Reviews for Don't Look Back
Stunna21 chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
good story so keep writing and update soon its great.
Norwesterner chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
This was short, but you very well captured the mixed feelings of a final break-up, and the almost forced resoluteness of proceeding forward in life on one's own.

I had quite a similar experience to what you've written about in the end of my own marriage. I, too, packed up my car, and my pet and I (a dog however, not a naked mole rat) drove off to new horizons in the Southwest, too (which didn't last itself however, but was a good and needed initial change of pace.)

I hope neither you, nor anyone reading this, ever has to experience something like this story.

You have done very well here in depicting an alternate reality in the KP universe. Good work!
The Wise Duck chapter 1 . 1/10/2007
Interesting piece, and the prior reviews; just as interesting. It’s all a matter of not believing, or not wanting to believe, and in the KP Universe, why should you want to believe in something like this? But it’s the writing outside of the box that makes you think and makes you maybe a little uncomfortable at times, that is writing worthwhile.

And like continental-line, those of us who have seen the grim reality of this, we understand all too well—

And doing what I do, I can see it from both of their points of view.

The Wise Duck
continental-line chapter 1 . 6/9/2006
Since BoHis not up yet (sniff) I have taken to reading some your other stories. This was very good. You just knew that sooner or later "the real world" would come crashing down on her.

Her ego has always been rather frigle. If you watch the TV series, the least little thing could set her off. (Why else could Bonnie always get under her skin? When she could just as easily ignore her as beneith her notice.)

Having her go off the deep end like that is not thaat unusal. But you have to WANT help and support to do this. The girl who can do anything would see this as a weakness, a flaw. And so the downward spiral begins feeding off of it self.

The only real question is how long will it last before she eats a bullet?

I have seen too much of this in real life.

-Bill Ponder
GargoyleSama chapter 1 . 2/15/2006
Didn't catch this story when it first came out. My loss. Looks like an interesting series you have set up here.
RedWingnut chapter 1 . 2/13/2006
Sorry, but I just don't like/can't phathom this happening at all in the KP universe, even in an AU senerio. As such I will be unable to beta any further fics of yours in this timeline. I am still good for the TUY series as well as your new line based partly on Ivy's fanart.
Goinghome chapter 1 . 1/21/2006
Just noticed your non-TUY story and search for and found the part one episode. After reading it, it is a sad ending to a long relationship. However, you do set the stage for a new beginning for both Kim and Ron. It would be interesting to see if either get connected with partners/sidekicks similiar in character to their former partner/sidekick. I notice an insecurity in the personality of both Kim and Ron, as they are portrayed by Disney. It would be interesting if they were to pair up with partners/sidekicks who could fill in that void. I wrote to you about this once. There has never been a mention of the offsprings of Kim's father's close friends, Dr. Ramesh and Dr. Robert Chen. I often wondered how it would be if Kim and Ron were meet up with them. Just a thought. Looking forward to reading your part two.
MarkV chapter 1 . 1/18/2006
Makes one think. Very real possibility given the state of the world today. How would two idealists like Kim and Ron cope with a mission gone really bad? I agree this one needs a follow up. Where are they in 5 or 10 years?
Forlong chapter 1 . 12/2/2005
Doesn't work for me. Yeah, people change after killing someone; but how could it be that extreme? Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean that you shouldn't have writen it though.
sad but true chapter 1 . 10/14/2005
Im a big k/r fan but i didnt hate this it's a possible way for things to goin the kp universe
campy chapter 1 . 9/29/2005
Well, I'm a KR fan and I liked it. I can really see Kim dropping the 'loser' label on Ron if he resisted doing things her way.

I agree this shouldn't be a long story, but one more chapter might work. I'd set it maybe 5-10 years after this. Make it Kim's POV on what her life has become since she drove Ron away.
Brimmstone chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Great one shot too bad you don't want to continue it this could be the start of a great story. I agree with you on the picture it fits this story perfectly.
userx chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
I like your TUY universe stories more, but this seems to be written better. Ron's character is portrayed very nicely, and the flashbacks enhance the mood of the story. I'm not a much of an angst fan, but this one is quite good.
Robert Teague chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Ouch, very sad.

I'm glad you won't be continuing this, as there seems to be an excess of pain and suffering in recently posted stories, and I can only take so much of it.

I do enjoy your KP:TUY series, and look forward to more.