Reviews for Eternal Sunshine of the Scourgified Mind
Mench chapter 5 . 7/21
Hi Shari. Are you still looking at this site? Are you getting notified if a review is coming in for this story? And lastly, do you still remember me? It's been 12 years!
Immergladsss chapter 49 . 7/13
Your story was bloody brilliantly! It made me laugh (oh my god the chapter with hedwig had me dying!) it made me cry (do I really need to list the scenes) and it made me fill with happy, anger, sadness... it was so raw and real. I love that you included so many characters. I love that you not once strayed from the reality of mental illness or tried to make it this thing where everything works out in the end. And your story between Ron and Hermione was sooo sweet. It's such a beautiful story. I loved every word of it!
My only 'criticism' is that at times, the dialogs between the characters got really long. Like you felt this build up of feeling and thought, and it hit the point, so beautifully, and you could've stoped there... but then it kept going. And going lol. I hope you don't take offense. I absolutely love your story!
muggleBornforever chapter 49 . 5/21
i just finished reading and i love it! my favourite is ron and hermione's phone call. i'm always excited when they're on the phone together. i love the idea of fate, that no matter what happens, they belong together. i'm sappy for all that romantic stuff. the idea that the trio were brought back together during the cliff scene, i loved that. it was my favourite scene. i can't still wrap the idea of malfoy became ron's best friend though. i know people change depends on the situation but it's really hard to accept that. i dunno lol i just wish there were more ron and harry talking alone at the end after they remembered back everything. how malfoy is not replacing harry as his best friend and how ron can confide in harry with anything. that is all. i was surprised they got no info from the hospital about ron considering he was the worst case of amnesia they'd ever seen and the nurse that helped him didn't give out any info to his family at all considering his amnesia. overall, i loved the plot. it was refreshing. thank you for this story. i'm gonna find something else of yours to read.
Hedwig35 chapter 1 . 4/16
I am still in the middle of reading this but just wanted to let you know that I am enjoying myself enormously.
your spelling really sucks at times but who cares? You have a beautiful way with words! (Agatha Christie was someone who was really bad at spelling too and look where she ended up ;) )
RightHandedWriter chapter 49 . 3/31
I loved the Harry Potter series when I was younger. I loved it, but I was never that kid who knew every trivia fact and every plot point. I finished this fan fiction maybe a year ago, and it completed changed my perspective on the series. Now that I'm reviewing, I remember that this was the fanfiction that made me love Ron. I used to be that girl who was like,"Hermione is the best. Harry is okay. Ron is useless." This fan fiction completely changed my perspective on the character of Ron. The beautiful writing combined with the entrancing plot makes it one of the best fan fictions I've ever read. Thank you, Solstice Muse, thank you for this wonderful journey.
arielbrae chapter 1 . 11/27/2016
Pretty clever, the whole lot. What inspired the character of the therapist?
Helene Nightfire chapter 49 . 10/16/2016
Thank you for an amazing fic. I like the cliff scene from Ron's POV. And the ending works too.
nanaeleanor chapter 45 . 7/29/2016
Sorry, but this is ridiculous. That they could have had their memories obliviated by that spell is ridiculous and the solution doesn't even make any sense at all. No part of it makes sense. Very disappointing.
nanaeleanor chapter 42 . 7/29/2016
I'm not sure I understand the serious overly dramatic reaction from Ron. Unless it's the meds. He knows he has amnesia so why is he so resistant to the idea that a group of redheads like him are suddenly there claiming to be his family? And why aren't the three of them taken to St Mungos in case a healer can undo the memory charm?
nanaeleanor chapter 32 . 7/28/2016
Beautifully written. Such inner chaos, confusion and despair. I guess she wanted to go while things were good rather than stick for the next downturn.
nanaeleanor chapter 21 . 7/27/2016
I missed the clues. I thought Dee's memory loss was less than Ron's and his would be the same, total loss. He seems to be acting pretty comfy in the Muggle world which is hard to believe of Malfoy junior. Not to mention a sense of humor. So...interesting. I'm glad we had some Harry time. This story has been heavily focused on Ron.
nanaeleanor chapter 13 . 7/27/2016
Even tho Hermione's father doesn't really want her to remember her magical life, I'm surprised that the Mrs hasn't insisted on or been suggested by the Order to take Hermione to St Mungos for treatment. I realize that would wreck the plot, but I'm a stickler of a reader. I feel a writer should have solid reasons to explain why things go the way they do. Otherwise one has to follow what would logically be done by a set of characters for the book to remain plausible. I'm certain that the Grangers know that Hermione wouldn't want to forget her magical life or her best friends. She would want them to do everything to find a fix. Healers haven't been ruled out as they haven't been tried. I also suspect Ginny might try to get in touch with Hermione. It would be her only link to finding Harry, no matter how weak at this point. It's a good and original story. I'm enjoying it. I like how Harry seems cheerful and kind. Without the celebrity and crushing responsibilities he has endured, his real nature has emerged. And poor Ron who must learn to depend on himself even though he has been brought up completely supported by a large family. This 'time out' could be a very healing time for each of them.
nanaeleanor chapter 12 . 7/26/2016
Geesh, if Aurors were searching for Harry, they would follow up every lead. You'd think the fam would be even more inclined to do so. Why wouldn't Forge ask which pub and go interview everyone there? I yelled.
Overide22 chapter 49 . 7/13/2016
I just read through the whole thing in about 2 days. Great story!
LBibliophile chapter 49 . 7/8/2016
I wan't to write a more coherent review but your story fried my brain (and feels), so here are some thoughts:

- It was interesting to see a story where Ron has these sort of problems, rather than the usual Harry
- I loved Hermione as the helpline operator, and the way she connected with Ron
- I guessed about Draco from the second time he was mentioned, but you had a good combination of Dee's new character with hints of Draco's old one
- I was quite upset with what happened to Jo, and really hoping it wouldn't be final, but I can see why you wrote it as you did
- I loved the scenes with training Hedwig; very funny
- My original thought was that Ron would survive jumping by having Hedwig drop the portkey on him in midair
- The beach at the end was a nice touch
1,223 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »