Reviews for And hear the song of salt and sea
asdfjkl chapter 1 . 6/22/2008
damn. that's awesome.
BadLittleGirl chapter 1 . 11/18/2005
Hey,

I have right now read this story, and thought I should write a review, because the story is really touching.

Im surprised that I could understand it so well, because Im German and my English isnt actually very well. (So, I hope, you can understand me though)

Your style to write is really nice, its not do different to read, but although youre discribing all this feelings very nice.

Its wonderful how you "built up" this story, first their wedding, then the two sons and finally her ending. The whole story in simple words, but filled up with her feelings and all this great ideas.

Aww, and its so sweet how you discriped Denethor, that his deep love to her could make him happy, make him laugh. Thats really nice and so its even more sad when he felt into the shadow. (Altough your discriping is great)

How you told about her sons is wonderful. This relationship between Boromir, that she, altough she loved him, had this distance to him.

And the story with Faramir, her second, that he was so similiar with her.

Oh, and the ending is so sad, I never thought that Finduilas suicided, but its very credible written and you really touched me.

(The song was really sad too, I have to say.)

Okay, I hope, you did understand this, what I mainly want to say; really sad, wonderful story.

Im going to read more of you storys.
lindahoyland chapter 1 . 9/27/2005
This is very sad and a plausible explanation for DEnethor's coldness towards Faramir.
Ocne chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
Hi cuthalion,

I liked this story. It is well written, you pay good attention to details and the emotions are well done and belivable. A sad and touching tale.
thayzel chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
It captures her dispair well; quite depressing, but I discern a flicker of hope between the lines.

Also I like the way you picture her death. Drawing a parallel to Denethor's; And in their death they are one again.

Thanks for your beautifully written thoughts.