Reviews for The Edges of Things
LoyaulteMeLie chapter 1 . 4/14
Extremely poignant. Sometimes it really does take a sharp shock like that to make you realize what's important - and what you may be in danger of losing...
Bamboo Pug chapter 1 . 11/14/2005
a very moving fiction...i enjoyed it but it moved me deeply.
HalfshellVenus chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
Melancholy and complete. I can see Trip stalling over that letter over and over- some 15 years later.

Perfect just as it is. Looking at a review below, I really resent requests from reader to post "non-slash" versions of slash stories.

The motivations and feelings are not the same in non-slash stories. One is the author's story... the other is something the author did not want/intend to write.

Rather than complaining about it (and how much more mild could the slash be than in this story?), skip it.

Personally, I'd much rather have a MarySue filter, or a HouseCameron filter. But I don't write to authors asking them to de-romance their HouseCameron stuff.
GallyGee chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
Ah, this was quite, quite wonderful. I had to pause a moment when I reached the end.

I was there with Trip, all the way, thoroughly grounded in whatever he is experiencing. I love your use of language - it is precise, yet poetic and still I can believe it is Trip's voice.

There are some fabulous lines in this - too many to list.

This is one I particularly liked:

"The edges of things, Trip thought. Some do fade with time, others get crisper, the feelings sharper."

Thank you for posting this.
spootycup chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
That was sweet and really good.. i liked it a lot
Rinne chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Well written.
Hisster chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Wonderful. Very touching and deep.
volley chapter 1 . 9/21/2005
Well, I read this because it said very mild slash and I like your style. The story is nice and well written. Still, I don't like slash and just wish authors, when possible, like in short stories of this kind, posted two versions... forgive me if I suggest this; but it seems there are so many slash and so few friendship stories...

Beautiful writing, anyway.