Reviews for Ghost in the Shell
Switchblade237 chapter 6 . 9/24/2006
I wholeheartedly support your image of Vlad fighting off ghosts with a broom. That is by far the most hilarious mental image I've ever had! Anyway... actual review. So far I like your plotline, and have little to no idea where it's going - which is a good thing. I really, really want to know what happens! Your characterization is well done, as well.

... Long live Danny Phantom! ...Wait...

Geez, this is a boring review! Sorry! Love your fic! Bye!
Sirithiliel chapter 6 . 7/6/2006
sounds like fun! can't wait for more!
sirsparklepants chapter 3 . 6/22/2006
In reference to 3: We should start a campaign. In every fanfiction that features Vlad, he should be beating off ghosts with a broom. Maybe Nick will take notice and give the people what they want. And you know what? If they ever do, I'll join you. Because that sight is just utterly Danny Phantom, and for that matter Butch Hartman, through and through. Plus, seeing the sophisticated rick dude beat off ghosts with a broom is just DAMN funny.

Number 6: I know you got Vlad down. In my experience with rich people, which is quite extensive seeing that most of them are related to me rather closely, there are three types. Vlad fits into the "slightly-eccentric-but still-fiendishly-smart" mold very nicely. He reminds me of my Italian uncle. What's really scary is that they even look alike. Except Renato can COOK. (I met him when my aunt was dating him, can't really call him 'uncle', it's too weird. He's stepfather to my older cousins.)

And you have two number sevens. That's all I wanted to say, so I'll leave you alone and away from my ramblings for now.
SolaCatella chapter 6 . 4/6/2006
Wow, this fic's awesome. I love your character interplay, and I got the Latin joke once I stopped to consider the possibility of puns. (Then I had an inner rant on the possibility of using versipellis instead, but that's neither here nor there.) Alas, in my Latin class, we're sadly devoid of puns. We're mostly restricted to Rhyme Time in Certamen, whence some amazing phrases have come to life ('Tarquin's shark wins' comes to mind). I'm definitely going to watch this one for the possibility of an update!
Asilla chapter 6 . 2/21/2006
hehe! very good story! lol! Skulker hunting a mouse? all of the fun touches just makes it that much better! This really is good. and I can't wait to see what the ghosts have planned for Danny. hmm update soon please! I'm faving thing! ;)

p.s. update soon! lol
Zuzanny chapter 6 . 2/16/2006
So where is the rest of this, HM? Very enjoyable. :)
1no longer a member1 chapter 6 . 2/9/2006
Wow! This is awesome! (Why did I just now find this?) I'd like to see how this one turns out! X3
Miss Selarne chapter 6 . 2/9/2006
How on earth did you get Norway from a sexy troll!

I was in Latin club once. Then I moved to a place and they don't offer it. Its a dead language, why learn it?
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 6 . 2/9/2006
“Wouldn’t it be awesome if this was the Ultimate Enemy? Oh, but what are the chances of oh my god it’s Clockwork”.

XD

Technus, as Jazz had reported, was playing around with the files.

And playing solitaire.

Which he was managing to lose at.

THEY SHOULD PUT THAT IN AN EPISODE! XD
Andromeda14 chapter 3 . 2/8/2006
Damn you! I was going to go to bed at maybe 1:15, after seeing if there even WAS Danny Phantom fic on here...

Oh lordy. THOUSANDS. I found yours on the first page. The concept sounded... intriguing, so I gave it a shot, despite being nervous (heck, all the other fandoms I'm in that have overflowing categories on here tend to have really bad fic as the majority, so that's not surprising).

Damn you! It's now 2 AM and I'm still not in bed. I favorited you and the story though, so after I'm finished being completely bemused by the College Algebra test tommorow (When the hell am I going to use Absolute Value? WHEN?), I'll try and read past chapter 3.

So far... well, I've only seen about four episodes of the show (so I will likely completely suck as far as knowing many details about canon. Never even heard of Vlad yet - I think the episodes I'm watching were reasonably early ones, but not REALLY early, because two had villains that had apparently been there before; Technus in the video game episode and Ember in "Pirate Radio"), but it immediately grew on me after I saw the episode with Bertram and Spectra (it was that moment of confused, flustered angst when Spectra's talking to him about how being half-ghost is freaky. It totally got to me. TOTALLY.), and the characters very definitely have a *definite* way of speaking and certain mannerisms that are quite well-defined, and I must say, as far as characterization goes? From what I can tell... you totally and utterly rock at it. I don't say that to just anybody in ANY fandom, either. I'm always quick to point out lines that don't sound right and stuff (my Inner Editor refuses to let me be if it's really off), or if certain things seem odd or cliche...

None of it seems off, and none of it seems cliche (although this is the first Danny Phantom fanfic I've read, so I have no idea if certain things might be DP fandom cliches or not, I'll admit. None of it SEEMS like it would be a cliche, though. It's enjoyable and not at all dorky, except in the spots where it's supposed to be :P). The Danny/Sam stuff threw me a bit, but I just kind of assumed that that was eventually canon or something and I just haven't seen those episodes/the movie yet and don't know it (seeing as having been a casual watcher of Kim Possible and finding out that Kim/Ron is actually canon in the KP movie, which I totally did not expect, I really can't trust my Subtextometer sometimes :P Or maybe it's the writers I can't trust, depending on the show...).

