Reviews for The Dilgar War
Pounamu chapter 64 . 3/1
Well your Joe Tennant sounds like a Maori but he doesn't sound like a Maori. Firstly we do not wear grass-skirts, they're made of harakeke (flax), and are called Piupiu. Secondly we do not have 'shaman', we have Tohunga. Thirdly your 'lyrics' for the Ka mate haka are wrong. We do not say 'Ka ro', we say 'Ka ora', meaning 'To live'.

The Ka mate haka, created by the Ngati Toa chief Te Rauparaha goes like this:

Ka mate, Ka mate, Ka ora, Ka ora
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra
Upane, Kaupane
Whiti te ra.

I appreciate your character, I truly do, but please if you're going to make him of my culture, at least have the decency to get the basics right. It'd be like trying to dress a cat up as a cow otherwise. It just doesn't work.
TheSealer chapter 75 . 1/27
The Mitoc can't rebuild their civilization, can they? If only a few thousand/hundreds are left, they're no longer genetically viable. In generations, inbreading will cause unhealthy results. Their whole species will wither and die slowly. Right?
HOLY HANNAH! I haven't been this riveted to a story since I read Stackpole's Clan Invasion.
Guest chapter 4 . 11/10/2013
Type your review for this chapter here...
m149 chapter 104 . 10/14/2013
Absolutely one of my all time favourite fanfictions. Great work.
Guest chapter 77 . 10/3/2013
And so Jha'dur slips into outright insanity... The scary thing is that until this point, I could see how a completely amoral and very logical person could take her course of action: If you don't value any life, it makes sense to kill billions of people, including millions of your own, to achieve strategic objectives. But at this point she seems to be getting disconnected from reality beyond just being a sociopath.

PS And I guessed that Francis was going to get Darshan's gun the moment you focused on how that gun is one of only 6 made. (Considering that his friend got another one, he had to get one for symmetry. :))
Zeviz chapter 66 . 10/1/2013
Wow, I didn't expect one of the protagonists to die so early in the story. And talking about Dilgar losses, I like the parallel between Arishan's experience facing humans, and Tsomething (the squirrel pilot) facing Arishan's own squadron. In general, I am still enjoying this story, so thank you for writing it, and especially for having the patience to keep writing for so long.
Zeviz chapter 39 . 9/28/2013
This story is really excellent. I especially like your fight and chase scenes, and surprises you put in, like managing to include a scare into a routine freighter departure.
Zeviz chapter 14 . 9/26/2013
I like your story already, but I especially liked the way you described the battle over Abbai homeworld: Until the very end I couldn't tell who was going to win. With the battle evenly matched, and a protagonist going on a suicidal attack to wipe out a civilization we know is supposed to survive, I had no idea how the situation would be resolved, and kept reading the story long after I should have gone to sleep.
Hector chapter 3 . 9/17/2013
Marines not soldiers! GROPOS have been given the nickname as "Jarheads" which is another moniker for Marines. We hate it when a writer refers a Marine as "soldier". It is the surest way for someone to be chewed out, much less knocked out by a Marine that has been referred to as "soldier".
MyRandomName chapter 104 . 9/15/2013
It's taken me an entire week to read this story from start to finish and every minute of that time was well spent. Thank you for writing this story.
Orumon chapter 104 . 8/14/2013
Awe inspiring story. I especially liked the framing method used here, along with the reasonable explanation for why a numerous collection of cultures would be overcome were brought down by an otherwise weak newcomer.
Guest chapter 104 . 7/4/2013
simply one of the best storys i ever read
TheSealer chapter 36 . 2/26/2013
Since Sha'dur won the battle but there were no bombers to finish the job, does this counts as a Cadmean victory?
il santo chapter 6 . 2/7/2013