Reviews for Harry Potter and the Quest of Light
T.K. angel chapter 19 . 1/28/2015
This story makes no bloody sense like you set it up well and went no where. You gave all these things like harry had something to fight for and them he doesn't. I mean how many times are they gonna threaten to kill someone and then throw a stupefy? There first battle as a team rescuing someone although Harry got his ass kicked he kills at least one and has no remorse for it yet then doesn't try it again? They torcher Hermione close to insanity and there throwing stupefy? They constantly talk about taking the fight to Voldemort and and keep doing the same things? Not to mention Harry gets his ass handed to him in almost every fight but he is going to take on Voldemort? Was this a story where they lose cuz I can't see them winning Harry loses to school children and recent graduates gets bailed out by his friends and systematically shows he is a terrible leader through the whole thing he makes a mistake then you make it seem he learns from it the he makes the same mistake over and over, gets bailed out by his friends or for some weird reason the death eaters jus yet retreat regardless of the fact they have all the advantage and are wining. The story premise is great I like the adopted daughter starting the new order all good but he dose nothing with it goes out throw some stupefys gets his ass kicked often ends up being the one who suffered the most and then does it all again. You used the background of the harry potter books where he shows above average and untapped skills, slaying basilisk, driving off dementors, winning the triwizard tourney, holding off most of Voldemorts inner circle, nearly killing Draco, you point out how Ron admits to being usless yet he pretty comes back from each fight barley any injuries well harry got smacked around the hole time. Lime when harrys not in the fight he is the man whose going to defeat Voldemort but place home against a bunch of fresh death eater recruites gets his ass kicked I just can't figure it out!
elflock chapter 20 . 11/26/2012
Good story, I hope to read more of it soon
Draeconin chapter 2 . 8/10/2011
Your calculations are off - or Ron's are. While there may be only five years between Harry and Sarah's age, there's this little thing called a nine-month gestation period. Harry would have had to get Sarah's mother preggers when he was *four* years old, not five.

You seem to be doing the same thing that most other HP FF authors do - making Harry into an agony aunt. I hope you're not going to picture him as dim, as well.
Lord Cartwright chapter 10 . 3/4/2011
really love this story so far, hope your able to update and maybe complete it soon
Sir Chris chapter 20 . 2/5/2011
Reading over your own triumphs and failures gives you an odd sense of mortality, I have found. When I think back on all of the time Mike (skarm) and I (often referred to as Chris, the beta) spent on this it boggles my mind. Although we truly rank amateurs compared to how deft we have come at writing, and to a much larger extent me actually being a good beta, the times we shared remain priceless to me. For every well-written speech by Harry, so desperately trying to be the leader Britain and his friends need, I also spot where Voldemort is not himself, out of character and out of sync with the merits of what makes Voldemort tick. This piece of writing will never dare to say that it was done perfectly, but I think I can say without reservation it was done with such passion and such a drive to make a fanfic unlike any other fanfic that Mike or myself had ever read, and I think in many ways we accomplished that with the story so far.

There were many late night plot sessions where Mike and I would design plots, decide to kill off characters, and work tirelessly on introducing new characters, referred to as OCs, that not only made sense to our own plot, but could reasonably be expected to maybe have at one time appear in JK Rowling's work. Mike often says that beyond her skill as a technical writer and plot overseer, what Rowling gave to us, the readers of the books, above all else was one of the richest worlds ever created in which us, the fans, could toil our days and nights away in the pursuit of alternate endings, alternate stories, and alternate settings. Some of us are better at using the rich tapestry than others, but we all share that same love, that same child-like imaginative spark whenever we decide that we will dare enter the world of Harry Potter, yet splash just a touch of our own dreams to let it mingle and hopefully flourish. That is what it means to write fanfiction.

I do not know if Mike will ever be able to immerse himself so wholly into the Quest of Light like he was able to do so six years ago when he started it, full of ideas and with the daring idea that HBP was not to be ignored, but embraced. The idea that HBP was not a terrible starting point was a rather minority opinion at the time, many writers preferring to simply write another OotP spinoff where Harry cried for weeks over Sirius, or something like that.

It is hard to sometimes say why things go wrong, but in this case the reason is quite clear: The writer of this story met the love of his life, and to my great surprise and just the tiniest bit of secret relief, he did not manage to somehow configure a cyborg to look, sound, and behave exactly like Luna Lovegood. She is a wonderful woman who makes him very happy, and when things make you happy, truly happy, it is understandable to forget for awhile the things that came before.

I just wanted to take the time out of my morning, as weary as I am, to thank my great friend Mike for all of the hard effort he put into this fanfic, as well as all of the moments of friendship we had writing it. You don't know some of the best moments of your life until you have time to reflect, but for as unimportant and trivial as this fanfic is going to be for the rest of my life, the friendship that helped to forge it is certainly not. If this fanfic is to forever remain unfinished, I am content with that, because Mike gave me very fulfilling ending regardless of if this story ever has one, Thank you Mike.

Sorry for getting a bit sappy on you, but I figure you needed to hear, if only for one final time, for all of this website to see if they chose, that you created greatness. Flawed greatness, but greatness nonetheless.

Cheers mate,

Chris
Lord Cartwright chapter 9 . 9/5/2010
brilliant story can't wait for more!
IchigoVizard chapter 18 . 2/28/2010
thanks for the answers. i can't wait for the next two chapters, then.
IchigoVizard chapter 20 . 2/26/2010
2 questions. Are you ever gonna update again? And why is this marked as Harry/Luna if he's with Ginny? Nothing bugs a reader more than a false marked pairing, you know. I loathe Ginny, but this fic is too good to skip.
Shadows-Dreaming chapter 20 . 5/6/2009
eh-he... i like it. i'm wondering though... if its abandoned... can i have it?
moonpower02 chapter 2 . 1/13/2008
This is a great story. I can't wait to read more. I can't reealy tell so far as to if Harry Gets with Ginny or He gets with Luna. but any way keep up the great work.- Black ROse
EBCHPfan16 chapter 20 . 1/7/2008
I have stuck with this story from the begining, I have kept it on my favorites list waiting for the next chapter! Please continue the story! It's one of the best I've read on here!
Meteoricshipyards chapter 20 . 11/28/2007
You don't give Harry a break, do you. What about Tonks, Remus and the others, are they gone?

Glad to see this back in business. Exciting, as always. Poor Grangers.

Thanks for writing.

Tom A.
PhoenixFlight72 chapter 20 . 11/22/2007
good story, when you get the chance you might want to reread some chapters due to grammatical errors but quite captivating; harry's reactions to ginny also seem a bit non harry but he's consistant. Good story, you said there's only two chapters left?
TheRedPoet chapter 20 . 11/21/2007
I am, yet again, amazed by this fantastic fanfic.

It's been 8 months of waiting for this chapter and as long as more follow, I won't hesitate to say it was well worth it.

It is at times a bit confusing and unclear, but I daresay that's more because of me being tired than you being unclear. But if you have others saying the same thing, you might wanna check that out.

Moody died.. Damn you.. But I guess it was his time. Although I hoped for a more.. heroic hollywoodish death with all the cliches that follow.

Ah well, updated soon please, good job.
alienyouthct chapter 13 . 11/20/2007
Honestly, while the first ten chapters are so were exciting... it's just gotten boring now. Harry takes a step forward. Voldemort knocks him two steps back. Harry tries to take another step forward. His own stupidity gets him pushed two steps back. Oh, and the peripheral characters are floating around outside of the core battling group and come by to visit when he's not busy getting beaten up.

Sorry, but I've seen a lot of the general ideas in this fic done before and done better. Moving on now.