Reviews for Let the White Dove Sing
Potterworm chapter 15 . 5/10/2010
This was a great story. I'll admit, I wanted to see more of the other Joan characters, but I understand why you didn't use them more. Great, great story.
Cricket Songs chapter 14 . 8/28/2009
Had to add to my previous review that I also took a look at your profile and realized that you authored what is also my favorite ER fanfic ever. Sakes alive, you're an amazing writer.
Cricket Songs chapter 15 . 8/28/2009
Easily the best Joan of Arcadia fanfic I've ever read.

I read the bulk of it in one sitting, but was compelled for the first time ever to take a break when my eyes started to hurt because I wanted to enjoy this story as much as possible, without the interruption of fatigue. :) Amazingly well-written and suspenseful and emotional and compelling and all other sorts of great things that I rarely ever find in fanfics.

Anyways,

I know that this was written ages ago...but I figure you deserve to be hearing raves about it even now.

Much loves,

Myralee

P.S. You mentioned in the final author's note that Kristin Chenoweth was the inspiration for Ruthie, and I nearly fell out of my seat 'cause that's the face I had in my head the whole time. And it also made my heart ache a lil' bit for the recent cancellation of Pushing Daisies.
Taylor Alexandra Grey chapter 15 . 8/11/2009
I really enjoyed this story. It was well written, and it followed pretty much the cannon for the story line with the reactions of people- up to the shooting - (which actualy should have been the climax of the story)

How the events unfolded after the shooting may have been compressed a bit more, the story was about Ruthie's survival from this, not shifted from her to her children, (though where her son says "dad's not at work is he?" would have been part of it, it could have wrapped up with just the thanksgiving dinner the following year, and the reader allowed to draw their own conclusions that Ruthie was adjusting.

Keep writing, you have remarkable talent for this and its one of the better writings that I've read.

Taylor
Leanne17 chapter 15 . 11/29/2006
Wow that was an amazing story! Well done :)
gemmi chapter 15 . 9/27/2006
I loved your story "Let the White Dove Sing". I especially liked the character Ruthie and how Joan seems to relate to her. It was probably my overactive imagination, but the two seemed perfect for each other, and I was sad in the end when you didn't have them officially hook up.

I thought you were leaning that way with the mention of "Friend Green Tomatoes at the Whistlestop Cafe" which is about a lesbian relationship after one of the girls escaped an abusive husband.

Either way, you did good. I liked the story. Thanks for writing it. ]
fanofthearts chapter 15 . 1/29/2006
I have review this story so many times on KC's board up I have to say something on here. Lol I have read this thing like oh 3-4 times and everytime I see something new. This is the best story out there. You paid such an amazing homage to Kristin it is beyond words. A sequel would be very much welcomed!
Miss Elphie chapter 15 . 1/7/2006
I know this is later, but I'd just like to say I just finished this and absolutely loved it to death! I am a fellow Kristin fan and did see the whole story perfectly in my mind as I read. you worked magic with these words, never let that go!
MaineStories chapter 15 . 11/26/2005
I very much enjoyed "Let The White Dove Sing", not so much for the story itself, which was fairly by-the-numbers, but for the vivid character you created in Ruthie, and the bond she and Joan formed. I think your instincts in limiting the number of characters and keeping the focus on Joan and Ruthie's relationship were spot on. If I have a criticism, I guess it would be that there was not more depth to Donovan's development: as it stands, he's very much a TV-movie characature of an abusive spouse, and I think perhaps the story itself would have been strengthened by making him as human as Ruthie and the kids are. As another reviewer said, you're a gifted writer, and I certainly hope you follow through on your proposed sequel.
Carol chapter 15 . 11/6/2005
Very cool ending! I agree about not using the other characters a lot because after reading this story, I couldn't imagine how it would have worked better if it hadn't been mainly about Ruthie/Joan. You have an amazing gift of writing and I hope to see more of it. Good luck in everything you do!
LostSchizophrenic chapter 14 . 11/6/2005
It's over? But...but...No...It's too good to be over! Aw!
Evil But Friendly Rival chapter 14 . 11/5/2005
AW! Great ending!

I love it, you've written yourself one awesome story! Is it too much to ask for some type of sequel? :)

Your story had everything! Action, drama, love, suspense, and grace.

Hope to see more soon!

~E.B.F.R.~
Evil But Friendly Rival chapter 13 . 11/5/2005
Sorry for the late reply -

I loved this chapter, and thought it was great!

Love Ruthie's Mom! :)

Joan and Ruthie together...they were definelty destened to be in each other's lives.

I will always love Old Lady God. Always.

Keep it up!

On to read the next chapter!

Great Job!

~E.B.F.R.~
TJ-TeeJay chapter 13 . 11/2/2005
So, is this the last chapter? Great job. Really. Wonderful writing and I'm glad everything turned out well in the end. Except maybe for the fact that Helen now has to live with having killed someone, but I'd say that was a small price to pay for getting rid of that wife-beating bastard.

Hope to see more stories from you popping up here!

-TeeJay
TJ-TeeJay chapter 12 . 11/1/2005
Whoa, talk about intense! I'm still sitting here, stunned. You had me on the edge of my chair, I swear! Helen, rock on, thank you for killing that bastard! That said, great work, once again.

However, I have to admit that I'm also slightly missing other characters than Joan and her family, but the story's wonderfully intense and captivating enough not to get irritated about that. Please update soon!

-TeeJay