Reviews for Moral Compass
twinchaosblade chapter 6 . 5/3/2007
You are really writing wonderful fanfictions, Dr. Dredd!

I love your characterizations and well-planned stories. This was again a very well example for that. You have a very keen hand for the relations between the main characters, they simply rock!

The moral compass was a good dilemma and I could understand both sides and sometimes the arguments between Carson and Steve brought tears to my eyes when it got quite harsh at times.

The only minor disagreement I have with your characters is that I don't have such a negative picture about Caldwell. I think he's tough as nails but not unfeeling or just waiting to take over John's position.

Please keep up the good work and write more (Carson-centric) stories!
Dream Painter chapter 6 . 4/4/2007
That was SO good! By golly, how did you do it? I found myself wanting to disagree and agree and aggressively stand up for Carson, then concede Schwartz's view and... Long has it been since a fic has brought up so many conflicting emotions!

I said it once, I'll say it again-you are brilliant. I hope that one day something I write will be half as good!

Thanks, again.
Belisse chapter 6 . 10/22/2005
Aww that was nice and they Steve stayed. I like him and I really hope you keep bringing him in other fics. Liked that ending too, with John singing... wow, definitely something worth seeing.
pike2 chapter 6 . 10/22/2005
This was a good conclusion. I love the way you write Carson and I am looking foward to more :0)
ga unicorn chapter 6 . 10/21/2005
Excellent, excellent conclusion. Just the right amount of angst. I was happy that Carson and Steve were able to reach a middle ground with each other.

You always do such a good job of writing the characters, making them like the "real" characters (does that make sense?). But I love seeing them through OC's eyes. I'm looking forward to more!
Emma chapter 6 . 10/21/2005
Very nice, a satisfying conclusion. Schwartz is definitely one of the more well-rounded OCs.

The thing about Carson bringing the virus with him to Ellia's planet is morally/ethically ambiguous, as many people have pointed out, but at first I thought it was related to a security issue. They can't bring anyone with them back to Atlantis because it was supposedly destroyed, and Carson needed the virus with him for quick access while he was doing things like testing Ellia's blood against it. (That, and it was needed to move the plot forward. ;-)
rogue1503 chapter 6 . 10/20/2005
Terrific ending to a terrific story... this was pure gold, I thoroughly enjoyed it! - Thanks!

PS: Glad Steve didn't leave, would've missed him...
fififolle chapter 6 . 10/20/2005
*cheers and claps* *whistles loudly* Yeah! Brilliant. I LOVE Schwartz. And his hair. This was a very good, thoughtful, funny conclusion. Carson's moral compass, he's going to need one, for sure. SO glad Steve is staying. Poor old Carson, with his scotch and thoughts of Perna, bless him. Good old John and Rodney, what would we do without them? Many, many thanks for a terrific fic. I raise my glass to the chastened but happy team.
Admiral Lily chapter 6 . 10/20/2005
There's so many things I love about reading your fics but at the top of the list has to be how like the show they are. Each story can basically stand on it's own and yet you manage to connect them all together in the most subtle of ways. Like mentioning Sheppard's escape attempts that were discussed in the memos.

Yep, I'm a huge fan. :D

AL
Vecturist chapter 6 . 10/20/2005
Loved the epilogue. Nice Johnny Cash reference!
Kippling Croft chapter 5 . 10/11/2005
Yay Steve is staying. Please update soon.
Belisse chapter 5 . 10/10/2005
Ah, Carson cried a bit after all was over. I gotta say, I'm loving this story more and more with every chapter. Please conclude this with a gold star and very soon!
fififolle chapter 5 . 10/8/2005
Oh, Steve, what a guy! Cor, imagine dreaming such brilliant advice! Totally excellent chapter. Carson breaking was an incredible moment. Fantastic work here. Can't wait for next installment, but almost scared at how intense it might be...
rogue1503 chapter 5 . 10/8/2005
This is so much better than the episode! wish you had been the script writer! - truly superb - I know it has to end, but please, stretch it a little more - I'm not ready to give this comfortable read up yet, it's too good!
Espiritu chapter 5 . 10/7/2005
Dex as Worf-snort! LOL

I loved how Carson had a bit of a breakdown when he thought no one was looking. So apt. You know he feels major guilt no matter what Shep told him. Great job.
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »