Reviews for Common Ground
bobbyneko chapter 1 . 7/15/2009
I love your stories so much. I liked the whole "morning guard duty until I shoot you for being late" line. I also like how you describe Nathan's need for reprimanding Ezra's life styles. In case he hasn't noticed, Everyone in the group has their own faults and sins and whatnot, Ezra's just more open with them than everyone else. Like how in society, with alcoholics and gluttons, their faults are easy to see and judge, but that doesn't them any worse than someone who is equally addicted to something else (like reading fanfictioin 24/7 lol) that is less obvious and as open to the public.

That's how I feel about Ezra, and although I do like Nathan (i love them all), he seems to have the most shallow and stereotypical life story of the bunch. I mean, the guy who plays him is great, but the actual character's personality is the only one out of the seven who doesn't have any "faults", and therefore makes him less human in my eyes. he's too perfect.

I think your stories and characters have a lot of credibility towards them.

While many may want to say that your Ezra and Nathan are out of character (Nathan being too much of a prick and Ezra being too goody-goody), I think that your interpretations are accurate if the series were to develop a bit more. I mean, if Nathan had to have a fault, Then his self-righteousness would be the most "in-character". Ezra is slowy going through character development, given more time, I believe the Ezra would begin to form a more solid moral character.

"Serpents" was great because it was pointed out to him that other's distrust in him was his own doing because of his immoral actions, however I believe he'd grow from that (slowly, but surely; i mean, you can tell he already has) and the theme in a lot of your stories (ie everyone misunderstanding his actions when they are for once noble) is just as likely to occur in the actual series if it were given adequate time to develope in characters and plot (and of course even then Nathan would be the one most likely to distrust Ezra's development).
achillies-eel chapter 1 . 12/10/2008
Hilarius, but serious at the same time. A good mix of humor and depth; it was nice to see Ez and Nathan settle their differences for once.
Kippling Croft chapter 1 . 12/17/2006
Really good story.
Tharin chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
It's nice to find a story that makes Nathan and Ezra come to an understanding. Well written!
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/16/2005
Woot! I like the practical joke! it was great! The ladies man in a skirt! Woot! Good story as well. There are depths to that gambler!
olio chapter 1 . 2/22/2004
Great story. You did a good job describing Ezra and Nathan's relations. I liked the ending very much. _~
Donna chapter 1 . 8/4/2000
Very good story. I was getting really tired of stories with Nathan and Ezra at each others throats. I'm glad to see someone making them friends. Thank you.
Lyric Quill chapter 1 . 6/23/2000
Bravo! Bravo! A perfect blend of humor, drama and self-sacrifice to make

this a Ezra/Nathan masterpiece. Very well done! (10)