Reviews for Things Normal
redcherryamber chapter 1 . 3/26/2011
I read this on Decayed Cotton Candy's recommendation, and she's right - it's wonderful.

Raw and convincing emotion from Reno and Rude - and a completely believable reaction to guilt and helplessness in the face of it.

"Pretend to care, he says in a whisper, half-drunk still, but half sane"... Just tragic.
flecksofpoppy chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
...This is so good, it makes me sick. In fact, your fic made me physically HURT.

First of all, without a DOUBT, this is the BEST post-plate drop fic I've EVER read. Your characterization of Reno is spot on perfect, and the added idea that he goes back to the same spot over and over to re-live his own tragedy is just...an amazing idea, and a terribly heart breaking one. What's great though, is at the same time, I'm sitting here going, "Well damn, does he deserve it?" It's just so fucking tragic.

And then, for me, the beautiful icing on top of this MAGNIFICENT fic, is that it's Reno/Rude. They are my favorite pairing, and it's hard to find good fic for them. I can't believe this was published back in 2005 and I've never seen it. Oh yes, and of course, the fact you write it from Rude's POV is so wonderful.

"There's only the hum of the AC in the vents and me and a laptop, still broken as it has been for the past several months. Normal things. Ordinary things." These lines...ugghh...you made my heart hurt in the best way possible. Man.

I haven't read something that hit me this hard in a long time. I'm so glad I found it.
Junipertree chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
I really liked how it came full circle in the end, implying that they do this all the time... Yeah, nice fic.
bscl43 chapter 1 . 10/9/2006
this is great, just fuck raw and amazing.
Mystery Reviewer chapter 1 . 7/24/2006
Aw man, you hit me with that good. All that hate and Reno trying to cope - brilliant. You made them so human.

'If we're unlucky, we'll be called in within the hour, armed and ready to make some more hate.'

That really got me. So did the repeat at the end. A vicious cycle... Thanks for writing this. :)
lazaefair chapter 1 . 5/30/2006
Wow. After I read Epitaph I was all, "How would Atreylune treat the subject of Reno basically committing mass homicide? That's something really angsty right there!" And here it is. Brilliantly done.
yllom21 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
Wow, very interesting perspective on Reno! Most people view him as a humor charecter, I like how you made Reno deep! Nicely written and excellent job.
Jen chapter 1 . 3/11/2006
Geez...your stories depress me, but they are so wonderfully written I can't help but continue reading your fics. If you can make turks depressing, what'll happen when you actually start writing fics for the actual angsty characters?
Gerald Tarrant Rocks My Socks chapter 1 . 10/18/2005
Wow. It was certainly different, but I really love it. You have a great writing style.
Elendraug chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
flkdgj That was so cool. SO COOL. In character and twisted and sick and beautiful and painful and oh look I'm faving two of your fics within twenty-four hours of each other.

Love. So much love.

Thank you.
untitled-documents chapter 1 . 10/2/2005
That was well written and just... great. I loved it!
Lady Papillon Rose chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
Well just shit. That was awesome. That said, I'm depressed AGAIN and it's all your fault. ::sigh::
whatevergirl chapter 1 . 9/20/2005
aww, so sweet! i love them two together! and you wrote it very incely ... although i got a bit confused with where they were speaking, but nevermind, 'twas very good! :)
BUTTEREDROSIE chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Damn! This is really deep! I love it! It's also kinda sad, though... Makes me wanna go give reno/rude a BIG GLOMP! Keep up the good work, I can't wait 'till your next fic!
sylverskyz chapter 1 . 9/19/2005
Wow. Just, wow. That was amazing, so well written, so bittersweet. I think the way you wrote it in Rude's POV was simply awesome. The cycle and routine was well shown. For some reason, the ending jerked a tear from me, maybe I'm just a wuss like that. Anyway, very well done, there just aren't enough Reno x Rude fics out there.