Reviews for Versions of Light
Noip13 chapter 1 . 4/6/2012
The worst thing stories can be is black and white. Good vs Evil. And the good is OH SO SUPER BEAUTIFUL HANDSOME INTELLIGENT AWESOME GOOD and the evil is OH GOD IT'S THE EVIL, UGLY MONSTER SOS!

All villains have a reason to be evil. Greed, insanity, and power are the most common, along with a twisted childhood. Yet is any pity taken on them? And if it is, it just proves how awesome and wonderful GOOD is for pardoning the stupid hideous monster who knew no better.

I think you know what I'm trying to say. This review is a lot angrier and more sarcastic than mine usually are, but this struck a chord.
wdango chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
Brilliant. This story really sets a poignant yet beautiful point of view, and forces the reader to think. Disney should read this. It's really sad. Maybe if someone had been nice to her, she would have become the "kind old granny" instead of the "evil b-witch"...

Somehow, your paragraphs are too long and daunting to read, though. Maybe if you cut them apart a bit more?
L.A.H.H chapter 1 . 5/7/2009
This was fascinating. I hope you update it. x
KrisEleven chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
Absolutely amazing. I love both this and your 'Darkness' and I hope you continue them (please, please, please).

No critique on qpelling or grammer, your structure is very well done.

KrisEleven~
Kaylle chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
Wow, this is *beautiful*. Just amazing. Well done.
angellwings chapter 1 . 7/18/2006
whoa, I wish you would write more of these. They are amazing. The Little Mermaid has always been one of my favorites, and you have sort of made her sound like Elphaba from Wicked. I love it.
silvermedal chapter 1 . 5/11/2006
Awesome write! I love it, and your Versions of Darkness series. I would love to see more of this. Villains have always been interesting to me.
Reluctant Dragon chapter 1 . 11/20/2005
beautifully written!

Wonderful job! I loved it!

~RD
Maleficent Angel chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
Excellent - you've certainly added depth to an otherwise stereotypical bad gal.

*Wow*

*click* Favourites!

Do you plan on continuing? I do hope so.
SunRise19 chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Oh wow, the way you word things is brilliant! I loved this first chapter, I wonder who else you'll do next? Is virsions of Darkness finished or not? I really like this, you're a wonderful writer!
McGeesJabberwock chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Woah. That was pretty deep. I wish you'd continue this. I'd like to see what makes the other baddies tick.
HurricaneLex chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Beautiful story...it's so sad!I hope you'll continue this,I just love your style.
Foalshan chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
No, Shego, just another take on Disney. Some may even feature the same characters in a different light.

And the OOC-ness of the characters...yeah, I see what you mean...but if I'm forced to categorize the stories here and the only category they all fit under is 'Disney'. There's no, like, 'folklore about the Little Mermaid' category. Even if I've taken wild artistic liberties, the only place they can go is under 'Disney'. ;_; I can't post them to fictionpress, either, because they aren't original. They're fanfiction.

Thank you so much for your reviews, by the way! D D D
Karalora chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Well done. Keep at it and you could give Gregory Maguire a run for his money.
Shego2Drakken chapter 1 . 9/25/2005
Are these stories going to be opposites of the stories in "Versions of Darkness"? (I.E. Ariel - Ursula, Mowgli - Shere Kahn, Basil - Ratigan, etc.)