Reviews for The Dilgar War
StillReflections chapter 1 . 7/4
Holy hell, this one's a doorstopper! This looks very interesting.
Apex113 chapter 1 . 6/22
I've finished reading this fic for the 4th tome now, and I'm still amazed at how good it is. And how long. Over a million words? Awesome! And yet this has only about 250 reviews? Wow. Some people have no appreciation of good fanfiction. This was the first Babylon 5 fic I ever read and it got me hung up on the TV series. While there are a few typos, it's not surprising on a story this size and being written without the aid of a professional editor. I bet even regular authors like Riordan and Brown do it. So no. I have no complaints except WHY DID YOU KILL OFF PAUL CALENDAR? *cough*
Anyways, I digress. Great job. Please complete "A fighting chance" quickly. Can't wait. Apex113 over and out.
cantysmith567 chapter 14 . 6/7
What I have read so far is excellent, although it is 90% finished (grammar spelling, exchange of sentences and a teeny little tweak to one of the characters), 8 out of ten and only because of grammar.
I hear J. Michael Straczynski is going to bring back B5, I think you should pass this by him if you already haven't. The star trek novels are great, its about time B5 followed suit.
alexander.corcoran chapter 21 . 5/15
If that is the same Turnbow who appears in Gropos (Season 2 episode 10) than he would have to be 45 years old so wouldn't that make him too old for the military, also I doubt that in 27 years he only gets to Private First Class. Also he seems to have ended up switching to the marines.
Dethryl chapter 104 . 2/27
How this story only has 200 reviews is beyond my ken. This is one of the best stories I've ever read. If the typos and punctuation were tightened up, this would not be out of place in a printed format next to the other Babylon 5 novels. I applaud you for a masterful tale and wonderful characters. Until and unless JMS says otherwise, this story will be my head-canon. Bravo!
Axcel chapter 1 . 1/2
Wait, I've read this fic. Why doesn't it have a few billion reviews, yet? It is awesomeness incarnate!
Lamon chapter 10 . 11/30/2014
God what a chapter. And Jha'dur, god such an effective character. Loving her to be honest. Such a true neutral evil character is so rare. And there is so much left. Can't wait.
Lamon chapter 6 . 11/30/2014
I got to say. This seems to be a hidden gem alright. Found it while trawling reddit of all things. Really enjoying it. To be honest I haven't seen Babylon 5 so its all new to me. Seems like a new novel to me and its so enjoyable as a result.
rick russo chapter 104 . 11/16/2014
This story is head and shoulders the best I have ever rwad in the fanfiction website. Truly a master piece and definitely worth havin strackynski a good look at it as I know he is trying to revive the babylon5 genre.
A great story truly enjoyed it!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/22/2014
Well are you going to continue?
Anon87 chapter 42 . 8/31/2014
I just wanted to point out that there's another form of defence that you haven't considered for both Krish and Mitoc. All they need do was turn off their hyperspace beacons and the Dilgar wouldn't be able to reach them!
Reaper chapter 38 . 7/20/2014
Very well written. Better than most books that are littering bookstores shelves nowdays.
In my humble opinion you have beaten David Weber. Congratulations and keep up the good work.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/11/2014
You should publish this it is brilliantly done and send it to JM Stryzinski to turn it I ya new series
Pounamu chapter 64 . 3/1/2014
Well your Joe Tennant sounds like a Maori but he doesn't sound like a Maori. Firstly we do not wear grass-skirts, they're made of harakeke (flax), and are called Piupiu. Secondly we do not have 'shaman', we have Tohunga. Thirdly your 'lyrics' for the Ka mate haka are wrong. We do not say 'Ka ro', we say 'Ka ora', meaning 'To live'.

The Ka mate haka, created by the Ngati Toa chief Te Rauparaha goes like this:

Ka mate, Ka mate, Ka ora, Ka ora
Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana nei i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra
Upane, Kaupane
Whiti te ra.

I appreciate your character, I truly do, but please if you're going to make him of my culture, at least have the decency to get the basics right. It'd be like trying to dress a cat up as a cow otherwise. It just doesn't work.
TheSealer chapter 75 . 1/27/2014
The Mitoc can't rebuild their civilization, can they? If only a few thousand/hundreds are left, they're no longer genetically viable. In generations, inbreading will cause unhealthy results. Their whole species will wither and die slowly. Right?