Reviews for First Impressions
nekochan1994 chapter 7 . 9/12/2014
Ignoring the movie, what are your reasons for not having any of the non-goblin subjects present?
nekochan1994 chapter 6 . 9/12/2014
why 10 years? That's not very long for Fae, is it?
nekochan1994 chapter 5 . 9/12/2014
Thank you for not killing Bran.

I bet Toggle will have a few things to say if he ever learns about Hoggle & Jareth's relationship.

YEAH BADASS JARETH!
nekochan1994 chapter 4 . 9/12/2014
Yup. A beautiful friendship. And Jareth is a damn good leader!
nekochan1994 chapter 3 . 9/12/2014
1.) the start of a beautiful friendship

2.) LOL I could just feel Sarah wanting to tear her hair out at his stupidity for announcing his father's name XD
nekochan1994 chapter 2 . 9/12/2014
this sounds awesome
Decollage chapter 4 . 10/25/2009
Iron- very classic. Beautifully done. Also interesting to see the 'race relations' of sidhe fae and smallfolk.
Decollage chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
My- fae seem to be extremely Welsh. But I love the idea of the world having a depth beyond that of a fifteen year old's fantasy, and of Jareth having a backstory that doesn't seem utterly reliant on his being played by David Bowie. Hurrah, my friend, hurrah.
Anonymous chapter 7 . 4/21/2009
no matter how many times I read this, I never tire of this story, You are a very prolific writer. I love the contents of your story.
magialuna chapter 1 . 2/17/2009
This is beautiful, I love it. So telling of a beginning of a friendship and also of character. Wonderful.-Clare
Icklekins chapter 7 . 8/6/2008
Ok, that makes a little more sense.

XD

Now I think I'm going to have to read your other fic, just to see where this was all going. Damn you and your clever lines, wrapping me up and making me want more...
Icklekins chapter 6 . 8/6/2008
Excellent ending, though brief! I would only ask, why don't we see any of the sidhe in the movie, or, is that only because they exist outside of Sarah's perspective? Do we only see in them in the ball, or are they really there? Perhaps you can't actually answer these questions, but still, it would be nice to know since you crafted the world so well, you might be able to craft an answer also.
Icklekins chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
Noo... don't kill Bran, that's just not fair! (Gosh, feel a little childish there, but ha, I said it so it's all right.) Well, anyway, it does kind of explain why Jareth is kind of restless, why he has puzzles to keep his mind entertained, why he knows everything that goes on. It would also explain the crazy eyes, but I think they were crazy before that too... anyway, still in love with the story.
Icklekins chapter 4 . 8/6/2008
Your description of the mountain, and also providing a weakness for an entire race, is a very clever move. I also wouldn't have expected the details of a poisoning, which were very nice.

I also appreciate the ending scene, with Jareth completely dying and Bran finding him and calling him fool - even if he had been so proud before.
Icklekins chapter 3 . 8/6/2008
Butterbur, innkeeper, really? Am I the only one to notice the LotR connection, or, did you name him after a daisy and 'accidentally' give him the same profession as another Butterbur?

Must say also, I love this line: “After a thousand years, even hatred cools. And you are not your father.”