Reviews for Renewal
skrewtkeeper chapter 1 . 5/8/2009
I really, really hate reviewing things, but I could not resist with this. (and you must have done something right to get me to review). Anyways, this was so...thought-provoking. I could see Minerva in her grief and it hurt. However, I would like to bring to your attention to this sentence:

"Silently, she stops outside the Transfiguration classroom, looking inside with a blank gaze at the class that had started it all."

That was the epic sentence. 'the class that had started it all'. That was just brilliant. This whole thing was brilliant. It was so sad and so involved with her character that I think I'll go over into the corner and harbor feelings of resentment and envy. :D

I just loved this. There wasn't any dialogue, (and usually that's what I look for in a fic), but you told the story anyway. This is now a favorite of mine and I can't believe I missed it, being a fan of this pairing for so long. :D

Skrewtkeeper
Lady Hydrangea chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
aw. so cute! i only wish it was longer. But i still liked it. What an adorable story. :3
Bil chapter 1 . 12/9/2005
A very nice piece of writing. Very powerful.
Litasha1987 chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
That was a truly beautiful and powerful story! I love that she keeps a bag of his Lemon Drops in her pocket and that no one knows she has them. That is the way it should be. I love the emotion you placed in this story; it captures the sorrow so physically that you your self can actually feel what Minerva is feeling. This was a well-written trip into a shattered soul. Bravo! I hope you write again soon.

Kristina

P.s. You are so being added to my Alert list
almostinsane chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Great story!
Loop-da-loopy chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
That was really beautiful! I thought it was lovely that she carried lemon drops with her. Well done, you are a really good writer.
Dream Phantom chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Well written. Sweet.
TartanLioness chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Wow, this is so powerful and so beautiful. It's so sad! I love that she keeps a bag of Lemon Drops in her pocket, quite canon, I'd say...

Great job

Cammie
The Crimson Peacock chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
Ooh, I love it!

The style was really nice...the writing! Wow. *Inspiration*

The fact that it was in present tense...I dunno...made me like it more...
AnjaliMalfoy chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
this is really beautiful. i love the thought and emotion placed through mcgonagall's eyes. i know it must have really hurt her. thanks for a beautiful piece.
Marauders Chick chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
This...was absolutely beautiful.

It captures so well the sorrow that must have been unavoidable for McGonagall- after all, she's one of the people who trusted Dumbledore implicitly. The sadness is so tangible, and it seems like, throughout, the wording and atmosphere give a feeling of such solitude and emptiness. I absolutely love these two lines:

'But no one sees the lemondrops in her cloak pocket that she touches gently, and no one sees all the things she never said written in torment on her soul.'

and

'They think they smell a faint scent of lemondrops, or chocolate, or both as they pass by her. They think it’s just their imagination and continue on their way, feeling suddenly renewed from long days of sorrow.'

It shows how, no matter how sad she is, she still has to carry on after Dumbledore, how a bit of his legacy will stay with her. Wonderful!
Rema chapter 1 . 9/24/2005
You capture loving grief very well. No one ever really knows the relationship one person has to another, their private bonds on so many levels...how they touch each other in the most profound and also in the very tiniest, subconscious ways. Many of us suspected that Minerva and Albus shared "something" just beyond Canon eyes and ears. This was a well-written slip into a Soul who sadly appears to walk as one, but now softly strides with the subtle, wistful strength of Two. I will never see a Lemon Drop again without the spiritual equivilent of sliding my hand into my own, private pocket, smiling, and holding my shoulders straight. Thank-You for this haunting love story.