But the dialogue - at least for the characters I'm familiar with - seems spot-on. My only complaint is that there's a bit too much exposition, especially at first. Don't get me wrong, the Vlad stuff filled in some real blanks for me, but the Prologue mostly felt unnecessary (despite not having seen any episode that had any explanation of it beyond the opening theme's). However, I'm used to semi-skimming exposition, and you had some really amusing turns of phrase and characterizations and such, so I didn't mind too awfully much.

Also: grammar and spelling. They're very good in this fic. If you've been on this site for long, you know exactly what I find this to be a relief. :P Thank you.

I will say this about your theory: in the theme song, despite the double helix merging with ectoplasm visual, what it SAYS is "his *molecules* got all rearranged", and I did not entirely assume that it only could have bee referring to DNA, actually, myself. For instance, the most common molecule in the human body is the water molecule. I have no idea whatsoever if this has any bearing or not on your theory, though. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case nobody else had. Or something. Did I mention it's 2 AM?

One minor quibble: try to keep the responses to reviews down to a small number when they aren't specifically referring to plot points and such. Please? Because the fic is good enough that even though I'm a stickler for reading author's notes (and did find some interesting or amusing tidbits in your ANs), I really wanted to get to the story! Which means it's good, obviously, or I wouldn't be so damn impatient.

The only other thing that sticks out in my mind is the fact that the kids actually curse here. I know. They're fourteen. They should, once in a while. It'd be normal, it's the way teens talk (at least when they can get away with it). But in the show, they don't, and it kinda threw me to see them curse in a fic. It's silly, though, and since you don't have them cursing all that often so far, it's a really, really small quibble.

You are REALLY GOOD with dialogue, though (the "what the hell" did not seem that out of place, despite the cursing). And little humorous touchs. And you modeled a ghost on the Thestrals! I'm really glad I favorited this. XD And I'm even more glad that I discovered this first. Usually when I discover one of my supposedly "obscure fandoms" has a lot of stories on FFN, I find that most of them suck and are OOC, especially for dialogue. This was, again, my first time reading a Danny Phantom fic. I am unbelievably - and I mean UNBELIEVABLY - happy that it was a good first time! ;) I'd offer you a cig, but you're underage and I don't smoke anyway (and yes, I'm a dork for making that kind of joke. In my defense, it's now closing in on 2:30 AM :P).

Oh! But, there was a typo in the first chapter/prologue. I almost forgot(the fic was that enjoyable, hehe)! You typed, in the beginning section, "bow" instead of "boy", when the Box Ghost is swooping at Danny. It's annoying when errors like that seep in, isn't it? Because spellcheck never catches them. :P Anyway, you might wanna fix that.

All in all, a great little fic that made me very happy and makes me hear the characters in my head saying the lines - always a very good sign! Very enjoyable. I look VERY much forward to reading chapter 4! :D

-Andromeda
Ghostboy814 chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
I really like your writing style so far, even though I happen to respectfully disagree with a couple of your theories. I beleive that when Danny got electrocuted by the portal, he never came into direct contact with incorporeal ectoplasm, rather ectoplasmic energy. This energy would probably be sufficient to alter his molecular structure such that his shadow (a concept introduced in Jungian psychology referring to a person's center for irrational thought) could manifest itself via his ghost form. After all, what are ghosts but imprints of a departed person's soul with unfinished business on our plane of existence? After a person's death, a persons deepest, most private, unfulfilled desires that would qualify as unfinished business would probably reside in their shadow. If that's the case, then ghosts are the manifestations of the only remainder of a departed soul's mind, the irrational part containing their unfulfilled desires-their shadow. The essence of Danny Phantom is Danny Fenton's shadow that was able to manifest itself via the sudden infusion of energy into Danny's molecular structure.

Anyway, the first chapter is really awesome, and I can't finish this review fast enough so that I can get to reading the rest already!
Magome-Asakura chapter 1 . 2/7/2006
Hi. I'm Magome Asakura, you may remember me as someone who reviewed...already. Yesh. That makes sense ;). Wells, lets see, this story is spiffy, the writing is spiffy, therefore, I deduce that, this, has, too, many, commas, and you, are, infact, spiffy. Keen beans, ehs? Keep it up because you got something everyone wants, Talent and the ability to spell 'the'.

Sweell work!
Alexnandru Van Gordon chapter 5 . 2/5/2006
Oh man, I just love the conversations-inner mind and with anybody around. You rock at that! ANd now I'll wait quietly in the corner until you find the time and energy to write yet another magnificent chapter...I hope to see you soon.

-Standing ovation

-Alexnandru Van Gordon
dArkliTe-sPirit chapter 5 . 2/5/2006
Danny Fenton would have been killed by Danny Phantom after the ghost fused his essence with that of Vlad Plasmius and went absolutely bonkers.

Did I just use ‘bonkers’ during an internal monologue?

XD Sorry I've missed some chapters(hits self on the head w/a mallet)! You have a point about the whole loophole thing...and I can see all the ghosts doing that. Well, done, KUTGW.
Miss Selarne chapter 5 . 2/5/2006
You know what, I can't even remember half the episodes right now so I'm kinda lost. But I figure that since I've watched them all (I think) I'll make it. Glad to know I'm not the only one who still watches cartoons. But your whole theory on Memory Blank, confusing. And I had no idea that they were making a third movie. You know what, I'm only responding to your ANs. Weird.

HAHA! I'm not the only smart person who took the SAT in 7th. Got almost 1200 on it too. Wonder what I got this year. Stupid results aren't being mailed till the 24th. I want to know now! Eh, I think I'm done now.

Ok, now about the story. Glad you picked it back up. And hope you get the next chapter out. Time for some action!