Reviews for Worthy of His Steel
edenskin chapter 13 . 8/15
oh, god, how i wish your old stories would update!

your storytelling is masterful, beautiful.
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 13 . 7/1/2011
PLZ PLZ PLZ continue! i haven't read such a good fanfic in days! please?
ihaznoideawuttowrite chapter 6 . 6/30/2011
awwww... i love this so far... haven't read too much of it yet, but i will! totally going on my favorite list!
1BabyBoy chapter 13 . 8/22/2010
Amazing that you could see all this from the one scene! I know that I will never again watch PotC without seeing much more in that poetic dance of death than I ever have previously. Whereas I thought Will too smug, now I will think of him how you characterize his feelings: "grim satisfaction." Brava!
1BabyBoy chapter 12 . 8/22/2010
I continue to marvel at your wealth of knowledge, Honorat: first, sailing, then smithing, and now the intricacies of sword play. Well done. I particularly like Jack's recognition that Will has less flex in his spine than does the sword. Can't wait to read more!
1BabyBoy chapter 11 . 8/22/2010
I guess Will has now worked off his indenture and must be 21 if "years" have passed with him taking care of Mr. Brown. If there is a blessing in all of this, it kept his mind too busy to think overlong on Elizabeth. Thinking of all the resentments that must have been building, it's a wonder he doesn't kill Jack when they meet or make a fatal mistake himself, a mistake which could have allowed Jack to kill him had he so wished.
1BabyBoy chapter 10 . 8/22/2010
poor Will: what a sense of honor and obligation to not allow himself just one kiss, and after such a perfect day too. I loved your imagery in this chapter. I could see the moon on the water and hear the singing and dancing. It was fitting that a party with slaves cutting loose for one night should be the backdrop of the irrevocable changes in Will and E's relationship, for they two are slaves to a society that will not allow them to be friends, much less lovers.
1BabyBoy chapter 9 . 8/22/2010
in remarking on the last chapter, I forgot that Will is enamored of Elizabeth and if he never thought of her in a sexual sense, he nonetheless would not be sharing physical affection with a paid woman. (And where would he get the coin anyway?) I love that the two share a day at sea as their lives further diverge for it is the sea (together with a certain rapscallion pirate whom we all know and salivate over)that will bring them back together.
1BabyBoy chapter 8 . 8/22/2010
poor, poor, Mr. Brown... to lose wife and all children but one. poor, poor Will to keep experiencing the loss of his mother over and over again...
1BabyBoy chapter 7 . 8/22/2010
What is Will now, 16? I can just imagine his interview with the governor. I also imagine that 16 at that time was much more a man than 16-year-olds today. So, did his schedule ever allow him to visit a lady of the evening? Might Joe have taken him? I can't imagine that Joe is so enamored of his swords that he never gives a thought to women. Now the pair of them coming home from a cathouse would have gotten more from Mistress Brownb than a pinched ear!
1BabyBoy chapter 6 . 8/22/2010
Honorat, your attention to detail in the workings of a forge! You show what I imagine is nearly an encyclopedic knowledge of the craft. Well done! Yes, you may treat yourself to a rum now.
1BabyBoy chapter 5 . 8/22/2010
Well, an ignominious end for young Gordon but at least for the sake of Will's future relationships at least, it was not at the end of Jack's blade. Whew! Will getting better with a sword than most others his age and having a better sword to practice with than has any other also goes a long way toward explaining what otherwise might have been unwarranted pride and confidence in the young Will. That Will we first met in the movies was unsufferable. This Will is much more warm and real.
1BabyBoy chapter 4 . 8/22/2010
I'm so happy that Will has learned to depend a little on the kindness of strangers.
1BabyBoy chapter 3 . 8/22/2010
Jack, Jack, Jack, sigh ... all that running and hiding must have made him hungry and thirsty. If only I could have been there to take him in but then I'd have been an accessory after the fact which, in those days, was likely a hanging offense.
1BabyBoy chapter 2 . 8/22/2010
I like this Will as I didn't in the movies. This Will respects where he came from and fully knows just how far he can go in life because of it. This Will, if not a fatalist exactly, is a realist. This Will fully remembers why it is he hates pirates. The movie Will was unrealistic because he was overconfident in areas where he had no experience at all and too forgetful of the events that shaped him. It's too bad, Honorat, that Rossio and Elliot didn't ask you to write his backstory before they scripted PotC!