Reviews for The Goon’s Guide to Rest and Relaxation
KitsuneHi13 chapter 1 . 1/26/2006
LMAO Radek? A hero? lol Yup, McKay sure was pissed. Especially that his vacation was ruined. XD Poor McKay, I think the universe does have something against him.
corrupted-innocent chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
i aspire to be you.

LOVE! omg i love this series so~o much like you have no idea! *dies*

seriously though, i've been trying to find some good long plot-full john/rodney fic for AGES, you have no idea how happy you've just made me! i'll tell you: really totally extremely rodney-with-coffee-and-a-problem-to-solve fantastically happy. the character development in your work is astounding, and so completely canon it could be shown with the series. and it's so realistic! unbelievable! *dies*

long story short: you rock.

~c.i.
niichan626 chapter 1 . 11/23/2005
love the Geeks and Goon's stories.
cooksterbird chapter 1 . 10/20/2005
Most impressed another brilliant story - i love the interaction between the married John and Rodney - its almost humurous.

Thanx for another brilliant read please keep them coming i cant wait for the next installment but i think we could definitely do with some more whumping than there was in this one - that would make me even happier - please!
Florence1 chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
I absolutely adore the way you write together. This is definitely a collaboration made in heaven. Every little nuance of the story is perfectly described, something which is extremely difficult when relying on first person narrative, and through all of that you keep both John and Rodney perfectly in character. Action adventure, humour tenderness- what more could you ask from from a story- oh yes a good plot- you've got that too.

I don't know who writes what in this, but, however you are doing it, long may the collaboration continue. Thanks for writing it- Judith

(PS I think I've said this in a review for one of you before- I don't normally read first person narratives because you have to be very good to write them at all- let alone well, but you both write so well in this style that I can't help but love them- I'll go now before I gush anymore- great work.)
Dr. Dredd chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Now I'm going to have to find another Starbucks, thanks to you two. I don't think I can show my face in my usual store, thanks to me giggling like a madwoman for forty-five minutes last night!

The Monty Python and Ghostbusters references were brilliant. (I kept waiting for Rodney to say "You have been a participant in the biggest interdimensional cross rip since the Tunguska blast of 1909... We'd like a sample of your brain tissue!")

And Carson! He may not have appeared for very long, but he had some serious snark going on. "Buggering sheep is not the national pastime of Scotland..." BWAHAHAHA! He's a bit of a prude, though. ;-)
Tassos chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Beautiful. I've just spent the last two days reading these four stories and I amd very happy now. These are a great extension of the previous geeks and ggons series. I love how they actually have a plot and are so touching between John nad Rodney even while they are arguing and snarking and everything. Very happy indeed. I look forward to the next story. (Will this one be on Earth? I mean they're going anyway...) Regardless where it ends up, I'm certain it will be as good as these. Thanks for sharing.
Porthos1013 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
It never fails, Rodney and John snarking at each other always makes my day a little brighter. Great job!
mouse8 chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
I was just jumping up and down with glee when I saw you guys had written a new story. There's always so much there, it's taken me a couple of days to actually get through it, but I loved every word from your paperback edition to successfully accomplishing departure for the honeymoon. You are so immensely talented, the story was packed with everything fantastic. Please don't get discouraged because you don't get as many reviews as for one of your gen stories. I think some people are just too embarrassed to admit they like a slash story. Yet there is nothing here that anyone could find objectionable. It's sweet, funny and thoroughly enjoyable. Please keep them coming!
NenyaVilyaNenya chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
dropping in a review here, I was laughing so hard at the early parts, and widening my eyes at the middle events. throwing the device in the lava, hey if that wouldnt destroy it, nothing was going to!
Emrys1 chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
I mean, really, what can I say? Because anything I say is going to sound like the ravings of a mad woman...and okay, well, it hasn't yet been firmly established that I'm NOT insane, but I'd like to keep the jury out on that judgment for a little while longer, if you please.

I *can* say that you have got the interaction between Shep and McKay down to such a fine point that there are angels dancing there. I mean, when I was watching the series finale tonight, all I could think was...the writers have gotten their hands on the Goons and Geeks series. You guys are just *that* good.

I really, REALLY want more of this series...I think I may have become addicted to it sometime in the early chapters, and that's only going to add to my reputation of being crazy.

This was absolutely great.

Emrys
Carrie H Potter chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
like wow. i was so excited when i got my little alert email (yup, you guys are on my author alert list) telling me there was another story in this series! i was ready to laugh myself silly. and i did. congrats on another fabulous McShep story! keep up the good work! (as in, more stories...*hint, hint*)
JadeDragoness chapter 1 . 9/23/2005
OMG!

I just finished reading this chapter. And I loved it so MUCH!

There were so many things giggling like a maniac: John tossing Rodney's underwear in the trash to try to teach him a leson, Lorne coming through with Dr.Z's pants, John spraying Rodney with bug repellent, the hairless sheep, Radek getting married to the biggest yet youngest son, Rodney spewing the drink and choking like crazy, etc.

And the parts that didn't slay me with laughter had me clutching at the screen and whimpering at their pain. A two days only honeymoon...*shakes head* Poor them.

*clutches at you both* I heart both so much

ps- Have I ever mentioned how much I like the little references you guys have to your other stories? Because it gives the fics such a sense of history and weight that you don't often find in series like this.

pps- *sits down to wait for the next story*
forlornhope1865 chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
I love your stories. John is so protective and long-suffering. Rodney is so brilliant yet tactless. They're great.

PS:

On this sentence: "You’re supposed to wait after asking that, you masochistic son of a…oh. Oh…that hurt." Should be "sadistic," not "masochistic." Masochists like pain. Sadists like inflicting pain.
drufan chapter 1 . 9/22/2005
So who is the gate keeper and who is the key master? Excellent story. Those two characters have a life all their own. Loved Teyla's part as their leader. Particularly loved Rodney's solution to the problem. LMAO through the entire story. Thanks!