Reviews for He Never Looked Back
Elizabeth chapter 1 . 10/26/2012
i love this story so much! it's literally in my top 3 favorites ever, if not my top favorite.. i think i've reviewed before but it was years ago and so i just want to pop in and let you know that i still think this story is awesome and you are a terrific writer. this is my official headcanon for the episode now and i'm still trying to convert everyone i know! i think my favorite part is when Daniel comes out of the air vents in Carter's office.. the only question i have is WHAT WERE THEY TALKING ABOUT DURING THAT SCENE?! lol
if you could be at all enticed or inspired to write a little drabble about that or even just to pm and let me know what you were thinking i would probably die from happinesss.. thank you so much again for posting this!
dp chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
As jack would say- sweet! A good quick read. Good Exx
contrarymotion chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
Loved the characterization in this story. Especially the end when Jack figured it out.
Ellie 5192 chapter 1 . 8/12/2010
Brilliant. No other word for it. You took the episode, took the looks and the phrases and the history between these characters and wrote the best 'analysis-of-the-team-dynamics' story I've ever read. The way you pick apart their knowledge of each other, and the way you give each of them so much credit, especially Sam, is just marvelous. I can't believe people would believe anything but this version of events.

After having known my best friends for three years I could pinpoint exactly what they were thinking, how they would say something, and what I should say, even if they made it seem like they didn't want to talk. Loe and behold, the right buzz-words and they spilled their guts. For people to assume that the same dynamics wouldn't work on SG-1 just because they're a 'military team' or some such rubbish, makes me laugh.

You've taken that one step further. You dived so deeply into their relationships (and particularly the one between Sam and Jack) that I've now read this story five times, and each time it gives me more. Each time is better than the last. I hadn't read it for a year, but I remembered the point it made so vividly I had to come back and let you know just how much I admire your work.

Thank you. Truly this is the best episode tag I've read.

Ellie.
pain in the mikta chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Impressive!

Very nice tag to a fab ep of mine: thanks!
Zoser chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
One of the best Shades of Grey tags I've read.

I love your take on the subject - it makes sense!
sharp2799 chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
I read this, then scrolled up and read it again. LOVED strong and intelligent Sam and when Jack *realized* what she had done-I just loved it.
themis.ceres chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
I love this piece, I mean it's totally on my top five favorites. There are quite a few stories out there that deal with 'Shades of Grey' but your unique take on it makes what would otherwise be a painful episode bearable and truly fantastic. You hit on all the best (and right) points.

I love stories that are able to depict the "team-y-ness" of SG-1. I also love the credit you give to Sam. In so many stories she's just a weepy woman who depends entirely on Jack. Your Sam, even as of season three, could have taken control of SG-1.. Tough, strong, brilliant, and an apex (or even thee apex) of the team.

Unfortunately, I only have this one opportunity to review so I want to get it all in! Lol, I've read it so many times.. :) I just get goosebumps every time, there's just some je ne sais pas that you manage to capture that allows it to stay fresh.

I just have one question because it was so cute and my imagination totally ran away from me but.. When Daniel comes out of the air vent? and Teal'c comes running in? Were they trying to warn her about Jack coming or did it have something to do with the stock pile of weapons and tech they pilfered?

Anyway, I just love this story and you're a great writer so I really hope you do more just like these.. Thank you so much for putting this out there!
megmeyer chapter 1 . 12/11/2006
Very nice! I liked the look into why it seemed so easy for them to carry on as usual. Just found this (after I found your other story!)
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 8/14/2006
Nice one! Particularly the last few lines...made me laugh...
Dawns Heart chapter 1 . 8/11/2006
I love your reasoning. So many people seemed to accept that SG1 could not have known Jack was not betraying them...but after 3 years, where they became not just a hell of a team but a real family? Not likely. Even less likely was actually drawing straws, unless they thought something was up. It was wonderful to read a story with that view. Especially, a well written one! :D
shipperchick chapter 1 . 4/23/2006
wow. this is... breathtaking. i explained away the rest of sg1's behaviour in shades of grey with the thought that the distance made sense, after edora, but it leaves something unsatisfying and nagging behind - a something that you pulled and stretched until we saw the plot holes all too clearly. i love this. love the cadence of it, the way his disapointment is matched up to her dawning awareness, how the two pace each other until the realization hits. the reality of her making that choice; the team over everything else, and the way she has to make that choice - based on personal knowledge alone, no empiric evidence: a very very hard thing for someone like carter to do, that really hit me as masterful.

all in all, fantastic. loved it. definitely going in my favorite stories.
KaylaKML chapter 1 . 10/23/2005
Good chap!
Banner chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Marvellous.

That has to be one of the very best tags to "Shades of Grey" that I've ever seen.
Natters chapter 1 . 9/23/2005