Reviews for Molten Time
Ranuel chapter 9 . 1/12/2010
I really enjoyed this one especially the appearance by Michael towards the end.
Zessa chapter 2 . 8/2/2009
Ok, It might have been mentioned before, but I can't continue. As much as the concept sounds fun, and I like your writing style, the obvious lack of research into the city of Chicago just throws me out of the story.

1. While Burnham is a real's one of a series of parks up and down the waterfront of Chicago. As opposed to how you made it sound, that it was the only one. All these parks were built after the fire on the junk they just threw into the lake. It's also normally a pretty safe area, since tourism is a major export in that area of Chicago.

2. The Chicago school system does not use numbers like the New York system.

I can forgive those two errors, but the error I cannot forgive, and consistently threw me out of the story was:

3. Lake Ontario. Chicago is on Lake MICHIGAN! I can even see where someone would mess up the other two things, but this one? Any website, wiki, google, would have that information. Any MAP would have this information.

As much as I'd like to continue reading, because dude, how cool is the idea of immortal Indy and Van Helsing taking on the world is just awesome. I can't keep reading when this lack of research implies a lack of caring in your stories.
Thistle of Liberty chapter 8 . 7/28/2009
Arch-angels... Wow. I love it.
Thistle of Liberty chapter 6 . 7/28/2009
I really like this. It IS dark but it is also interesting. I'll read on.
Zuzanny chapter 9 . 3/7/2009
I really liked how Michael was able to do what Gabriel couldn't. I kind of don't like it when the evil powers are more powerful than the God-sent ones. So thank you for not keeping it that way.
Starshine chapter 9 . 9/10/2007
Well, after looking into your work I definitely would recommend you to forget about fanfiction. Do you realize that you have full potential to write original stories? Your plots for the long works are thrilling, with twist and turns and a plenty of original characters. Your writing style is pleasant to read, and I would specially praise the way you describe - not the actual places and people, but the feeling about them.

The only thing you need to do it is... well, just set out and do it. Creating an original main character is awfully hard, it probably takes months to even begin to understand and like them. And the fanfic character are great and always there to use... The temptation is great, but hey, being writer is never easy. And you only learn by trying, because the basic structure of an original novel/story/whatever is very different from a fanfic, and the quality of descriptions, storyline and such needs to get polished 10 times more... But, of the many FFN writers, you are one I would definitely recommend trying. Im grateful for your wonderful stories, but it pains me to think your time and energy is given to something you can hardly take credit for.

Believe me, it can be done... I used to write childish Harry Potter stories on FFN, and than my favourite character died a useless death in book 5 and I took that as a cue to start creating my own ones. Now Im getting my short stories published. Not in English, he-he, though you could probably figure it out seeing my probably numerous mistakes. So - please take my advice seriously. Do try.

Sol chapter 9 . 8/25/2007
Aw, it was just as good and spine-tingling as I remembered it being! Lem, you ROCK at writing Indy and Van Helsing. Seriously.
Zarz chapter 9 . 8/10/2007
This is a really cool story! I love all the thought you've put into this, and your ideas about the differences in personality between Michael and Gabriel were really interesting. I've always pictured Michael more like Gabriel, a warrior, but loving people, and Gabriel as more a messenger than a warrior, but I also enjoyed the way you distinguished them. This was dark, but also really interesting. I loved the story, and I can't wait for more featuring Gabriel and any others he meets along his path.
Zarz chapter 1 . 8/10/2007
I love this fic already, but living near Chicago I have to mention something - Chicago's near Lake Michigan. Lake Ontario is almost the furthest away of the Great Lakes. Besides that, though, the story's great so far.
randomfreak-11189 chapter 9 . 6/2/2006
very good, please keep up the great stories, and thankyou for updating so soon!

claudia flies chapter 9 . 5/31/2006
This was apsolutely fantastic! A perfect ending to a wonderful story. I loved the link to Preditor. Very good work as always. This is an enjoyable series! Are there any plans for another? I truly hope so. :)
tristar3149 chapter 9 . 5/30/2006
Iloved this story and INdy and Gabreil always work out great. and with everything keep up on the great work.
Sailor Sol chapter 9 . 5/29/2006
Hurray! You tied it back to your other VH fics! So exciting! Hehehehe.

Hmm, quest for Atlantis, eh? *Smiles innocently*

Wonderful job though. Wonderful, wonderful. *Nods sagely*
Frostfyre7 chapter 9 . 5/29/2006
Ah, an end to another excellent story. As always, lovely work in characterization and theme. And kudos to you for not shying away from harsh subjects; much of this tale can't have been easy to write. :) I sincerely hope you plan to do more with Gabriel and his 'family.' It certainly makes up, in my book, for the fact that we will probably never have a Van Helsing sequel-and even if we did, I'm not sure it'd be nearly as good as your fics! :D
trecebo chapter 9 . 5/29/2006
Where is my clapping smilie? Bravo! A hard wrought story completed is worth a clap or three.

I did have one question. Is this:: The hunter laughed.

It was strange, the hunter reflected. Michael had never been... ::written correctly?

I mean, hunter is referenced twice. I had a fleeting thought you might have meant Indy for the second and merely Freuded hunter for it. Not a biggie but it threw me out of my line of reading...

Thanks for the great job on this. I did enjoy it despite the darkness of the story. I could see it play out in certain instances, much like a movie. There's a thought, eh?

59 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »