Reviews for Mixing It Up
bec chapter 1 . 9/23/2012
Loved it. I loved the development of D/S and the conclusion that he is is not ready yet, but he will be. Ergo, there needs to be another sequel. Great writing. I love when things go wrong for Daniel, and the hurt /comfort genre. Well done.
Chas58 chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Well done, really well done! Bravo!
pstibbons chapter 1 . 5/19/2009

Best lines:

And while she’d had a healthy respect for the archaeologist’s incredible intellect, nothing had prepared her for the sight of him standing amidst a group of natives, dressed as they were in flowing natural-toned robes, looking at her with bemused confusion.

“You taste just like I always thought you would.”

“Your conscience speaks much too loudly.”

“Permission to speak freely, sir.”

Jack sighed. “We’re on vacation, Carter.”

Sam blinked. “Permission to speak freely, sir.”

Okay, he wasn’t walking away from this one unscathed.

“Do you honestly understand how you hurt him?... Sometimes when you harp on him, I can see him mentally rocking back from the blows... You are Daniel’s best friend. Your opinion means the world to him.’re the one most likely to lash out, whether you mean it or not.”

Why have you been withdrawing from Daniel? Do you realize that you’ve been more than ready to criticize him when he makes a mistake, but I can’t remember when the last time was that you gave him a compliment?

“You really don’t remember me ever complimenting Daniel? No pats on the back, no job well done?”

“Not ever. Just not lately,” Sam clarified.

“But I have for you and Teal’c?”

“Yes, sir,” was the quiet answer.

“I didn’t even realize it was happening,”

The rest of the meal went along the same lines, Daniel was amused to note. Anytime he had a problem, Jack practically jumped out of his skin to fix it. And he’d never received so many compliments from the usually close-lipped man - at least when it came to praise - than he had in the two hours ... It was times like these that the brown-haired linguist was reminded that Jack O’Neill had grown up Catholic. This inclination toward working off his penance advertised it more effectively than a lit-up billboard in the middle of an overpass.

Daniel had merely allowed it with an innocence that anyone who didn’t know him would assume meant he was oblivious. His friends knew better.

“I’ll just get Sam to protect me.” He grinned smugly.

“Do you have no shame, Daniel? Hiding behind a woman?” Jack’s lips twitched upward.

“Not just any woman. A well-trained, genius-level, extremely lethal Air Force major. I’d be a fool not to.”

The two of them grinned at the memory of Jack spilling his beer in his lap thanks to the last amorous attempt by the museum lady to show him some cleavage. She left quickly thereafter in an offended huff when Jack used that cleavage to plant the bottle so he could use both hands to clean up the mess.

“I thought those kinds of thoughts when I first laid eyes on you.” Daniel blinked in amazement as she continued. “But I put them aside when Sha’re... staked her claim before we left to see the cartouche.” Sam smiled. “That was some kiss, Daniel. And I got her message loud and clear: back off, he’s mine!”

(I really hate Sha're for that kiss - am I the only S/D shipper to think so?)

“I won’t make you wait forever. I promise you that. When I can look at you and really see your beauty; when I can think of you and how much I enjoy being with you; when I can touch you and marvel at how soft your skin is; when I can hear your voice, hear you say my name and revel in the warm feelings it produces... When I can do all that without guilt being my first reaction, then I’ll be ready to try to move on.”

And it’s not fair to you to move ahead in our relationship, wherever it may end up, until I can honestly say that you come first. You deserve that, Sam. You are far too special to have guilt and grief rank above you in anyone’s thoughts.”

“Do you know how much havoc it’s going to cause on base when it gets out those two are taken? Two of the most desirable, eligible personnel the SGC has to offer, taken off the list by pairing off together. The lamentation of the entirety of Fraiser’s nursing staff alone is going to cause a set back of monumental proportions. There’ll be a riot.”
Pagan Twylight chapter 1 . 5/21/2007
That was lovely. Although I write Sam/Lantash/Martouf, Sam/Daniel are my next favorite pairing. I hope you are still writing them.
Dreamer22 chapter 1 . 5/17/2006
haha I love the way Jack is making everything up to Daniel! tehe great job. I also like the conversation between both Jack & Daniel and Daniel & Sam and that D&S are going to take it slow as Daniel is still getting over the death of Sha're, and Jack and Teal'c's reaction to seeing their team mates together was fantastic, I love it!
Strumwulf chapter 1 . 1/3/2006
Good story. I like how you set up the D/S pairing. Jack doing Penance was good as well.