of their POVs ended with the same sentence - they completed and complimented each other wonderfully throughout and ended their thoughts in the same place.
I have to admit though that I, too, would have preferred this story to have ended at chapter eight, sad though that might have been. I haven't read many stories where Kakashi's status as a jounin played such an integral part in the relationship between Iruka and him. Usually it's all, "Don't underestimate the chunin," or "Mr. Jounin is sooo strong." Not many acknowledge the characters as they've been shown to be in the manga. It's new for me to think that their equality at home should in no way be mirrored within the rest of the village. Jounin trumps chunin, sure, we all know that, but somehow most people seem to forget that a jounin automatically has authority over a chunin. Kakashi does have it right, and not many people have written it as you have.
Suffice to say, I greatly enjoyed this story. :)
Heart's Promise chapter 6 . 5/11/2012
Struggles out of huge sand castle..."and keep him away Kiba!" Eh? What? No I will not buy an Iruka plushie so you hold a dramatic acting out of the kiss scenes together, get lost you pervert plushie! Privately decides to get an Iruka...
Heart's Promise chapter 5 . 5/11/2012
Hey hey I can't see the screen! Kakashi plushie move and you Gaara ...what Gaara this is not for kids how did you get here. Oh when Kakashi was in Suna but hey your not meant to read...! Gulps oh sorry Gaara plushie here let me move aside...is is there room for your gourd? Why is it leaking? ARGH ARGH KIBA HELP ME YOUR BOYFRIEND IS...
Heart's Promise chapter 4 . 5/11/2012
Nasty Muzuki Iruka should have slapped him.
Heart's Promise chapter 3 . 5/11/2012
Smooch smooch approved of! Is Iruka making tea for me? as I want a cup...eh? No of course I remember he asked Kakashi, I was making a joke you nosy plushie! Its not yours by rights you can't even drink tea! !...I take no sugar.
Heart's Promise chapter 2 . 5/11/2012
Awww so cute! As I sit here reading aloud to my Kakashi plushie it filled me with warmth and giggles! 'Kakashi plushie wants me to tell tell you that you have described him perfectly'
Heart's Promise chapter 1 . 5/11/2012
After searching throughout section I finally found you! The story that portrays Kakashi and Iruka's personalities truly! Its is so them and they are acting how they should Iruka shy and Kakashi sneaky perv. Sorry for rambling on but have read a lot of good ones so was being to think I would only find bad left.
onewhowatches chapter 9 . 12/24/2010
this was amazing, and even if you had stopped it at eight it still would have been great. all angsty and sob-worthy, but awesome anyways.

loved it! :D

MERRY CHRISTMAS! *\o/*

signed,

onewhowatches :3
MusiknLove chapter 9 . 10/6/2010
I am SSOO glad you didn't leave it at Chapter 8. I would have reached into yours story, beat the crap outta Kakashi and drag him back to Iruka.

And Iruka! OhMyGwad! I wanted to hug him and never let him ago about half way through the chapter! He's right, for a genius, Kakashi's really dumb sometimes! lol.

ReallyReally great read! Thanks for the story! ]
GoldenRat chapter 9 . 3/31/2010
Aww, such a cute romance.
Bookwyrm chapter 9 . 12/10/2009
A wonderful, beautiful story. I loved the raw emotions and evocative imagery. Please keep writing. I know this is an older story, and maybe you have moved on with life, but even if you no longer write for FF, pleases do not let such a talent go to waste. I am going to your profile now to read all other stories you have written. Thank you for such a wonderful experience. I hope you receive this review personally.
Seshat7 chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
I just love the way you write your stories. Vastly entertaining. Gokurou!