Reviews for Protector
protector... tragic... but nice
justasiamsam chapter 1 . 5/12/2016
Beautiful and tragic.
Hime no Senshi chapter 1 . 2/1/2014
Nice story, very sweet... But Sasuke died?! And someone plucked his eyeballs out?! O_o
smiley95 chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
ooooh!

me likey :3!
Animeaddict666 chapter 1 . 3/14/2010
Stunning imagery and a fantastic theme. I really loved the counterpoint of Naruto's POV at the end and when he was thinking how he can't "smile and laugh and be what his sensei deserves". Something about that phrase just painted the picture of Naruto as trying too hard and forcing it, fake it til you make it kind of thing. It really drove home the pain of it, the damage. I loved the story and thanks for sharing.
terrorofthehighway chapter 1 . 12/24/2009
Wow.

I like the way it loops back, and, yes, it is disturbing, especially the way Naruto starts to sound like Kakashi in the end: sort of dead.

I don't understand what you mean by Orochimaru deciding that he has more than one use for Sasuke, and killing Sasuke- I would have thought that meant some breeding program.

If they could bring Sasuke's body back, why need Kakashi pull out Sasuke's eyeballs?
Katseng chapter 1 . 3/31/2009
It's absolutely lovely.

These lines didn't quite make sense to me, though (well, the first more than the second):

"He's saving the last shred of self left to the gutted body lying there in a puddle of blood and severed intestines on the stone floor. The boy's most treasured possessions."

The boy's most treasured possessions are his intestines? O_o

Thank you for sharing!

~Kat
crimsonstain chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
It's a little sad...But I like it. Great job.
shattered-words chapter 1 . 1/9/2009
dark, disturbing, sorrowful, but still leaves an impact that makes it good.
hA-UkA chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
A good realistic warped future in a solid work.
creativesm75 chapter 1 . 10/25/2007
angsty, deep and VERY emotive...
veggiefan2 chapter 1 . 10/22/2007
For anyone who doesnt know why Kakashi took Sasuke's Sharingans out, it's because anyone else who got their hands on it would be a potential danger to the villages and Kakashi obviously didn't want that. Sharingan is powerful, people have been trying to get their hands on it for ages. Kakasi would know this best of all, since he didn't inherit his. Anyway, this was a very angsty, very well thought out story, I could tell that you thought about what the Sound mission would turn out like, as we all have. Alternate endings are unavoidable at this point. Some people simply aren't happy with the way things have or may turn out. You obviously hope that it will be angsty, because it can't all turn out good in the end. And you're right. It should be sad, and it should be gruesome because something has to give with Team 7. At least, I think so. Loved it. Hope you write more Team 7 angst again soon.

Ja'ne.
Eldr-Fire chapter 1 . 5/16/2007
Morbid, yes, but very good. I'm a little confused as to why Kakashi would remove Sasuke's eyes, but... ::shrugs::
tommytom chapter 1 . 4/7/2007
it was good. i liked how you painted the sroundings when kakashies killed saska. but all in all it was kinda morbid
cg2006 chapter 1 . 4/6/2007
ohkay...

lol. Yeah, that was morbid alright. I..tried not to use my imagination. half worked...stil imagined orochimaru digging out sasuke's eyeballs.. O_o and trying not to puke... lol. why am i laughing after reading a morbid story? Sheesh, okay, found a second condition.. sigh..