Reviews for A Flicker and a Shadow
TheEndofTag chapter 3 . 1/20/2010
wow!...this is creepy but damn you took my breath away...it is sad that they never were together...only in death then they are together...to sad..but at least they were buried together...i am sure that their soul is holding hands somewhere up in the clouds...again you really did an amazing job on this story!...totally love it!
Bloodied Wings chapter 3 . 7/31/2007
OMFG! This was. Stunning. I'm in awe. You've literally sent me to tears. This was so BEAUTIFUL and TRAGIC. It's amazing. I don't know how you did it, but Seishirou was so believable, I can actually see him acting like that to Subaru's death. I've read so many fics where he's completely without remorse and while I do enjoy them, they've always somehow disappointed me. This is great. I haven't read anything this good in a very long while.
Lemonysh chapter 3 . 4/1/2007
seems right

Hokuto was smarter than she let one, well serves the Sakurazukamori right! he should be angsting, not Subaru! (though...)

anyway, nice, very nice fic!
highjynx chapter 3 . 7/10/2006
As usual, I'm absolutely speechless after reading your fics especially the ending. I couldn't think of a better one. Brilliant job.
Kara Marie chapter 3 . 6/15/2006
This is absolutely gorgeous.

I'm in a state of complete speechlessness!

Ok, first of all, it's absolutely revolting... The very details of everything are horribly close to truth... The way you wrote this made me want to rip MY own skin and hide in some dark corner, because of its mere dirtiness. Brilliant style, brilliant way of expressing this. A beautiful piece, just in the form and the words.

Second of all, the STORY... Seishirou going mad because of Subaru's death... bringing his spirit back to the living world... Brilliant. I loved it! And it's dark and disturbing in the way only a good story could be. An ingenius piece of work, I really loved it!

PS: It is only proper that they should be buried together :) Perhaps, like in that old legend of Tristan and Yseult, the flowers that grow on their graves will entwine together like the true lovers never could in life... And no matter how many times you cut them, they always grow entangled, in a long-desired and never accomplished embrace.
yumemi chapter 3 . 5/23/2006
ah, how the might have fallen...a befitting end

well done
Tankyasue chapter 3 . 3/27/2006
I really like how you ended this, even if it is a little sad. It's nice that you did this chapter in Lady Sumeragi's POV. You've captured her character very well. Though she clearly has many traditional values, you also she that she does actually care about Subaru. I find that she's often portrayed as being overly harsh or even downright evil in most fanfiction, so your characterization is refreshing.

Of course, I also love how you portray Seishirou as well. It's rare to see him display so much weakness, and yet in the situation it seems appropriate. I especially like the part at the end where he's so wrapped up in Subaru to notice that Lady Sumeragi is even in the room.
lee chapter 1 . 3/23/2006
wow that was wonderful. i didnt really llike the ending that much but i really and i mean really liked the subaru and seishirou part. it was so sad but yet so sweet. i wanted to cry.
EarnestInBerlin chapter 3 . 3/22/2006
This is creepy...

Romantic... in a twisted Tokyo Bablyon kind of way...

If I had more thumbs... I'd give thousands of thumbs, you're just too beautiful.
EarnestInBerlin chapter 2 . 3/10/2006
YOU CANNOT END IT LIKE THAT
jane chapter 1 . 3/9/2006
wow. pretty nice. the story is so sad. cry. i cant wait to reasd the next chapter so i commend u to update. stack fist in rage. gr. update
0ri chapter 2 . 2/5/2006
Very very interesting, sad, dramatic; Quite difficult to comprehend as well. I can't wait to see you update. :3
Tankyasue chapter 2 . 12/12/2005
It's interesting to see how messed up Seishirou's become after Subaru's death. Subaru usually seems to be the one in denial, but in this fic this obviously is not the case. While you show a side of Seishirou that is rarely displayed in fanfiction, I find him extremely believable.
Ruth chapter 2 . 11/21/2005
Wow, your storytelling is gorgeous as always. And jsut when you think, things can't get any bleaker, the last sentence hits you where it hurts.
Tankyasue chapter 1 . 10/7/2005
The writing style for this piece is beautiful (of course, this applies to all of your works as well). You describe the setting in a way that made it very easy to 'see' what it would have been like to be there. I don't often get the chance to see Seishirou portrayed so vulnerably in fanfiction, but you did a lovely job. I find your portrayal of Fuuma very believable. He was just so apathetic and uncaring towards Seishirou. I like how Subaru's ghost is watching over Seishirou, even after death. It shows the sympathetic nature of his character.