Reviews for Eternal Sunshine of the Scourgified Mind
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 23 . 8/31/2010
Oh dear lord! Ron's new best mate is Draco bleeding Malfoy. That is a crazy plot twist that I'm almost surprised I didn't see hahaha. Brilliant job!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 21 . 8/31/2010
*Shocked face* Are we actually talking Draco as in Malfoy here... I'm quite surprised right now, my jaw was literally slack for several seconds.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 12 . 8/31/2010
It's so sad that Harry and Ron have both found replacement friends so soon. I mean I'm happy that they're both not all alone, poor Hermione though. Anyway this chapter was very great.
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 10 . 8/31/2010
I knew that would happen! I knew Ron would call and get Hermione at some point! Great chapter!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 6 . 8/31/2010
You can take away everything that made him who he was and he'll just take a deep breath and start building again

I loved Arthur's story about Ron, very sweet and I think that line really does describe him. Great story so far!
DerangedxandxSarcastic chapter 4 . 8/31/2010
Oh my. I knew when it got to Ron it would break my heart just a little bit. Great story so far, I can see that you're going to do a brilliant job with it.
Charlie'sDragon chapter 49 . 8/22/2010
This story was so good- you made the character of Ron so much more than just a loyal sidekick. The grammar may not have been perfect and there were a couple typos but overall this was amazing.

I don't really know how to say this but the characters were just so realistic, how they reintegrated into the Weasley family was so painful and awkward (in a good way!), and you made the actions of the characters true to themselves. And you killed off Jo, which was sad and depressing but also sort of the "right" way for her to end. After all, there is no such thing as happily ever after.

I loved it. A lot.

Love from,

Aylin chapter 49 . 8/3/2010
Hi there,

I realize this is an older story - I found this through a recommendation on a forum. I must say this was a really enjoyable read! The premise and the characters' interaction was really good.

The only thing I didn't like - this is not about the quality of your story, merely my preferences - was how things were at the end between Harry and Ron. During the story I adored Harry's determination to find Ron, rather characteristic of him and I'd like to think he'd do that no matter what the state of his mind. But at the end I would've liked some more resolve, some more depth to their friendship. It was touched upon, and I can't really put into words what I thought was missing, just.. oh, look at eloquent me! :P

All in all a very fine read indeed.
WednesdayJones chapter 11 . 7/27/2010
Not finished with the story yet, but had to drop a review and say: I live down the road from Leamington Spa! Sorry, I know nothing of local geography, so it makes me happy to recognise places. Well, back to reading now...
Bluishorbs chapter 49 . 7/15/2010
really enjoyed reading this :D
YuniX-2 chapter 49 . 7/5/2010
Ok, so I managed to finish the story in one night. Mainly because I was too hooked to stop. I swear you pumped this story with nicotine or something. Somehow. Anyways, as far as strengths go, aside from what I've already mentioned this story is written fluidly. Your original characters are very human with faults and personalities and distinctions all their own. It was well planned - I NEVER saw the Dee is Draco thing coming when it did, and I'm ashamed to say I also wasn't expecting Jo's suicide. I was suspicious of how happy her behavior was, but the suicide did seem sudden. There were lots of little surprises that kept me riveted. The un-clean thing was brilliant by the way. I know I'm going to be having nightmares that combine dead Jo and the girl from the Ring. For some reason Ron's nightmares remind me of that creepy little girl. The imagery of the blue lips is so strong, its actually quite staggering.

As far as weaknesses go, again I have to say that the premise of this fic - the Ron being depressed part - doesn't exactly ring true to cannon for me, and I have to say I'm a stickler for cannon. Also, the Hermione aiding Ron in self medication thing seemed a bit of a stretch. She cares about him, but as a bit of a goody two shoes myself, I know she'd feel extremely guilty for aiding him, and she'd probably recognize the danger of self medication and forbid it. I understand this has to be how it is for the sake of the story, but I also think the story could have worked just as well had Ron confided in her but kept his self medication a secret from her even. Hermione would have been hurt but also felt more strongly about the things she had been helping him through than ever.

At any rate, this is an excellent fanfiction. Keep up the good work, you have a real talent.
YuniX-2 chapter 48 . 7/5/2010
You know, it occurred to me as I read this chapter that Ron has really always been more of an externalizer than an internalizer when it comes to his emotions. He never thinks about them critically which is why it took him so long to understand his feelings for Hermione. He lashes out. When he doesn't like how he feels he becomes confused, frustrated, and then angry. Its actually a common pattern - boys tend to externalize and girls tend to internalize. He could very well be a depressed person, but as much as I love this story and its accurate portrayals of severe depression, I have to wonder about how well it characterizes Ron. Certainly a great deal of his traits are accurately characterized, but he doesn't have the anger problem he exhibits in all of the books, instead he apologizes for things (which even you note is odd behavior for him) and beats himself up. Ron has always been the sort to beat someone else up, then deny his own guilt. People with depression face themselves everyday. We nitpick and examine and reflect and do everything we possibly can to figure out why we are so miserable, and with no real reason other than biology, most of us end up blaming ourselves. All that nitpicking we do to find other reasons for our pain usually only reinforces our conclusions. Ron doesn't understand his emotions, so he pushes them out. He doesn't bottle up, he explodes and ignores until he screws things up so badly that he has no choice but to face his own faults with lucidity. Ultimately, Ron isn't a depressed character at all, he's an escapist with anger management issues. I suppose its to your credit then, that I didn't even question the idea of him being depressed until now. You really are an excellent writer.
YuniX-2 chapter 36 . 7/4/2010
I really wanted to wait until the end to review, but its getting late and I'm not sure my thoughts will be here tomorrow morning. This story is absolute genius. Not just because of the characterization or the well thought out plot - because you actually understand what mentally ill people are like. I have a friend, my best friend, who has some problems very similar to Jo. She hasn't killed herself, thank god, but she always feels the need to hide her emotions from others. She doesn't ever want anyone's impression of her to change, she thinks she always has to be happy. She only ever speaks how she really feels when we have sleepovers and we're up into the early hours of the morning talking. I actually have depression too. I don't react the same way Jo does, I tend to wear my heart on my sleeve, and know when I need help, but I get that feeling of wanting to leave everything. This story is so real, I almost don't know what to do with it. I want to be a psychologist some day myself, and I also find your portrayal of therapists in this story interesting. It has given me a lot to think about in terms of how to let patients know that they aren't studies, but that all you really want is to help them. I know all I want is to help people the way I've been helped, and to be there for others in ways I've needed but never gotten. I'm not really sure why I'm rambling so much, its just that this story really got to me, you know? I just... I can't even explain how I'm feeling. Just, thank you for writing this. I know its going to be a favorite fanfic of mine for years to come.
nxdeed chapter 49 . 4/27/2010
So.. this is prolly my third time re-reading this cover to cover. Usually I go straight to my favorite parts and read them. I just wanted to tell you that you have an amazing talent, I had been away from fic for about a year and your writing brought me back to it. Thank you!
Oh, and how much of a freak am I for Google Satellite-ing Beachy Head? :)
The King in White chapter 49 . 3/31/2010
I figure it's the least I can do...

What a wonderful read, it's emotionally touching, well written, and creative. You've created some very interesting concepts here, like the whole scourgify bit.

I think one of the major things I enjoyed was that you humanized your characters. They weren't perfect, or confident, or untouched by war. Ron's characterization was superb, he was courageous not foolhardy, he was analytical not unintelligent, and he was so very selflessly noble.

Also, I liked how even though they had all had their memories wiped they still found their way back to each other.
1,205 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »