Reviews for One Step at a Time
Barbara chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
so do you have any idea how happy i am that you updated like right after i reviewed your story for the first time ever? its like someone actually listened to me lol...actually it was probably just coincidence but you know what? i like to think you listened to me :-P lol well thats just me...now onto the story...its amazing...and i dont even ship draco/hermione and before you get all defensive...think of it as a compliment...o r/hr shipper loving your d/hr story? i mean come on not every day does that happen but if you wanna be mad, be mad i dont care...i really hope draco is okay though! the way you portray him really makes me love him! and poor harry! typical harry angst...but i hope that someone can help him! i bet ginny could! haha so cliche but thats okay i love cliche! well sometimes...so yah this is really long so i think that i will be done now...keep up the good work!
Tearrer chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Question: When are you going to update?

Comment: Update soon! I had to reread the last chapter I had forgotten what happened xP.

Favorite Part: Harry's alone scene in the Safe Room. That was pretty sad. Hurry and get his friends there!

Least Favorite Part: That it took so long to get Draco out of that stupid cage! Hah.

Looking Foreword To: Draco waking up in a Muggle Hospital! That'll be exciting! And when Hermione sees Draco after he gets all better (which, I think you made it clear he will).

Your Challenge: OoH. Well I would, but I'm more of a Hermione Angst reader xP. I love angst too though; it's my favorite genre. I liked your stories a lot because it has a little bit of angst and comedy and it's suspenseful and it's just got some of everything!

Well, that was an interesting way to write a review! I hope you liked that, because it was a lot easier for me! I really can't wait for the next update! Great Job again!

-Dana (xxTeardropKisses)
freemeer chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Nice touch with the taking Draco to a muggle hospital :)
DMswissmissHG chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
YEA! You udpated! PLEASE do it again! :P
MegTao chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Whoa! This was such an emotional chapter!

I loved all of your description after Draco was shot, the whole blood thing, though pretty gory, was really well written. I feel so bad for Harry now, poor guy. When he said "Who could care for a monster" I got this sudden flashback of Beauty and the Beast...it just sounded a lot like something the Beast would say.

I also enjoyed how you brought in some other characters for a moment, like Dumbledore, Hagrid, Snape, etc. It's fun to mix things up every once and a while. I thought your explanation on how Fang could get through the castle using his bark as the password was pretty cool as well.

Draco angst? Hm I just might have to write something for you! I have a drabble written up that is kind of angsty that I plan on eventually posting here, but I don't think it's what you're looking for.

Well, there's my longer review! _ Update soon!
Kaydotsidot chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Excellent chapter! I loved how you had Harry think to use the spell that Hagrid had them use in detention back in first year. Very clever. I can't wait to read what happens next. I must say, the end of last chapter did have me a bit worried, despite the fact that in order for it to be a Draco/Hermione fic, he sort of needed to be alive. Anyways, please update soon, until then,

~Kaydotsidot~
DarkSummerNights chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
OMG! the chapter was freaking awesome!you had me jumping in my seat so much, my mom started asking me if I had to go to the course, I told her no, cause that would mean they might find out that I really am crazy, not to mention I wouldnt be able to read the reat of the anyways 10 thumbs up(or at least 10 thumbs up if I had that many), please hurry with the next chapter.
Happy Reader chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
AH!

I really hope that all this sad stuff won't last forever. It's so...sad.

I'm glad you're not going to kill Draco. Then you'd probably revive him in order for there to be some action...and Hermione kissing someone already pale who just came back from the dead is...creepy. Very creepy. Yuck.

Do you like angst? I do too...as long as it's well written. High five!

I suck at writing angst in my opinion. In fact, I think I suck at writing completely if it's as long as a short story, or chapter. I'm not dedicated enough to just one idea. Too many. People say I'm good...but they're people in my class. They suck at writing, and that's a fact.

Wow. See? I ramble. And most of the time, it's off-topic.

Thanks for updating after a very long time!

And I like the idea of you getting people to write stuff like a competetion. Just like you did in PC. It makes stuff (I like the word "stuff". It's so fun to say) more interesting and readers more active to your story...even though I'm not going to do it. I suck. Sorry.

Love your story!
jonadark chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Hola!

Wow, I can't for the life of me remember what this story is about, the pairings, or even the plot...and that is annoying the living daylights out of me. Not that that is your problem, but I'll have to go and re-read the story to figure out why oh why I can't seem to remember what this is. It says it is the sequel to Parenting Class, and while I remember that story, I can’t begin to imagine what the past six chapters have been for this story. I will be figuring that out shortly though. Anywho. I read your nice and long authors note, and while my confusion still abounds as to what I am reading, I decided to let you know about my "angsty" story. Now, as far as I'm concerned, it's just a down and dirty depressing story, but my reviewers tell me its "angsty". It's an unusual story and far from perfect (grammatical errors are the plague of the universe) but it's not too bad. Just basic stuff many people miss when they don’t have a beta. The story is titled "Ugly" and the pairing is Hermione and Draco—though, they really are not together (it's complicated, but not so much you'll be confused as all hell). There are no other pairings, its AU and Post Hogwarts as well as—and I've just got to say this again because you can't go in thinking its a happy go lucky story—extremely depressing.

It's my baby and I love the story very much (which is why I wait to update because, sadly, it is coming to an end). Anyway. I've done my part and informed you of an angsty story. If you read it, I hope you enjoy, if not, I hope you find one to your likening!

I'm now off to figure out what your story is about (this is so annoying, why can't I remember!),

Best of luck to you!

jd.
lilblueangel1223 chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Aw, this was a great chapter. I loved it! I'm so glad that you've been updating. I hope everything's fine in school.

Hm, well, my favorite part of this chapter ... well, it was all very sad, but I liked how you described Fang and Hagrid. Esp. with Fang running to find Dumbledore. It was good. Update soon! :)
harassed chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Eek, first off, I'm not supposed to be reading fanfiction, I'm supposed to be studying for my finals...but when I checked my favorites list and saw that you'd updated, and figured that biology and pre-calc could wait.

Meh. This is my first time reviewing any of your stories (sorry for that ;-;) so the first thing that I really want to say is that your writing is really, REALLY nice. It's very matter-of-face and it flows and it's...simple. I don't mean this in a bad way, but it just seems to...work. You capture feelings extremely well, and I have to say that I loved the way you made Hermione and Draco transition from enemies to acquaintances to friends to OMFGRELATIONSHIP...which I'm eagerly waiting on.

I also really like that even though this is D/Hr, you don't concentrate solely on pairing. You developed the relationships between the Golden Trio and the Slytherin Badass, and I think that really enhanced the story and made it more believable, since Hermione's friendship with Harry and Ron is extremely strong.

And god, this chapter! O_O Wow. Think you did an amazing job with it. :D Harry's helplessness and Draco's...nonresponsiveness were nicely captured. Keep up the good work, and I'm hoping for an update sometime soon!

D Puahahahahaha and I definitely accept your challenge! I'll start writing as soon as...

I finish with this biology.
mindy chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
I really enjoyed this chapter! i think the reactions of the characters were absolutly perfect. My favorite part would have to be the image of harry banging against the magical wall screaming to hagrid. that was very dramatic! it was absolutly amazing. my second favorite part if the very end were mcgonnigle goes to griffyndor tower to im assuming get hermione and ron. I absolutly LIVE for goldren trio moments. So I'd like to take this time to put in a special request for some cute godlen trio moments at the start of the next chapter. harry needs his friends right now. I can go on and on about how much i loved this chapter. I think dumbledore was absolutly perfect. He is always doing a hundred things at once and doesnt always expelain himself completely and requires that u just trust wat he tell you to do. it was perfect. I felt like i was reading the end of GOF after the maze scene.

like i said simply spectacular. And i'm not even going to ask for a quick update...because honestly ur updates are worth waiting for!

thanks for writing such an amazing story to entertain us!
magickal1 chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Ha! An update! That makes me very happy.

Your scene breaks weren't really that bad. It made it a bit choppy, but the writing in between was good enough that it made up for it. :D Yes, we all hate power surges, and all have had horrible experiences the day before a project is due, so technically, it's not your fault. It is hard to write a chapter over again, because the first time is normally the best. So that's okay.

Fave part:

*It was all his fault.

The bands of light encircling his wrist only made him feel more like a monster… a monster they had tied up and locked away. Was that what he was? Instead of being a savior like everyone hoped he was actually a monster, a wolf in sheep’s clothing.

He wanted this blood off of him. But he didn’t have anything to change in to and there weren’t any blankets to wrap himself up in. Crying seemed to be his best option… no one could see him and it wasn’t like anyone would care. Who could ever care about a monster?*

I think that described how Harry would feel very well. You said in the A/N for your poem that you didn't write much Harry, but you capture his feelings very well. I'm sure most would agree.

I'm sorry for the length of my review (should I be?) I'm analytical and tend to ramble, and this is the result. I do hope I don't take much time out of your writing, because we definitely(sp?) don't want that. *wink*

So, please update soon. Your work is incredible, and the descriptions in this chapter were as they should be: descriptive.

Keep writing!

*Obsidian Butterfly9*
drakiepooswuver chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
DEAR GAWD! think u took long enough to update? i seriously thought u had forgotten about the story! BUT U MADE UP FOR IT! nice chappie! i find it SO sad that harry has to be locked up "like a monster" and that he doesnt feel wuved. ( giv harry a hug from me!

im waiting ANXIOUSLY for the DM/HG stuff! im a sucker for them!

UPDATE QUICKLY PWEZZ1!
Em3191 chapter 6 . 5/29/2006
Great chapter. I felt so bad for Harry. It makes sense about what you said about Draco. Since it is a Draco/Hermione fic it wouldn't be a good idea to kill him off. Now that I know Draco will eventually be ok I can wait without fearing to much for his life until next chapter.
3,320 | « Prev Page 1 .. 158 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 178 .. Last Next »