Reviews for Alex's Bad Hair Day
Raichu chapter 1 . 5/3/2008
Hey this is the first Golden Sun fic I've read and I have to say I enjoyed every word.

It's been a while since I read a comedy story that really made me laugh.

I don't think the characters were out of character at all once you take into consideration that this is a parody.
porcelaine chapter 1 . 2/4/2007
xD Lawl, this was pretty damn amusing. Alex could indeed be a transvestite, and the characters' OOCness just contributed to the overall humor.

Rozzlynn chapter 1 . 10/29/2006
Heh, lovely... I'd say the very, very end kinda departs from the fic's reality (it was more realistic than that!), but the rest is... _

Though I don't think it was "an era without hair conditioner (And probably not shampoo either)". After all, they had things like that in medieval times. A quick google:

"Acetic and Boric Acids have been used since medieval times for various maladies. Acetic acid [vinegar] is a known conditioner for hair leaving it clean, soft and lustrous while removing soap, scales, dandruff and other residue."

"These conditioners you use before shampooing: First of all an egg yolk makes a great conditioner for your hair. Simply mix it with 2 tsp of a castor oil and massage into your hair. Rinse thoroughly. [...] Whisk one or two raw eggs together and then work into your hair. Allow to dry and then shampoo out, followed by a vinegar and water rinse. This treatment will soften your hair nicely. Repeat about once a month. [...] These conditioners you use after shampooing: If you use a whole egg, whisk with a little lemon juice and condition your hair with this concoction. It will add incredible shine as it has removed previous product buildup. [...] Cider Vinegar and Egg Shampoo; 1 large egg, 2 oz mineral water, 1 T cider vinegar"

And they'd probably have had better cosmetics than that; alchemy (at least in the real world) involved a lot of chemical knowledge, with many practical applications - some of Weyard's towns seemed quite educated, didn't they? And they had coloured dyes and interesting recipes (if you looked at the ovens) and all that sort of thing...

Hairdryers, though? Probably not. So the premise of the fic is safe. (Yay.)

Slightly unrelated - have you seen any fanart of Alex crossdressing? I've only found one piece, but it's... .
Rhaella chapter 1 . 10/11/2006
How I love the dysfunction. _

Your Alex is hysterical... though that might not mean as much as one might think, since I find the canonical Alex pretty amusing as well...

All in all, I love this fic. :)
rayyu chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
aw, jeez, this is hilarious! i think that alex, felix and menardi having hair problems classifies all of them as the 'women' in the
Denwa chapter 1 . 1/14/2006
That was really funny. My hair gets frizzy too... :)
AmitiRequiem chapter 1 . 12/20/2005
This was hilarious! I have always wondered myself how anime/game characters could keep such perfect hair when we never see them combing it.
Jynxfreak chapter 1 . 10/11/2005
Well, I was sniggering all through this, but the "you heard the women" line really got me. This is good stuff! any more planned, or is this not destined to become the Adventures of Alex and his Hair?
Draonlady chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Wow...I completely understand Alex's dilemma here, except my hair always looks, anyway...You really ought to add another chapter to this. It made me laugh out loud, and I immediately adore any fic that does that. Keep updating! (If you don't, I'll set the Eclipse summon on you...)*Evil laugh* *falls off computer stool trying to mime to evil laugh* Drat.
GoldenTalesGeek chapter 1 . 10/3/2005
I didn't think Jenna and Felix were OOC. But, that's 'cause I have a little spat between the two of them in one of my fics. BTW, Is this a one-shot? If it is, I think it's a shame, 'cause this fic kinda deserves a sequel. This was great, though.
Ingredient X chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
lol! its hilarious!

~ ~
43501 chapter 1 . 9/30/2005
Hilarious. Nuff' Said, I commend you. xD
The Big Rocky Eye chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
Wow...that was great. You should write for Golden Sun more. I'd read your stories.
Narakusnoone chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
I like this. make another one.
Xanda chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
LMAO, I love fics centering around Alex, and this one's a gem. Heehee, you do have to wonder how his hair stays so sleek and shiny...he's easily the best antagonist out there, and his hair gives him character. Wonder if he would react like that if he really did get a bad hair day...